Login

russian armor

Is the following blobbing?

29 Jul 2020, 20:16 PM

I'm rank 60 something (lvl 17) and as USF I have got about 6 control groups.
1) rifles + captain (only bars)
2) Echelons [+ maybe ranger] (only zooks)
3) tanks (pershing or E8 or M4)
4) Jacksons
5) paks how
6) maybe AA HT if it survives rigels and raketen (or AT gun, depending on enemy lineup)

And as I play 3 rifles into captain build on USF I have all those 4 units on my bind 1.
Now, I never send them in as a literal blob. I usually send them in and using TAB, I cycle and send them to different points/buildings/abilities/covers. Is this considered a blob? They are not clumped up, neither do they focus down one target at a time (if possible I try to focus only one target to make it retreat, rahter then spread out the DPS). Is this still considered blobbing? The spread-outness results in me never having to retreat everyone and lose map control but I do attack or flank -- in waves. Is that blobbing?
29 Jul 2020, 20:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People will consider 2 units a blob and 1 unit spam.

Let them be. If it works for you, it's fine.
29 Jul 2020, 20:38 PM

I get often get called a blobber when I move 2 MGs and 2 Grens into enemy space. 4 units close to each other is enough to enrage anyone. Just don't listen at the empty taunts.
29 Jul 2020, 20:42 PM

Blobbing is whatever you do that defeats your opponent.
29 Jul 2020, 20:57 PM

Typically blobbing is just selecting all your infantry units and issuing one move order. Personally if I were to define it, I would say 4+ units in a group qualifies as a blob.
29 Jul 2020, 22:21 PM

Typically blobbing is just selecting all your infantry units and issuing one move order. Personally if I were to define it, I would say 4+ units in a group qualifies as a blob.

That's HC blobbing. Well, thanks for the replies. Salty people will be salty no matter how you play.
30 Jul 2020, 14:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's HC blobbing. Well, thanks for the replies. Salty people will be salty no matter how you play.

Check my signature.

Replace some words by lag, blobbing, abusing, meta and tryhard.
30 Jul 2020, 17:19 PM

Blobbing is Relics fault not your opponent's. They're the ones who decided to make new factions that are carried by their mainline infantry instead of actual combined arms like the Eastern factions originally were
31 Jul 2020, 13:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

For me, it mostly comes down to control of the units. Are they taking time to micro individual units into cover? The more units the less control.

For bazookas and shrecks, this mostly comes down to how, in my opinion, medium tanks are generally unreliable. They hope for that one good shot to do damage in most cases. The is why in my recent mode they are made more reliable against units in open fields while removing the one shot wonders. Right now a unit in the open field could take over a dozen shots while a unit who clumped up, not necessarily the fault of the player but of the map, could lose the entire squad.

For vehicles, again it is about control. The slight adjustments to keep them from running into each other while focusing down a priority target.

Indirect fire, again positioning. Having them stacked up on each other is not good. It eliminates the vantages of having say 2 mortars over one. Attack moving to a location may be a good indication of good control. When not firing it moves, avoiding an easy counter barrage.

31 Jul 2020, 18:18 PM

Blobbing is 3+ units not microed individually, atleast for me.

The thing is, sometimes you just have to blob or it simply is the best option at that moment.
You wont break a defensive line, or even single squads camping in green by flanking with a single squad.

And as someone who plays with well known blob abuser like Seeking, i can tell you even Blobber complain about blobbs... only the opponent ones of course :)

Just ignore the salt and play what and how you want to play
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS