Login

russian armor

Mobilize Reserves idea

23 Jul 2020, 03:16 AM

What if the Mobilize Reserves upgrade for the Soviets decreased the cost of T4 the same amount?

If that's too much, its research time could be increased, maybe to 35s (currently only 25s).

The upgrade seems pretty off-meta: slowing down your T-70 is bad, and paying for something that you're about to receive for free feels bad. This change keeps the original intent of not giving the soviets a power spike at the same moment the T-70 is available. However, this change might make the T-70 skippable sometimes. Maybe your improved infantry could hold out until T4 if it arrived sooner. I don't think this change would have a real impact on the faction's overall power, but might allow a niche approach to be taken more often.
23 Jul 2020, 03:40 AM

The idea of the upgrade is that it comes at t4. The t3 price is an opportunity cost. Purchasing it sooner is a choice and should not be discounted. If one is worried about it delaying the T70 but find it comes too late they could purchase it post T70 however it should not discount the final tech as it adds flexibility and risk weighing. Choices like this are good and should be encouraged not made inconsequential and streamlined.
23 Jul 2020, 04:53 AM

There is basically zero benefit to getting the mobilised reserves "upgrade".
23 Jul 2020, 12:48 PM

I don't even think it should be in T3 at all. Just leave it passive in T4 and that's it. No one ever gets it at T3 timing.
23 Jul 2020, 12:50 PM

I don't even think it should be in T3 at all. Just leave it passive in T4 and that's it. No one ever gets it at T3 timing.

It was requested although with current changes to doctrinal vehicles there is little reason not to built a T4.
23 Jul 2020, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 12:50 PMVipper

It was requested although with current changes to doctrinal vehicles there is little reason not to built a T4.

There would be a reason to stay on T3 if any units, rather than T-70, in T3 would be better than just "Nice, but not good for mah META build."
Like Su-76 being somehow tweaked to be more useful but still have the same punch and health+armour.
Like with M5 to be tweaked to be more than just a costly AA platform for 3v3-4v4. No idea, how tho.
Like if T-70 was finally somehow nerfed, at least very slightly. Like speed decreased and a bit firing speed reduction.

Only then there would be reason to buy the Reserves and not get T4 and get it automatically for free.
23 Jul 2020, 13:17 PM

There would be a reason to stay on T3 if any units, rather than T-70, in T3 would be better than just "Nice, but not good for mah META build."
Like Su-76 being somehow tweaked to be more useful but still have the same punch and health+armour.
Like with M5 to be tweaked to be more than just a costly AA platform for 3v3-4v4. No idea, how tho.
Like if T-70 was finally somehow nerfed, at least very slightly. Like speed decreased and a bit firing speed reduction.

Only then there would be reason to buy the Reserves and not get T4 and get it automatically for free.

I would try to make some specialized vehicles available without tech. For instance the KV-8 (Hetzer, OKW ostwind, Dozer) so that one can form a strategy around these units.

Some of them would need to be redesigned and some commander changed but imo it could work.
23 Jul 2020, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 13:17 PMVipper

I would try to make some specialized vehicles available without tech. For instance the KV-8 (Hetzer, OKW ostwind, Dozer) so that one can form a strategy around these units.

Some of them would need to be redesigned and some commander changed but imo it could work.

That will only work if it accompanies any changes towards the units in T3, because, otherwise, it would just look like trying to fill more space for the Soviet HQ.
23 Jul 2020, 18:12 PM

Soviet t3 isn't really lacking tbh as the su76 is a decent enough td and will perform well against Ostheer unless they go heavy Armour. Soviet t4 is just much more rounded. If there was reason to linger in t3 such as an economic benifit with a shock kv-8 it could see some work I think.
23 Jul 2020, 23:45 PM

I'd like to see the SU-76 get +30 damage at Vet 2 for a total of 160, the standard. It'd still start out weaker but if you stick with it it'll be better off.
24 Jul 2020, 00:45 AM

what if mobilize reserves goes to T2? Is it too soon?
24 Jul 2020, 01:37 AM

what if mobilize reserves goes to T2? Is it too soon?

i think it would be too soon, unless you gated the other bonuses behind t3. get the extra man but not the mp savings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
unknown 20
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak