Login

russian armor

Mortar Vet 3 doesnt apply

1 Oct 2020, 12:36 PM

Hey!

has anybody already noticed the Vet 3 bonus of Soviet and Wehrmacht mortars doesn't apply? On Vet2 they get faster cooldown for their barrage abilities. And Vet 3 says, according to the CoH2.org beginner veterancy guide, +20% barrage accuracy.

But I made some testings and can't find any differences between a Vet 0 and Vet 3 mortar. And after looking at https://coh2.serealia.ca for the true stats, there is also no difference to see.

So as far as I can say, Vet 3 bonus doenst correctly apply to Grw34 and BM-37.

Am I wrong at this?
1 Oct 2020, 14:53 PM

Hey!

has anybody already noticed the Vet 3 bonus of Soviet and Wehrmacht mortars doesn't apply? On Vet2 they get faster cooldown for their barrage abilities. And Vet 3 says, according to the CoH2.org beginner veterancy guide, +20% barrage accuracy.

But I made some testings and can't find any differences between a Vet 0 and Vet 3 mortar. And after looking at https://coh2.serealia.ca for the true stats, there is also no difference to see.

So as far as I can say, Vet 3 bonus doenst correctly apply to Grw34 and BM-37.

Am I wrong at this?

Without knowing it; i am pretty sure vet 3 increases the barrage range by some amount.
1 Oct 2020, 15:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

According to the moddingtools: The vet 3 bonus is -20% scatter and applies to all abilities, but not to auto-fire. That reason that the site doesn't show this correct is most likely because the modifiers are not located in the usual veterancy_ext bonuses, but through an always_on ability.
1 Oct 2020, 17:15 PM

Without knowing it; i am pretty sure vet 3 increases the barrage range by some amount.

That was what the old vet 3 bonus was. It was removed, unless there was some kind of mistake
1 Oct 2020, 17:16 PM

That was what the old vet 3 bonus was. It was removed, unless there was some kind of mistake

Old bonus increase default range too.
Was changed to barrage only.
No idea about accuracy increase.
1 Oct 2020, 17:23 PM

Old bonus increase default range too.
Was changed to barrage only.
No idea about accuracy increase.

The auto-attack bonus was removed over 3 years ago

As I just said. It used to be barrage range and that was removed

I believe you mean scatter, which is the current barrage bonus
1 Oct 2020, 17:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unfortunately seems like serealia has some values wrong or not updated correctly as the previous site list the vet bonus just fine.
2 Oct 2020, 07:42 AM

Okay, thank you guys. I made some more testings and come to the following results:

1. The yellow barrage circle, indicating maximum scatter, is both the same size, Vet 0 and Vet 3, with and without sight.
2. With sight, both Vet mortars seem to have the same scatter. They hit with same chance.
3. WITHOUT sight, the Vet 3 mortar does hit much more. Scatter seems a lot better in comparrison to Vet 0.

So could it be, that the Vet 3 bonus only applies to barrage without sight?
2 Oct 2020, 08:07 AM

Okay, thank you guys. I made some more testings and come to the following results:

1. The yellow barrage circle, indicating maximum scatter, is both the same size, Vet 0 and Vet 3, with and without sight.

The indicator is simply inaccurate and does not change with veterancy.

2. With sight, both Vet mortars seem to have the same scatter. They hit with same chance.

When a unit has sight the normal scatter values apply the value might simply be good enough at vet one so that one does notice a difference since the mortar can not really be "more accurate"

3. WITHOUT sight, the Vet 3 mortar does hit much more. Scatter seems a lot better in comparrison to Vet 0.

Without sight a additional penalty applies and now one can notice the higher "accuracy"

So could it be, that the Vet 3 bonus only applies to barrage without sight?

As pointed out already by SneakEye the bonuses applies to abilities not auto-fire.

That is intended:

MORTAR CHANGES

A number of general changes have been applied to a number of light indirect-fire options to reduce their squad wipe potential, improve anti-garrison counterplay, and reduce their range in the late game.
• Damage to garrisoned squads increased from 0.25 to 0.5
• AOE near damage multiplier decreased from 1 to 0.85
Veterancy barrage range bonuses replaced by barrage scatter reduction for the majority of light indirect fire options.

In reality the mortar vet bonus have become really weak as we can see from these bonuses:
BM-37 82mm Mortar
-25% recharge time of the "Flare" ability.
-40% recharge time of the all barrages.
+20% barrage accuracy.

If the Mod team does not want to improve the punch of the mortar one could actually provide other bonuses like tear up, tear down, time speed....
(corrected)
2 Oct 2020, 13:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2020, 08:07 AMVipper
Snip

If the Moderation team does not want to improve the punch of the mortar one could actually provide other bonuses like tear up, tear down, time speed....

Nice answer but moderation =/= modding :P
3 Oct 2020, 10:42 AM

Okay, thank you for clarification :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment