Login

russian armor

[OKW] FlammPanzer Hetzer

26 Oct 2020, 22:44 PM

Nobody is ever building Obersoldaten before purchasing Panzer Authorization

Well to be fair here, why would you want build obersoldaten without LMG, if by the time you can build them, they will face vetted and upgranned inf.
Pip
26 Oct 2020, 23:29 PM

This is the major problem with Obers. (Coupled with the fact that you're usually already loaded on Volks by the time you can get them)

Obers need to be buildable much earlier, in my opinion. As soon as your first truck, honestly. You can get JLI or Fallschirmjager out by that time, and both of those (When the JLI are upgraded) arguably outperform non-LMG Obers.

How overpowering would they be if you could just buy them from the beginning of the game? I expect some of their vet 2 bonus might have to be pushed to vet 3 if that were to happen.
27 Oct 2020, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2020, 23:29 PMPip
This is the major problem with Obers. (Coupled with the fact that you're usually already loaded on Volks by the time you can get them)

Obers need to be buildable much earlier, in my opinion. As soon as your first truck, honestly. You can get JLI or Fallschirmjager out by that time, and both of those (When the JLI are upgraded) arguably outperform non-LMG Obers.

How overpowering would they be if you could just buy them from the beginning of the game? I expect some of their vet 2 bonus might have to be pushed to vet 3 if that were to happen.

Different topic, but worth its own thread, I like the idea. Perhaps obers could be trained at hq after the first truck was deployed, while lmg is still locked behind panzer authorization. The cost of the schwerer would be split up at for example 90/30 instead of the current 60/60, allowing hetzer, ostwind and perhaps jp to be built earlier.
27 Oct 2020, 08:10 AM

PLS stop making making powerful units available early. Instead delay the ones that already come early.
27 Oct 2020, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 08:10 AMVipper
PLS stop making making powerful units available early. Instead delay the ones that already come early.

HMG42 now requires battle phase 1 researched.
27 Oct 2020, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 08:14 AMKatitof

HMG42 now requires battle phase 1 researched.

penals come after building sov t3
27 Oct 2020, 08:31 AM

penals come after building sov t3

Deal.
27 Oct 2020, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 08:10 AMVipper

So... Pgrens back to T2?
27 Oct 2020, 09:05 AM

Different topic, but worth its own thread, I like the idea. Perhaps obers could be trained at hq after the first truck was deployed, while lmg is still locked behind panzer authorization. The cost of the schwerer would be split up at for example 90/30 instead of the current 60/60, allowing hetzer, ostwind and perhaps jp to be built earlier.

I like the idea of Obers earlier. I would even think to put the LMG earlier behind just the Schwerer. The earlier Ostwinds though might be game breaking.
27 Oct 2020, 09:12 AM

So... Pgrens back to T2?

And obers back to schwerer.
We can't have that power creep of powerful units coming in early.
27 Oct 2020, 09:40 AM

So... Pgrens back to T2?

This exactly what I pointed out when Penal got buffed through the roof. That they will eventually have to make PG being built from T1.

If one delays allied powerful early infatry one can delay PGs else they will become useless again.

So for instance when Penals start with lesser weapon (similar to PF) and have to buy SVT an upgrade PG can be moved to T1.

But non of these are remotely related to hetzer, so If you want to debate this issues pls start another thread.
27 Oct 2020, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 09:40 AMVipper

This exactly what I pointed out when Penal got buffed through the roof. That they will eventually have to make PG being built from T1.

If one delays allied powerful early infatry one can delay PGs else they will become useless again.

So for instance when Penals start with lesser weapon (similar to PF) and have to buy SVT an upgrade PG can be moved to T1.

But non of these are remotely related to hetzer, so If you want to debate this issues pls start another thread.

Except.... penals were NEVER even for a second considered the cause of earlier PGs and have their own balancing factor, which people found out over a year ago.

Why do you think penal meta died way before PG shift?

Correlation =! causation and example pulled out of your ass isn't viable justification for your argument.

What you completely fail to see is that penals would HAVE to come EVEN EARLIER and be MUCH CHEAPER to accomodate that stupid ass of a suggestion, but then you'd have EVEN MORE OVERLAP with cons, returning us to the very reason penals were given its own identity in the first place.

You clearly have no understanding what and why happened to penals going by what you're saying here and are simply trying to drag penal changes under your personal agenda umbrella.
27 Oct 2020, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 09:43 AMKatitof

Except.... penals were NEVER even for a second considered the cause of earlier PGs and have their own balancing factor, which people found out over a year ago.

Why do you think penal meta died way before PG shift?

Correlation =! causation and example pulled out of your ass isn't viable justification for your argument.

What you completely fail to see is that penals would HAVE to come EVEN EARLIER and be MUCH CHEAPER to accomodate that stupid ass of a suggestion, but then you'd have EVEN MORE OVERLAP with cons, returning us to the very reason penals were given its own identity in the first place.

I see you are in trolling mode and I am not really interested. Have a nice day.
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 09:43 AMKatitof

You clearly have no understanding what and why happened to penals going by what you're saying here.

Once more stop projecting your flaws on to others.
27 Oct 2020, 09:50 AM

Why not just turn it into a proper tank destroyer, like it's supposed to be?

The All Units mod does it and unlike in the vanilla game, it's actually useful.
27 Oct 2020, 09:59 AM

Why not just turn it into a proper tank destroyer, like it's supposed to be?

Because flame vehicles aren't really supposed to be tank destroyers?

The All Units mod does it and unlike in the vanilla game, it's actually useful.

Lack of animations, therefore quality, therefore no from relic+it was never supposed to be TD in coh2.

In fact, flame hetzer belonging to OKW and OKW being themed for Ardenes campaign couldn't be any more historically accurate as Hitler himself requested them for Ardenes and they have failed to do the job.
27 Oct 2020, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 09:59 AMKatitof

Because flame vehicles aren't really supposed to be tank destroyers?

this doesnt mean, that such a flame vehicle wouldn't do any dmg to a tank. IT would be indeed make serious dmg to a tank. It is even a really good weapon vs tanks in close combat.

It was clear that you have no clue, what happen when this flames would fire on a tank. Maybe read about it. Learn everyday something new.
27 Oct 2020, 10:17 AM

this doesnt mean, that such a flame vehicle wouldn't do any dmg to a tank. IT would be indeed make serious dmg to a tank. It is even a really good weapon vs tanks in close combat.

It was clear that you have no clue, what happen when this flames would fire on a tank. Maybe read about it. Learn everyday something new.

Oh, sure it would and sure it did IRL.
But if you want to go this way, we'd have to make flame nades/molos effective vs vehicles too.

The only thing that we have clear here is that you have no slightest idea how to tell immersion from realism or are unable to wrap your head around the fact that coh2 is an arcade rts and things aren't supposed to work as they did IRL, because if they did, you would see PTRS units completely messing up tanks from the side.
27 Oct 2020, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 09:12 AMKatitof

And obers back to schwerer.
We can't have that power creep of powerful units coming in early.

So, Shocks need 5 CP?
27 Oct 2020, 16:36 PM

Nobody is ever building Obersoldaten before purchasing Panzer Authorization

Depends on the gamemode and personal preference. Fallies would suffer from this as well
27 Oct 2020, 17:00 PM

I like the idea of Obers earlier. I would even think to put the LMG earlier behind just the Schwerer. The earlier Ostwinds though might be game breaking.

I think it says it all when at a similar timing, ostwind might be broken but hetzer should be ok.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★