Login

russian armor

Rear Ech. Flamethrower - Rifle Company

7 Oct 2020, 18:30 PM

Is it really necessary for the flamethrower upgrade to lock out the ability to fire m23 smoke grenades?

It's very disruptive to have to lose a smoke firing unit for a doctrinal upgrade.

Give rear echs the ability to fire smoke while upgraded with the flamethrower.

EDIT: Really good suggestion from a reply. Replace the flamethrower unlock with a 4 man Rifleman squad call in that can upgrade a flamethrower.
7 Oct 2020, 18:46 PM

Is it really necessary for the flamethrower upgrade to lock out the ability to fire m23 smoke grenades?

It's very disruptive to have to lose a smoke firing unit for a doctrinal upgrade.

Problem is than then 200 mp infatry will be able to dislodge garrisoned mgs on its own.

I would test moving the flamer to urban and merge with flame grenade that now would be available to RE.

Rifle-grenade could be move to rifle-company and moved to riflemen using the AT grenade animation, on could combine it with a "hit the dirt" type of ability.

That would probably fit the theme of both commander better.
7 Oct 2020, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2020, 18:46 PMVipper

Problem is than then 200 mp infatry will be able to dislodge garrisoned mgs on its own.

I would test moving the flamer to urban and merge with flame grenade that now would be available to RE.

Rifle-grenade could be move to rifle-company and moved to riflemen using the AT grenade animation, on could combine it with a "hit the dirt" type of ability.

Well I'd say that LT in a way can also solo garrisoned MGs. With his smoke + grenade. It is such a burden to convert a unit that you need for smoke/mine sweep to what amounts to just a flamethrower. I know OST and SOV have this too. But for them at least the enigeer is core so you don't have to get so far off track just to use a doctrinal ability...

I don't know if stacking more random abilities will really change the commander... I've also kind of had a change of mind concerning rifle. WP barrage + E8s makes for interesting plays. Still not a top commander but its ok.

7 Oct 2020, 20:43 PM

USF is already munitions heavy so I would even suggest making Flamethrower Team a call-in squad, 4 Riflemen with one Flamethrower.
7 Oct 2020, 20:46 PM

USF is already munitions heavy so I would even suggest making Flamethrower Team a call-in squad, 4 Riflemen and a Flamethrower.

I really really like this idea. Also if it gets the rifleman sprint it would make for fun synergy.
7 Oct 2020, 20:52 PM

EDIT: Really good suggestion from a reply. Replace the flamethrower unlock with a 4 man Rifleman squad call in that can upgrade a flamethrower.

This wouldn't be a problem if flamethrowers couldn't attack ground.
8 Oct 2020, 01:16 AM

USF is already munitions heavy so I would even suggest making Flamethrower Team a call-in squad, 4 Riflemen with one Flamethrower.

This is a nice and very doable ideal. Flamethrower section is still exist and create a rifleman version will be simple.
8 Oct 2020, 07:40 AM

Flaming stuff and smoke should never come together in 1 unit.

but...damn stormtrooper... make it share the cooldown of both flamenade and smoke please.
8 Oct 2020, 13:04 PM

Yep made a thread about it thouth it was a bug but no its for balance
8 Oct 2020, 13:22 PM

I am not 100% sure on this but I think in past tests I noticed that while flamer ground attack works with normal sightblockers, it does NOT work through smoke
8 Oct 2020, 14:07 PM

I am not 100% sure on this but I think in past tests I noticed that while flamer ground attack works with normal sightblockers, it does NOT work through smoke

There is a weird interaction with hand held flamers attack ground but not sure what it is.
11 Oct 2020, 18:13 PM

It'd be nice if they didn't lose the smoke but this is one nerf I understand. They'd be burning out buildings left and right. Besides, it's not too big of a hasle to use a mortar to smoke a building and gave the REs burn it out.
11 Oct 2020, 20:51 PM

While i like this idea, at this point it seems like why not just replace the abilities with a Assault Engineer squad?
11 Oct 2020, 21:08 PM

While i like this idea, at this point it seems like why not just replace the abilities with a Assault Engineer squad?

Come to think of it i think that USF commanders could really benefit from some kind of call in unit reshuffle.

Something like.

Rifle company: swap flamethrower for Rangers and the EZ8 for the 105 Sherman (for supporting the infantry) the rifle flare ability gets combined with the RE rifle grenade. (The RE flamethrower gets ditched because it has bad synergy)

Armor company: swap the 105 Sherman for the EZ8 because its a good all round medium armor (lets say it gets some stat tweaks if these changes are made)

Urban assault: Swap out the Ranger for Assault Engineers (to clear out houses). The rifle flare ability gets combined with the RE rifle grenade (the petrol bomb gets ditched because the assault engineers are all ready present to clear houses).

So in the end it would look like.

Rifle Company

Rifleman Field Defenses 0CP

Advanced Infantry Equipment 0cp (Rifleman flares and Rear Echelon rifle grenades)

Rangers 3CP

105MM Bulldozer Sherman

White phosphorus Smoke Barrage

Armor company

Assault Engineers 0CP

Elite Vehicle Crew Upgrade 0CP

M10 Wolverine Tank Destroyer 0CP

M4A3E8 Sherman ''Easy 8'' 0CP

240MM Howitzer Barrage 12CP

Urban Assault Company

Advanced Infantry Equipment 0cp (Rifleman flares and Rear Echelon rifle grenades)

Assault Engineers 0CP

M4A3 Sherman Assault Package 0CP

Cover to Cover 4CP

M4 Sherman Calliope 10CP

11 Oct 2020, 21:36 PM

Nothing says rifle company like replacing rifles with rangers....
11 Oct 2020, 21:52 PM

Nothing says rifle company like replacing rifles with rangers....

Nothing says rifle company like an E8 sherman.

Quite clearly its more of a vague theme then hard set guidelines so adding aggressive infantry that start with semi automatic carbines is well within the parameters of the theme, or are carbines too different then rifles for you to fit?. Cause if that is the case they should have nothing but 5 different rifleman related trinkets in each ability slot.
11 Oct 2020, 22:06 PM

Nothing says rifle company like an E8 sherman.

Quite clearly its more of a vague theme then hard set guidelines so adding aggressive infantry that start with semi automatic carbines is well within the parameters of the theme, or are carbines too different then rifles for you to fit?. Cause if that is the case they should have nothing but 5 different rifleman related trinkets in each ability slot.

There's a difference between the commander not really doing much for a unit it's named after and replacing it entirely.

As a result I'm against adding a rifle replacement to rifle company. It'd be like putting veteran squad leaders in the ostroppen commander because it would jazz it up and being named specifically after ostroppen shouldn't mean ostroppen are the core of ostroppen tactics.
11 Oct 2020, 22:55 PM

There's a difference between the commander not really doing much for a unit it's named after and replacing it entirely.

As a result I'm against adding a rifle replacement to rifle company. It'd be like putting veteran squad leaders in the ostroppen commander because it would jazz it up and being named specifically after ostroppen shouldn't mean ostroppen are the core of ostroppen tactics.
While i don't necessarily agree one could replace the rangers with 1919's and the concepts as whole still work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight