Login

russian armor

Rifle Company Should have the M1919

11 Oct 2020, 21:57 PM

If this doctrine is supposed to be focused around the standard infantry units it would make sense to give it the M1919. The flare I don't really like that much because its kind of redundant to the Major's air recon. But having the M1919 making the Riflemen better for "Rifle" Company to me makes sense.

Yes and give the EZ8 WP rounds.
12 Oct 2020, 22:48 PM

I don't think Rifle should have m1919s. The M1919s require you to be stationary. The commander is built around highly mobility thematically. I think balance wise it would make it better.

Rather the way I see it these are the changes that could be made:

1. Replace RE flamethrower with a 4 man rifle squad call in that can upgrade flamethrower and has a satchel charge (or maybe grenade if that is too strong)

2. Reduce sprint MU cost from 15 to 10. (I really don't think that sprint should cost as much as smoke rifle grenades, smoke is clearly superior... Also if you think about Cover to Cover it is 60MU for a smoke drop and a army sprint, clearly rifle man sprint is over costed)
13 Oct 2020, 00:20 AM

I really like the theme of weapon diversity within a squad (akin officers). I’d like to see Rifleman Comp giving a weapon upgrade kit that adds 1 thompson and 1 BAR (without needing racks ofc). I see this as meaningful choice to keep Rifles good at all ranges but not overbearing, similarly to officers. Another thing we could add to RC is opening raks for free at 2 CP (or a minimal cost of 50 mp) and reducing BAR price to 45-50 to keep with rifleman upgunning theme.
13 Oct 2020, 00:31 AM

I also thought about giving rifles “gas masks”, a 2 sec toggle that adds immunity to the WP barrage and blendkorper dot and slow. I rly wish we had animations for that, but a simple toggle would do
13 Oct 2020, 06:55 AM

I don't think Rifle should have m1919s. The M1919s require you to be stationary. The commander is built around highly mobility thematically. I think balance wise it would make it better.

1. Replace RE flamethrower with a 4 man rifle squad call in that can upgrade flamethrower and has a satchel charge (or maybe grenade if that is too strong)

2. Reduce sprint MU cost from 15 to 10. (I really don't think that sprint should cost as much as smoke rifle grenades, smoke is clearly superior... Also if you think about Cover to Cover it is 60MU for a smoke drop and a army sprint, clearly rifle man sprint is over costed)

I really like the idea of 4 man dedicated anti garrison squad idea.
13 Oct 2020, 08:30 AM

13 Oct 2020, 08:41 AM

M1919 lmg and sprinting won't work well together. But I like the idea of a thompson upgrade for riflemen.
But even then the doctrine could use some munition and fuel booster, like a supply truck similar to the ostheer opel or the okw 223.
13 Oct 2020, 14:11 PM

you know what is better ? making m1919 stock. i mean, you have the rack built in your base, why dont just give it a tech to unlock m1919 at captain or event major ?

on serious side, i think a dedicated flame rifle squad is a good ideal, too. And there can be a 6 man upgrade which take all slot, add a carbine to the squad and also unlock fire up.
13 Oct 2020, 14:12 PM

Thompson is good enough that the drawbacks of fired up would be fair. I could get behind a Thompson upgrade for sure. I'd even bundle it with fire up and find something else small, maybe the removed cover LOS buff from recon, to put in there and call it good.
13 Oct 2020, 14:16 PM

M1919 lmg and sprinting won't work well together. But I like the idea of a thompson upgrade for riflemen.
But even then the doctrine could use some munition and fuel booster, like a supply truck similar to the ostheer opel or the okw 223.

the US should have their own supplies for sure, but sadly the model doesnt exist. But the soviet have a truck model.
13 Oct 2020, 14:34 PM

the US should have their own supplies for sure, but sadly the model doesnt exist. But the soviet have a truck model.

There is an abundance of usf halftrack variations in the game, simply using one of them would suffice
13 Oct 2020, 14:50 PM

How about a WC51 with some boxes on its rear? (afaik adding already existing models to a vehicle is possible)
13 Oct 2020, 17:56 PM

How about a WC51 with some boxes on its rear? (afaik adding already existing models to a vehicle is possible)

oh, i almost forgot we sill have that car, it i see several mod with it, i think it can be done.
14 Oct 2020, 02:43 AM

So many nice ideas. But we are unlikely to see them.
14 Oct 2020, 23:37 PM

Okay but the argument that the M1919 requires your Riflemen to be stationary for a mobile doctrine sounds kind of strange to me when they gave them the ability to make fighting positions, that's not a very mobility-centric ability.
18 Oct 2020, 04:35 AM

Personally I would go for a m1 carbine upgrade as it would be far more unique. If you want a Thompson squad you can get can rifles, paras or rangers
18 Oct 2020, 05:16 AM

Personally I would go for a m1 carbine upgrade as it would be far more unique. If you want a Thompson squad you can get can rifles, paras or rangers

Why? Aren't carbines shittier?
18 Oct 2020, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 05:16 AMSpoof

Why? Aren't carbines shittier?

RET ones? Sure.
Para ones? Not really, but most certainly not good or unique enough to warrant them being upgrade.
18 Oct 2020, 08:07 AM

For the record, 5x elite carbines would have similar or worse dps in every category compared to 3x M1 Garand and 2x BAR. They'd be significantly worse at long range. They'd only have better moving DPS at close to mid range.
18 Oct 2020, 09:07 AM

I don't think Rifle should have m1919s. The M1919s require you to be stationary. The commander is built around highly mobility thematically.

True, hence why it includes the highly mobile rifleman field defenses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★