Login

russian armor

More Ideas about the Universal Carrier

1 Sep 2020, 20:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How often do you garrison the universal carrier? This this slight adjustment, an garrisoned squad will manned the Vicker's K Light Machine gun with out the upgrade. Is this useful, probably not. But, this could change the dynamic of the unit to out right removal of the pintle upgrade. This could be applied to other units such as the 251. If applied to a unit with 'holds' instead of 'crews' such as the M3 Halftrack, which has 5 'hold' spots, All spots will be filled with men while the gunner can appear as free 6th man.

If anyone wants to test this out, it again can be seen in my mod.
1 Sep 2020, 20:59 PM

Looks nice.

(I had made a similar suggestion for the WC51)
2 Sep 2020, 03:13 AM

I like it
2 Sep 2020, 06:16 AM

Would require a price increase of the unit then, as it would give it a T0 vickers MG for free.
2 Sep 2020, 06:34 AM

Would require a price increase of the unit then, as it would give it a T0 vickers MG for free.

Wrong, you will need an extra squad of any kind to get that vickers, which is 180 manpower minimum if you pick the medic (+ the income loss over time).

But it's kinda hard to determine the possible impact of this change, I mean one could chose to put a wounded squad into the carrier instead of retreating and probably come out with better results.
2 Sep 2020, 07:21 AM

Wrong, you will need an extra squad of any kind to get that vickers, which is 180 manpower minimum if you pick the medic (+ the income loss over time).

It is not like the squad will be gone forever.
Putting a unit into the UC is not an investment, unlike a ammo costing upgrade.

- Enter the UC with one squad

- Mow down the enemy

- Make the squad leave the UC

- Let the squad capture the point , while your UC chases after the retreating units

2 Sep 2020, 07:38 AM

Maybe the UC could apply the squad's 'cover bonus' if they're nearby, to encourage dismounting in the early game?
2 Sep 2020, 12:48 PM

I only used manned UC to transport troops under MG42s fire in very early game.

I like the OP idea
2 Sep 2020, 12:49 PM

Maybe the UC could apply the squad's 'cover bonus' if they're nearby, to encourage dismounting in the early game?

I would really love to see more UC+IS combination rather than IS+sandbag.

It raises the skill level and justifies the IS power level. This could mean a slight IS buff too.
5 Sep 2020, 01:03 AM

This is a cool idea, and it's fun that the mechanic would be reminiscent of CoH1 British officers.
5 Sep 2020, 02:03 AM

How about a medic carrier update that give it healing like an ambulance. I will take that over current medic squad.
5 Sep 2020, 02:11 AM

An aura can be add to uc. But should it be passive or timer ?
5 Sep 2020, 18:17 PM

This is a cool idea, and it's fun that the mechanic would be reminiscent of CoH1 British officers.

Hell, dont give me PTSD. That Brit officer system was one of the biggest design Fubars in CoH history :D

It should be an ability that it selects a single squad to apply the bonus to (with an appropriate stats boost compensation for not being an aura)B-)
5 Sep 2020, 20:06 PM

i like the concept of the light vhiecles that have, or can upgrade to a HMG, can be activated or improved by putting a squad in it.

UC vickers upgrade is a touch too powerful as it is, putting a unit inside to activate it sounds good, put a sapper in there and roam around, take dmg, run and fix, rinse and repeat.

same for wc51

halftracks can get improved HMG performance if unit is inside

m3 clowncar,m5 assault thingamajig and 250 halftrack stay as they are imo
6 Sep 2020, 23:32 PM

Just allow the unit to be garrisoned if upgrading to the Vickers (but not the WASP flamethrower).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★