Login

russian armor

Toxic

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
22 Jul 2020, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 12:10 PMBaba

so toxicity on csgo communication is a thing :D

It's been a thing all the way back in 1.6 days. But it's not what makes the game terrible.

There is toxic communications in many online games. It doesn't make them terrible.

If I had the choice between eliminating cheaters/griefers/smurfs from Counter-Strike and removing toxic communication, I would gladly remove cheaters in less than a blink of an eye.

1 out of every 5 games you either get a blatant aimbot/wall cheater, or you get a guy that clearly has deranked purposefully and is carrying his team by 40 bombing and only dying 6 times.

That, as well as making Counter-Strike F2P, has killed the game.
22 Jul 2020, 12:49 PM

you kinda moved away from the idea i was responding to: introducing a voice chat xD
22 Jul 2020, 12:57 PM

1) Cause its a game

2) Its played by humans
22 Jul 2020, 13:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 02:38 AMsrider

Game is asymmetric by design, so the inherent inequality among the different factions makes it difficult for opposite viewpoints to arrive at a mutual set of standards for discussion and judgement.

Add on top of that the axis vs allies theme of the game and it's historical implications and you have a recipe for conflict.

1) Cause its a game

2) Its played by humans

These and i'll add some more points.

People nowadays can't differentiate between toxic, trolling and griefing. Combined that we live in a snowflake society. There's no such thing as criticism allowed and every type of response is "totally" charged with ill intent.

22 Jul 2020, 14:42 PM

the most toxic thing in CoH i see from time to time is the winning team shittalking the loser for no reason
adding insult to injury while and after roflstomping some clearly inferior players

other than that.. im sometimes get pretty salty when my underachieving teammate starts telling me what to do
24 Jul 2020, 12:25 PM

Might just be because you cannot mute it, coupled with the frustrating mechanics.
24 Jul 2020, 13:37 PM

I would ask relic to put voice chat into the game

People are mad when someone calls them 'gay' in text chat, voice chat will just bring the toxicity on new level.
And the overall reason is typical not only for online games, I mean people are toxic IRL too, but at least try to keep that shit to themselves for different reasons. It is temperamental nature of a human being.
24 Jul 2020, 18:14 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Can we not steer this topic in that direction please? I get this is a joke but I don't want anyone getting on that train and have some sort of circlejerk discussion about political things
24 Jul 2020, 18:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Fichten beating me to all sorts of mod things recently. No politics.
24 Jul 2020, 21:19 PM

People are toxic because they are anonymous online. Most of the people fall in the category of "mundane" and as such exploit the anonymity to expel the frustrations out.
25 Jul 2020, 08:04 AM

People are toxic because they are anonymous online. Most of the people fall in the category of "mundane" and as such exploit the anonymity to expel the frustrations out.

That's why we should take all the online voice chat and typed chat wich is negative or trolling with a grain of salt.

They are not in your face, they cant get fysical, its mostly just venting frustration.

People take chat in games way to seriously. As if it hurts them fysicly when some1 calls them names. People being soft is the issue. They need to listen and learn from this old saying: sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Only outright threats or racism and calls for violence should be flagged and adressed. Not every mean or trolling thing said is toxic. This toxic stuff also blows everything way and away out of preportion.
25 Jul 2020, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2020, 12:49 PMBaba
you kinda moved away from the idea i was responding to: introducing a voice chat xD

If there was a voice chat in CoH then the first thing I would do in EVERY game was to mute every player.

CoH could need better better options to communicate but not with voice. I'd rather like to see a drawable map
25 Jul 2020, 13:10 PM

If there was a voice chat in CoH then the first thing I would do in EVERY game was to mute every player.

CoH could need better better options to communicate but not with voice. I'd rather like to see a drawable map

i dont know if you just randomly picked this comment of mine to respond, but if you read the whole thing you will see i spoke out against a voicechat

but no, i dont think i would want to draw on a map while grenades and other types of shells are wiping my units the moment i look away
25 Jul 2020, 15:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's why we should take all the online voice chat and typed chat wich is negative or trolling with a grain of salt.

They are not in your face, they cant get fysical, its mostly just venting frustration.

People take chat in games way to seriously. As if it hurts them fysicly when some1 calls them names. People being soft is the issue. They need to listen and learn from this old saying: sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Only outright threats or racism and calls for violence should be flagged and adressed. Not every mean or trolling thing said is toxic. This toxic stuff also blows everything way and away out of preportion.

While i think in the same way, you have to realise not everyone else is in the same position or have the mental strength to ignore it or deflect it.
Stick and stones can make superficial wounds. Words can leave invisible scars.

As far as punishments and sanctions goes, the problem is that the game doesn't have an effective way to report them nor act proportionally to the offense.

Minor toxicity should just be met with a mute/chat ban. Bigger threats as the one you mentioned should be the ones punished with bans.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2020, 13:10 PMBaba

i dont know if you just randomly picked this comment of mine to respond, but if you read the whole thing you will see i spoke out against a voicechat

but no, i dont think i would want to draw on a map while grenades and other types of shells are wiping my units the moment i look away

What the game needs is a better ping system.

What i envision is a simple and a extended ping wheel system.
For fast commands, single click is the current ping. While click n drag should allow for a cross pad panel which adds danger, retreat, attack/defend (based on territory ownership), mine/explosive (?).

on another button would be a triangle based system which lets you ping infantry/support weapon/vehicles which if dragged expands into more specific ones. Say sniper/blob, mg/at gun/mortar/howitzer, LV/Medium/heavy/TD/Arty
25 Jul 2020, 16:40 PM

What killed CSGO:

1) Smurfing. I already hear you say: "But it's not cheating." In my opinion it actually is. You are tricking the ELO system to seal club worse players. And having a smurf in literally every game is what killed CSGO for me. Free to play mechanics was just the nail in the coffin.

2) Russians. I mean it. While every other player made an attempt at speaking English, these guys were special and expected you to speak Russian. No teamplay involved.

What makes Coh2 toxic:

1) Weird matchmaking. Smurfing plays in there aswell. But nothing is more frustrating than getting matched versus an arranged team and having a noob as a teammate. And this happens quite often. Only way to circumvent this is canceling the game search every 2 minutes. But evne then you will get matched versus teams. Quite an unfair advantage. Biggest issue in teamgames imo.

2) Assymetric balance and according cheese mechanics. The game has quite some double standards favouring some factions. Brits as a whole come to mind.
25 Jul 2020, 17:25 PM

While i think in the same way, you have to realise not everyone else is in the same position or have the mental strength to ignore it or deflect it.
Stick and stones can make superficial wounds. Words can leave invisible scars.

As far as punishments and sanctions goes, the problem is that the game doesn't have an effective way to report them nor act proportionally to the offense.

Minor toxicity should just be met with a mute/chat ban. Bigger threats as the one you mentioned should be the ones punished with bans.

I also get what your saying. Those who actualy lack the mental capacity are imo few. They also dont complain as much i feel. The tend to full nuclear on chat as well.

The vast majority of people who complain about mean words online have lived in fairy land and got treated with kid gloves, noone ever said anything mean to them or critisized them. Becoming highly entitled and offended by everything. This happend accros the west unfortunatly. This has to stop.

I dont want rules and certain words getting you banned out of the bleu. Giving in to the complainers just makes them demand more of the same.
25 Jul 2020, 18:08 PM

As an example of rage inducing moments- Because some people still think that KT is a viable option when the field has 4-1 armor disadvantage or even in general vs decent+ opponents.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 17
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %