22 Jul 2020, 02:35 AM

because its a cancerous game
+
name one "competetive" multiplayer game which isnt toxic
("" because coh is not competetive)
22 Jul 2020, 02:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 02:20 AMLSDuffy
Why is there so much toxicity in Coh2?

Game is asymmetric by design, so the inherent inequality among the different factions makes it difficult for opposite viewpoints to arrive at a mutual set of standards for discussion and judgement.

Add on top of that the axis vs allies theme of the game and it's historical implications and you have a recipe for conflict.
22 Jul 2020, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 02:38 AMsrider

Add on top of that the axis vs allies theme of the game and it's historical implications and you have a recipe for conflict.

if you have two 70 iqs argue about the game, that might be the case
22 Jul 2020, 03:28 AM

I think it arises from a lack of communication, which in turn leads to shit half orders and frustration. I would ask relic to put voice chat into the game.I actually believe it might relieve some of the vexation.
22 Jul 2020, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 03:28 AMLSDuffy
I think it arises from a lack of communication, which in turn leads to shit half orders and frustration. I would ask relic to put voice chat into the game.I actually believe it might relieve some of the vexation.

yes, Valve approves. Was the recipe for success for Counter Strike and Dota, why shouldnt it work for CoH..
22 Jul 2020, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 03:31 AMBaba

yes, Valve approves. Was the recipe for success for Counter Strike and Dota, why shouldnt it work for CoH..

What made CS terrible was not toxic communication, it was blatantly obvious cheating coupled with skin gambling.
22 Jul 2020, 06:07 AM

because this game has too steep of a learning curve. Things are not how we know as they are in reality so people get frustrated.

or
they're just immature/degenerate/low class. Also alot of vet players are extremely rude and will just say L2P. Everyone knows that this response is considered very rude to say to a stranger.

and this game needs more freaking resources. The money available to build infantry and vehicles is too low so losing anything is extremely aggravating. Sometimes you just can't control it because there are alot of RNG, bugs, lag, too many things happening at once, WHATEVER. So you cannot micro 100% all the time cause things will happen. Sightblocker for instance, or a t34 ram into anti tank overwatch. How broken is that shit? It's so easy to ram a heavy with a t34 then you can't escape the arty zone.

There will always be rage in this game due to too little economy. I think I'm done with this game.

I quit CS due to immature pothead basement dwelling fat white trash losers that play. I got up to MG from basically just starting the game. Then I get teamed with trolls. Why do you play ranked if you're not trying to win? They kept making fun of me cause I was trying to play seriously. They also do stupid shit like gang kicking players. Oh and Rainbow 6 they will trick you into spelling dabbing backwards to get u suspended.
22 Jul 2020, 06:08 AM

I can't say someone like enpire erwinrommel wouldn't had some affect back in the day as well. Also rts can get taxing on patience with sometimes hour long matches and get on nerves with that.
22 Jul 2020, 07:14 AM

It's always been a tad strange to me when threads like these surface. Don't take this wrong, but I will be frank and say it leads me to want to question OP's intent.

Is the answer that hard to figure out? It's a competitive game, and it requires a lot of focus. Of course people get invested and end up being emotional, which can often players getting frustrated with each other.

Why ask this in a thread? Are you assuming everyone here are the source of the toxicity? Do you think people would change because they saw this call out? If anything, this thread would achieve more in spreading negativity to those on here, as the most they'd pick up out of this would be implication that toxicity is a norm on here.
22 Jul 2020, 07:31 AM

It's always been a tad strange to me when threads like these surface. Don't take this wrong, but I will be frank and say it leads me to want to question OP's intent.

Is the answer that hard to figure out? It's a competitive game, and it requires a lot of focus. Of course people get invested and end up being emotional, which can often players getting frustrated with each other.

Why ask this in a thread? Are you assuming everyone here are the source of the toxicity? Do you think people would change because they saw this call out? If anything, this thread would achieve more in spreading negativity to those on here, as the most they'd pick up out of this would be implication that toxicity is a norm on here.

It's a game. People come to the game to throw out their negative feelings here and not on the people who are next to him, or relax, there are people who enjoy the negative and start writing nonsense so that people would start writing nonsense in response. As you pointed out, this is a competitive game and people want to win, so they start showing emotion when something goes wrong or as they think it is. I think the most correct thing is to ignore the chat, it would also be nice to be able to turn off the chat.
22 Jul 2020, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 02:20 AMLSDuffy
Why is there so much toxicity in Coh2?

First online PvP game you've played?
22 Jul 2020, 08:48 AM

Toxicity is not too bad but the game lacks tools to control the flow of vermins.

The game's community has also too many self-entitled entities who believe they are better than others. High nosed twats who love to ruin all for everyone. There is no way to manage, regulate or ignore them. And they are going to abuse that. Let's hope the next big game from relic stops that.

Edit: Let's not turn this thread into an example of toxicity.
22 Jul 2020, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 03:28 AMBaba

if you have two 70 iqs argue about the game, that might be the case

youre being toxic for no solid reason
22 Jul 2020, 10:36 AM

youre being toxic for no solid reason

why?
if i have someone infront of me whos mad at me because he gets triggered by actual world conflicts being depicted in a historical video game, i must consider him stupid to the point of being retarded

im not sure if i get the point across accordingly, but people of intellect will understand
22 Jul 2020, 10:38 AM

What made CS terrible was not toxic communication, it was blatantly obvious cheating coupled with skin gambling.

yes, the "cyka blyat rush b" meme is there for no reason.
competetive csgo games consist of people trolling, griefing, leaving or straight out shout into their headsets until you mute them. this goes all the way from silver to supreme, been there done that
22 Jul 2020, 11:13 AM

because this game has too steep of a learning curve. Things are not how we know as they are in reality so people get frustrated.

I don't think the learning curve is what cause frustration. I have played and watched the game for years, I know how things work. Its also not a balance issue. I can be winning easily and the game will still enrage me.

The frustration comes from all the bullshit mechanics that still litter the game. Granted the balance team have removed or toned down much of the broken shit, but there is still an enormous amount of extremely frustrating mechanics left in the game, mainly because they tried to make every mechanic/ability/unit viable. The result is a game that is full of numerous little annoyances that aren't OP but just continuously detract from the game experience overall.Add in lag, faust bugs, no grenade warnings, stupid pathing bugs, shit maps, uneven matchmaking and every game is just a total headfuck. Unfortunately, and it is to the detriment of the fanbase, these elements ( Cancers ) are not going to be removed.
22 Jul 2020, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 10:38 AMBaba

yes, the "cyka blyat rush b" meme is there for no reason.
competetive csgo games consist of people trolling, griefing, leaving or straight out shout into their headsets until you mute them. this goes all the way from silver to supreme, been there done that

There were toxic players in 1.6 and Source. The community servers that were present in those games are not as strong in CS Go.

Back in those days, you found a well run community server, and if any jerk was talking a bunch of crap, the admin simply muted him or he was kicked/banned.

In CS Go competitive, if one guy is being an ass, 4 of the 5 have to agree to kick him....which rarely happens because no one wants to go 4v5, lose, and lose their rank.

I mute guys that are toxic, and report griefers/cheaters when I see them...the difference is that I'll report a cheater even if they are on my team.
22 Jul 2020, 12:08 PM

It's just the nature of the beast that is online gaming.
22 Jul 2020, 12:10 PM

There were toxic players in 1.6 and Source. The community servers that were present in those games are not as strong in CS Go.

Back in those days, you found a well run community server, and if any jerk was talking a bunch of crap, the admin simply muted him or he was kicked/banned.

In CS Go competitive, if one guy is being an ass, 4 of the 5 have to agree to kick him....which rarely happens because no one wants to go 4v5, lose, and lose their rank.

I mute guys that are toxic, and report griefers/cheaters when I see them...the difference is that I'll report a cheater even if they are on my team.

so toxicity on csgo communication is a thing :D
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight