Login

russian armor

Bug reporting - 64 Bit Beta

• This thread is locked
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 18 Sep 2020, 01:17 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey all,

We're stoked to see such positivity for the upcoming 64 Bit Patch!

Playing the beta and reporting any bugs you encounter is a big help.

Please post any bugs you encounter here, and be as descriptive as possible. Images are really helpful to help us dial in on the issue at hand.

Thanks everyone
18 Sep 2020, 06:59 AM
Donator 11

Trying to build a med bunker as ostheer in base - emplacement showed unable to build in most places until I found a sweet spot as if it was much more sensitive to ground terrain features getting in the way. I think it may be linked to another change where i tried to build sandbags up against a strategic resource point - instead of showing red when the ghost sandbag overlapped the point the ghost vanished (this was actually an improvement as it did make them easier to position). I may have imagined this second part as being ‘new’
18 Sep 2020, 07:34 AM

In the main menu, when you go to the Create Custom Game tab for the first time, it takes pretty long (5-10 seconds) to load up the new tab. In 32b it displays a pop-up that it's connecting to something but this pop-up has disappeared in the 64b beta so now it just looks weird.

You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/L47jiGXWY3g?t=69
18 Sep 2020, 08:10 AM

Ostheer Stormtrooper MP-40 upgrade does not give them MP-40s. Tactical assault ability is unlocked and they have MP-40 icon, but they still use Kar-98s.

18 Sep 2020, 08:27 AM

In the main menu, when you go to the Create Custom Game tab for the first time, it takes pretty long (5-10 seconds) to load up the new tab. In 32b it displays a pop-up that it's connecting to something but this pop-up has disappeared in the 64b beta so now it just looks weird.

You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/L47jiGXWY3g?t=69

Same, automatch menu loading takes a significant time. Screenshot:

EDIT: Has anybody been able to play mp? Wasn't able to play on Automatch so far...
18 Sep 2020, 12:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

EDIT: Has anybody been able to play mp? Wasn't able to play on Automatch so far...

Thats because noone else was searching. I guess you had always 100% axis / allies
18 Sep 2020, 15:21 PM

Can't get into a single MP game, been searching for half an hour...
18 Sep 2020, 16:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can't get into a single MP game, been searching for half an hour...

That's because you can only play against other people that use the beta version, and these are probably only a couple at any given time.
18 Sep 2020, 19:21 PM

the multiplayer seems to be broken, takes forever to connect, then you get disconnect messages even when you play against bots.
20 Sep 2020, 06:30 AM

As USF I would get a similar issue to Array's when trying to place a fighting position. The ghost image would only display on valid areas to place it. Over invalid places (ie blocked or enemy terrain) I would just see a normal mouse cursor instead of the red ghosted image. It makes it hard to tell that you have correctly select the button to place the structure.
20 Sep 2020, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2020, 08:10 AMZeuskl
Ostheer Stormtrooper MP-40 upgrade does not give them MP-40s. Tactical assault ability is unlocked and they have MP-40 icon, but they still use Kar-98s.

What? One of my most favorite units is broken? Literally unplayable.

Jokes aside, as this beta seems to magically break things, maybe it magically also fixes things. Can somebody test if the old OKW Uhu with infrared vision got fixed by a miracle? The new, plain vision Uhu "doesn't see" much use.
22 Sep 2020, 19:58 PM

Game does not launch on 240 Hz monitor. I see the Company of Heroes 2 splash screen, but the main menu graphics do not load. I can hear the Sega voice line, menu music, and my cursor selecting things in the main menu, but the splash screen does not go away. Alt tabbing will cause the splash screen to become a black screen, but still no main menu. After setting monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz the game launches fine.

This bug also exists in the 32-bit client, but I hope Relic can still look into this.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 23 Sep 2020, 20:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2020, 19:58 PMZeuskl
Game does not launch on 240 Hz monitor. I see the Company of Heroes 2 splash screen, but the main menu graphics do not load. I can hear the Sega voice line, menu music, and my cursor selecting things in the main menu, but the splash screen does not go away. Alt tabbing will cause the splash screen to become a black screen, but still no main menu. After setting monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz the game launches fine.

This bug also exists in the 32-bit client, but I hope Relic can still look into this.

Hey there,

Thanks for flagging this.

If you launch with the desktop in 240Hz mode, then close coh2, can you send what the values for refreshratenumerator and refreshratedenominator in your configuration_system.lua file in his C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2 directory?

You can send to me directly here, or email enforcement@relic.com

Thanks to everyone else for reporting issues so far as well.
23 Sep 2020, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 20:59 PMAndy_RE

Hey there,

Thanks for flagging this.

If you launch with the desktop in 240Hz mode, then close coh2, can you send what the values for refreshratenumerator and refreshratedenominator in your configuration_system.lua file in his C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2 directory?

You can send to me directly here, or email enforcement@relic.com

Thanks to everyone else for reporting issues so far as well.

These are the values when launching with 240 Hz:

{
setting = "refreshratedenominator",
value = 1000,
valueType = 2,
},

{
setting = "refreshratenumerator",
value = 239761,
valueType = 2,
},

For reference, the values when launching with 120 Hz are

{
setting = "refreshratedenominator",
value = 1000,
valueType = 2,
}

{
setting = "refreshratenumerator",
value = 119999,
valueType = 2,
},

Thank you very much for looking into this!
24 Sep 2020, 13:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 21:43 PMZeuskl
code

you should send an email if you haven't already!
24 Sep 2020, 14:38 PM

you should send an email if you haven't already!

I think he reads this thread, but I sent the email now anyway.
24 Sep 2020, 18:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The worldbuilder is not pressent in the beta and the modding tools cannot build existing (working) mods due to missing files. After downloading both versions after each other, I noticed many files are indeed not included:
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 24 Sep 2020, 19:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks for the report Zeuskl, I've passed this on to tech.

Also thanks SneakEye. They are aware of this/ know there's work to do, but have forwarded in case it's informative for them.
24 Sep 2020, 19:38 PM

Experiencing game desyncs with specific people after 5 to 15 minutes of match time. Only happening with certain people.

The game also crashes after every match with error 1129468744. Happens to all players in my matches.

Warnings.log
24 Sep 2020, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2020, 06:30 AMCyanara
As USF I would get a similar issue to Array's when trying to place a fighting position. The ghost image would only display on valid areas to place it. Over invalid places (ie blocked or enemy terrain) I would just see a normal mouse cursor instead of the red ghosted image. It makes it hard to tell that you have correctly select the button to place the structure.

I have the same problem trying to build base buildings as Soviet (might happen to other factions also). The outline only shows up if the cursor is in a location where the building can be built. If it can't, it the outline disappears completely.

Other than that, it looked good to me. I set up a couple comp stomps and let computers battle while doing other stuff. It ran through a couple hours with three games without crashing, and I wasn't rebooting between games. The frame rate drop didn't seem as bad so it looks like it will be a great update.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight