Login

russian armor

The maxim thread

PAGES (13)down
27 Oct 2020, 14:19 PM

The maxim is the current worst machinegun ingame by a longshot... not only does it have the worst suppression out of all the machineguns ingame but it also has one of the smallest arcs (45 degrees) suffers from a fairly subpar vet ability (compared to API at least) and suffers greatly from the deathloop... its only advantages are 6 man (which is countered by the deathloop) and -1s packing time (which is inferior to the 60 degree arc)... this awful MG also costs 260mp... while the more capable MG34 costs 250mp...

when can we expect this unit to be fixed?
27 Oct 2020, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:19 PMgbem
The maxim is the current worst machinegun ingame by a longshot... not only does it have the worst suppression out of all the machineguns ingame but it also has one of the smallest arcs (45 degrees) suffers from a fairly subpar vet ability (compared to API at least) and suffers greatly from the deathloop... its only advantages are 6 man (which is countered by the deathloop) and -1s packing time (which is inferior to the 60 degree arc)... this awful MG also costs 260mp... while the more capable MG34 costs 250mp...

when can we expect this unit to be fixed?

Maxim arc is 90 not 45.
27 Oct 2020, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:22 PMVipper

Maxim arc is 90 not 45.

its (±)45 degrees left and right from center... arc can be measured by the left and right deviations from center as opposed to the total degrees of a sector... both are valid methods of displaying arc
27 Oct 2020, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:25 PMgbem

its (±)45 degrees left and right from center... arc can be measured by the left and right deviations from center as opposed to the total degrees of a sector... both are valid methods of displaying arc

Patch notes:
Overall, the changes are the following:

Arc of fire increased from 60 degrees to 90 degrees (other MGs have 90-120 degrees)

In addition you original post that I have quoted clearly says 45 degrees and not "(±)45 degrees left and right from center". I have simply pointed out a factual error that can cause confusion. Pls move on.
27 Oct 2020, 14:29 PM

Maxim is an extreme powerful MG, can't understand the crying. Maybe you use it the wrong way?

Also, as soviet you can hold line like Ostheer's Osttruppen, spam the map. Or, build multible Maxims, yes, less supression but more mobile and HP, also it is more or less immune to suppression.
27 Oct 2020, 14:32 PM

Maxim is an extreme powerful MG, can't understand the crying. Maybe you use it the wrong?

do you even play the soviets?... if youre having problems fighting the maxim then its entirely your fault

Also, as soviet you can hold line like Ostheer's Osttruppen, spam the map. Or, build multible Maxims, yes, less supression but more DPS because they are more or less immune to suppression.

ok... who the fck gets machineguns for DPS? also maxims have a similar DPS curve to the MG42... its difference is soo minor it doesnt warrant jack shit...
27 Oct 2020, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:32 PMgbem

do you even play the soviets?... if youre having problems fighting the maxim then its entirely your fault

ok... who the fck gets machineguns for DPS? also maxims have a similar DPS curve to the MG42... its difference is soo minor it doesnt warrant jack shit...

Maxim, since game release, had more constant DPS than other MGs. It was designed as assault-mg, now it becomes more or less a normal HMG.

Soviets have worse suppresion because they can hold line with normal line infantry.
27 Oct 2020, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:29 PMVipper

Patch notes:
Overall, the changes are the following:

Arc of fire increased from 60 degrees to 90 degrees (other MGs have 90-120 degrees)

(±)45 degrees = 90 degrees by sector angle

27 Oct 2020, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:32 PMgbem

Maxim, since game release, had more constant DPS than other MGs. It was designed as assault-mg, now it becämes more or less a normal HMG.

Soviets have worse suppresion because they can hold line with normal line infantry and got 7men upgrade to make it more clear.
27 Oct 2020, 14:37 PM

Maxim, since game release, had more constant DPS than other MGs. It was designed as assault-mg, now it becomes more or less a normal HMG.

a normal HMG with okay DPS and the worst suppression ingame with one of the worst ARCs ingame... how is this unit not underpowered to you?

Soviets have worse suppresion because they can hold line with normal line infantry.

they cant... the soviets are widely considered the weakest faction in the game because they cant hold the line at all till the T-70... furthermore objective evidence can be found by noting that the soviets have the lowest winrate in the game...
27 Oct 2020, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:37 PMgbem

a normal HMG with okay DPS and the worst suppression ingame with one of the worst ARCs ingame... how is this unit not underpowered to you?

they cant... the soviets are widely considered the weakest faction in the game because they cant hold the line at all till the T-70... furthermore objective evidence can be found by noting that the soviets have the lowest winrate in the game...

I get problems as soviet, if my enemy is simply better than me, better micro etc., also German late-game can be extreme powerful.

But Maxim? Never had problems with it. Maxim and some flamer pios with Cons with early Zis, and the game is yours. If you can suppress HMG42 it becomes useless, that's it weakpoint. Also cons become better than Grens over the game.

For me US is way weaker than Soviets.
27 Oct 2020, 14:48 PM

I get problems with soviets, if my enemy is simply better than me, better micro etc., also German late-game can be extreme powerful.

again do you play the soviets?

But Maxim? Never had problems with it. Maxim and some flamer pios with Cons, and the game is yours. If you can suppress HMG42 it becomes useless, that's it weakpoint.

soo if you think the maxim is soo useful would you agree to exchange machineguns and give the maxim to OST? i would like to hear your complaints then...
27 Oct 2020, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:48 PMgbem

again do you play the soviets?

soo if you think the maxim is soo useful would you agree to exchange machineguns and give the maxim to OST? i would like to hear your complaints then...

I normally play Ostheer, but I win versus my team-mates in 1vs1, because they are so stupid easy, if you don't run into a MG.

Edit: Give me 6men suqad-members and molotov, Pios with middle-range guns. Yes, then I would use it before HMG42.
27 Oct 2020, 14:53 PM

I normally play Ostheer, but I win versus my team-mates in 1vs1, because they are so stupid easy, if you don't run into a MG.

now i would ask you...

since you think the maxim is soo powerful would you agree for OST to have the maxim instead of the MG42? if no why? and if yes then i advise you try out the maxim for yourself...
27 Oct 2020, 14:54 PM

Edit: Give me 6men suqad-members and molotov, Pios with middle-range guns. Yes, then I would use it before HMG42.

ohh sure but in that case youre now playing SOV... which by the way is the worst faction in the game both subjectively (for alot of people) and objectively (according to winrate on all ladders)
27 Oct 2020, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:53 PMgbem

now i would ask you...

since you think the maxim is soo powerful would you agree for OST to have the maxim instead of the MG42? if no why? and if yes then i advise you try out the maxim for yourself...

Give me a 6men squad, molotovs and middle-range guns for Pios, yes, then I would use it.

Every franction gets tools fit for the design, soviets doesn't need an early strong supression platform.
27 Oct 2020, 14:57 PM

Give me a 6men squad, molotovs and middle-range guns for Pios, yes, then I would use it.

as i said... in that case youre playing SOV already... which is the worst faction ingame...
27 Oct 2020, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 14:57 PMgbem

as i said... in that case youre playing SOV already... which is the worst faction ingame...

For me, as main Ostheer player, USA is worst fraction. :P
27 Oct 2020, 15:01 PM

For me, as main Ostheer player, USA is worst fraction. :P

youre entitled to your opinions... but objective data subjective data and expert opinion both disagree with you... in any case i can with 100% certainty say the soviets have the worst average winrate and the worst winrate at all points of the ladder... that information however does not directly translate to "soviets are the weakest" but it already gives a hint on its own...

when such information is combined with expert opinion one can say that the soviets are the weakest faction ingame however...
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS