Login

russian armor

64 bit beta for coh2

18 Sep 2020, 14:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well that announcement was quite unexpected.
Not quite sure how much is in there for Relic, but apparently enough to make it worthwhile (at least with Microsoft's support).

Overall great to see that some bugsplats might be resolved and most of all that Relic is still having at least some thoughts for this community. Good to see something like this for a relatively old game!
18 Sep 2020, 18:09 PM

Awesome to see this support!

Not to take away from what we're getting, but it does get me wondering: how much work it would take to enable full modding, compared to this? For instance, was mod support removed from the engine, or is it simply disabled? Is there a more powerful mod tool already made, or would the community have to make one, like Corsix back in the day?

I understand that mods are relatively niche and that 64 bit mode mostly happened for game pass. Just curious.
18 Sep 2020, 18:16 PM

What about Linux? will the Linux version finally be able to play with the windows version? because that was bullshit to have 2 separate multiplayer versions.
19 Sep 2020, 08:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe, if this version makes optimization much better, it's time to think about reintroduction of blizzard technology?
19 Sep 2020, 11:09 AM

May dreams come true? No Bugsplat on snow maps? No stuttering when at Victory/Defeat?

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo
20 Sep 2020, 03:18 AM

Yeah, after trying it out in 4v4 it doesn't feel like the engine overhaul we've all wished for so dearly. Even after just 10 minutes it was chugging like always while under-utilising my CPU and GPU. It's probably more of a bandaid solution to potentially delay or hide the worst shortcomings of the engine, such as crashes. They were always fairly rare for me though.

But hey, the menu is smooth now! And I didn't pay for it.

But seriously, I would totally pitch in for a crowdfunded or 'Remastered' version to improve responsiveness in the bottlenecked parts of the game, such as particle effects (smoke/fire) and late-game in team matches. The fact that no matter what CPU you buy 7 years later, it never fully utilises a single core still hurts. That kind of engine development is probably 'new game release' money only though.
20 Sep 2020, 05:19 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2020, 01:19 AMAndy_RE
Hey guys,

Glad to see the ecitement about the upcoming 64 Bit patch!

If you could post any bugs you find while playing in this thread, it would be much appreciated.

We'll be watching :hansGG:

Thank you for your work, Andy.

You are the best COH community manager ever.

There is tons of Chinese player who want to say thank you to you in person.

And can you please name the person who is working on this project? Much appreciated.
20 Sep 2020, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2020, 03:18 AMCyanara
Yeah, after trying it out in 4v4 it doesn't feel like the engine overhaul we've all wished for so dearly. Even after just 10 minutes it was chugging like always while under-utilising my CPU and GPU. It's probably more of a bandaid solution to potentially delay or hide the worst shortcomings of the engine, such as crashes. They were always fairly rare for me though.

But hey, the menu is smooth now! And I didn't pay for it.

But seriously, I would totally pitch in for a crowdfunded or 'Remastered' version to improve responsiveness in the bottlenecked parts of the game, such as particle effects (smoke/fire) and late-game in team matches. The fact that no matter what CPU you buy 7 years later, it never fully utilises a single core still hurts. That kind of engine development is probably 'new game release' money only though.

But it's not an engine overhaul. It's an engine update. 4v4, unless some major overhaul happen, will never run smoothly. It's just too big of a game mode with lots and lots of calculations that have to be made. I'm only interested in the final update, to see how the 64 bit engine handles stuff.
21 Sep 2020, 09:09 AM

Only needs 3d-modeling mod support now
22 Sep 2020, 11:11 AM

This is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
22 Sep 2020, 16:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is there some kind of changelog of the beta? And will it have itterations in the future?
22 Sep 2020, 23:32 PM

Maybe, if this version makes optimization much better, it's time to think about reintroduction of blizzard technology?

LOL.Maybe it will bring new breath for game. Relic pls consider this.
24 Sep 2020, 12:17 PM

Can anyone write down all the benefits that we will receive from this 64bit upgrade! I am pretty excited tho. I want to know more like more CPU core usage, more ram efficiency and all that.
24 Sep 2020, 12:51 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 12:17 PMSumi
Can anyone write down all the benefits that we will receive from this 64bit upgrade! I am pretty excited tho. I want to know more like more CPU core usage, more ram efficiency and all that.

I have no exact numbers but:

- you get more fps
- you can play some games even on 4vs4 snow maps WITHOUT restarting after each game.
--> less bugsplits

24 Sep 2020, 22:18 PM

Less bugsplats. :guyokay: Does that mean restart every 2nd game now and reinstall every 10 games? :luvDerp:
26 Sep 2020, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 22:18 PMDuffman
Less bugsplats. :guyokay: Does that mean restart every 2nd game now and reinstall every 10 games? :luvDerp:

my wet dream... :blush:
2 Oct 2020, 13:42 PM

So any news on planned release for this?

Cant wait! :D
3 Oct 2020, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2020, 22:18 PMDuffman

I think this is your pc problem.
i never had bug splats if i dont push my overclocks too much.
3 Oct 2020, 12:23 PM

I think this is your pc problem.
i never had bug splats if i dont push my overclocks too much.

I wish not overclocking would make the game use less ram. :foreveralone:

3 Oct 2020, 15:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is there any chance to have some technical small adjustments like adding animations to infantry models? There is some issues with them:
1. Consripts don't have proper animation for throwing satchel (happened when merged with Penals).
2. Ost Sappers don't have proper animation for throwing satchel (have it in doctrines).
3. USF CavRifles don't have proper animation for throwing AT satchel.
4. Soviet Paratroopers do not have animation for paradroping. This fix will allow to implement them as was designed (insted of 6-man infiltration squad)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %