Login

russian armor

Allied INF Team Games

25 Sep 2020, 12:33 PM

Worst possible example ever to support your case that HMGs are problematic, it was actually a clever play from SOV with Penals and T34 with good play from USF which won the game. Not HMGs, OKW knew what to do to outplay HMGs play. It was proper tight and suspenseful to the very end. Balanced game, with the best team winning. Not a balance issue.

Ah. Than you will find a better / the best example for now? Right? Thank you in advanced
25 Sep 2020, 12:36 PM

Well, no, I won't because I don't support your point of view. And I'm a OST player, you just tend to exaggerate everything. SOV going HMGs is not that of a biggie for Axis players just another way to find how to play against. They don't have it as bad as you say.

The only point that your replay shows is that USF going 2 CaliOP is too much. Nothing else. That thing should be limited to 1 or be more prone to engine failures. But that's known balance issue anyway and a complete different topic.

/edit: wrong unit names, changed it dude.
25 Sep 2020, 16:20 PM

its easy to see those that don't play OKW in the thread. or not play game at all :-)

it not rare i see okw players bouncing around, wasting time and resources, trying to find a weakspot in enemy lines due to MG's. while enemy is sucking up resources and teching up, while OKW is still at basic infantry level.

like ullumulu says, OKW needs a anti-MG mechanic, personally think regular smoke for sturmpioneers, or ''short range'' smoke for volksgrens, meaning you have to use atleast 2 volksgrens to smoke their way up to a mg, to be a relatively fair buff.

25 Sep 2020, 18:34 PM

give okw a t0 smoke option. like USF got since devs realize their play is shutdown by mg spam ...and oh wonder its the same for OKW.

I actually agree with this (the giving okw smoke) personally if have it on sturms along with the flame nade so that they are guaranteed access but limited. Once teching happens of course bghq has the leig for smoke and t2 stuka makes mgs obsolete and the luchs does well enough (tbh I think it could use a wee bump in power tho) so saturation isn't an issue at that stage.
25 Sep 2020, 19:22 PM

Maxim spam? What is this, 2014?
25 Sep 2020, 19:31 PM

Maxim spam? What is this, 2014?

Some people will struggle against certain units regardless of how bad they are.
Let me remind you that there are people around, even in this very thread, who genuinely believe Combat Engies are OP.
25 Sep 2020, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2020, 19:31 PMKatitof

Let me remind you that there are people around, even in this very thread, who genuinely believe Combat Engies are OP.

After the adjustments to their rifles, you could genuinely increase their cost by 10/20. Then give the faction equal mp pool as any of the other 4.

25 Sep 2020, 20:20 PM

After the adjustments to their rifles, you could genuinely increase their cost by 10/20. Then give the faction equal mp pool as any of the other 4.

The adjustment made their rifles reliably in hitting things, not stronger.
They still are 4 man con squad with no combat scaling at all.
They couldn't really be in a better spot, especially since they are the only engies in the game who do not have any faction unique utility since demo was soft removed from the game.
25 Sep 2020, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2020, 20:20 PMKatitof

They couldn't really be in a better spot, especially since they are the only engies in the game who do not have any faction unique utility since demo was soft removed from the game.

Nice joke.
But lets be honest: the demo is really good..even after the nerv. You must be only smart with it..and install the game.
They can have flamer upgrade, minesweeper, repair, ... all you need from a supporting unit. they are super cheap and with a merging cons in the back really effective in the early game
25 Sep 2020, 20:44 PM

Nice joke.

You saying the maxim is fine is the only comedy going on here
25 Sep 2020, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2020, 20:20 PMKatitof

They can be merged into, can't think of any other engineer that gets reinforcements on their flamethrowers as a t0 bonus.

And just because you can't use your big brain to figure out how to use demos doesn't mean they've been removed. They've been changed so that units other that sturms and pios can actually cap points.
25 Sep 2020, 23:32 PM

I can't think of any other engineer squad that needs an extra 240mp unit to be built to have a fleshed out list of bonuses.... CE are absolutely fine when compared to ost pios so unless we decide that all the things that CE can do plus healing units plus super mines plus recon plus bunkers is wicked strong and in need of a cost increase benifiting from cons and having demos that hellen Keller can spot and call out are fine at their price point.
26 Sep 2020, 00:48 AM

I can't think of any other engineer squad that needs an extra 240mp unit to be built to have a fleshed out list of bonuses.... CE are absolutely fine when compared to ost pios so unless we decide that all the things that CE can do plus healing units plus super mines plus recon plus bunkers is wicked strong and in need of a cost increase benifiting from cons and having demos that hellen Keller can spot and call out are fine at their price point.

Is it or is it not something that they can do? Unless you're defending that thing I don't know what to say. You're absolutely correct then?
26 Sep 2020, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2020, 00:48 AMKoRneY

Is it or is it not something that they can do? Unless you're defending that thing I don't know what to say. You're absolutely correct then?

For an extra 240mp they can be merged into, that much is correct. It already costs an extra 240mp it doesn't need another 20-30 on top of it.

Compared to ost pios CE are appropriately priced.
26 Sep 2020, 01:59 AM

For an extra 240mp they can be merged into, that much is correct. It already costs an extra 240mp it doesn't need another 20-30 on top of it.

Compared to ost pios CE are appropriately priced.

I never said that. Imo I think they're balanced with enough nuance.
26 Sep 2020, 04:28 AM

Combat engineers are the most pop and cost efficient engineer in the game. Their combat stats allow them to be an actual stand in for conscripts if you have a way of getting supplemental AT in lieu of AT grenade cons.

I wouldn't call them OP, but they are very very good for their price. Some might say too good.

Pios are not comparable in terms of price to performance. RE(USF) come close but suffer from redundancy due to vehicle crews.
26 Sep 2020, 05:52 AM

Yes. They are OP when you look at their low reinforcement cost and how cheap they are to buy, especially if you see how many abilities they have. Typical Soviet stuff - was supposed to me bad, got buffed but the low price remained.
26 Sep 2020, 06:14 AM

Yes. They are OP when you look at their low reinforcement cost and how cheap they are to buy, especially if you see how many abilities they have. Typical Soviet stuff - was supposed to me bad, got buffed but the low price remained.

Low price remained after buffs?

Ce's where 200mp for years. Ce's rifles became more consistant and the demo got nerfed just as their mines got with the 2 model cap.
The price drop to 170 is fully justified. Now they are cost effective nothing more nothing less.

They are a 4 man squad facing factions designed to fight 5 or 6 men squads with better long range inf and actual nades and ai upgrades. There are the reasons for them justly being cheap and cheap to reinforce. Soviets bleeding like crazy hassent changed much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS