Login

russian armor

USF Quality of Life base change

27 Jun 2020, 12:20 PM

Will there ever be a change to the USF base design? The pathfinding is horrible within the base when choosing the upgrade or just plain leaving the HQ. Another thing is if you retreat 2 (or God forbid more) units that are in close vicinity of one another when the retreat has been pressed, they will reach the base and just clump up on one-another, getting stuck in a static retreat for 2-5 seconds. Also on smaller team maps, the Axis LeHF arty can reach the base and you can't really spread out your units to avoid wipes since it's dense and cluttered, and if you do spread out you can't reinforce since the radius is quite low. A simple quality of life change for USF by opening up the base more or complete overhaul.
27 Jun 2020, 12:27 PM

Some modders have done this; if I knew how I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to use Worldbuilder and get the rotation degrees correct, so I've never tried to re-do the US base. I agree it should be changed.
27 Jun 2020, 12:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

SneakEye already made a wonderful mod, based on old Mr.Someguy concept

Suddenly, it wasn't added to the game

The original concept is made by Mr. Someguy back in 2015.

It was a shame not to use his beautiful design, so I created the new base in a tuning pack!

Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1807099413
27 Jun 2020, 12:32 PM

Relic said no

maybe they were worried about it effecting the single player
27 Jun 2020, 14:52 PM

Maybe someone can ask them... again? :D
28 Jun 2020, 01:32 AM

SneakEye already made a wonderful mod, based on old Mr.Someguy concept

Suddenly, it wasn't added to the game

I may be a bit bias, but I still fully support this being added to the game. It's greatly simplified, unique, and provides a little cove for the ambulance to hide in so it isn't as vulnerable to base inspections or the one-in-one-thousand stray shot hitting it from the battlefield.
28 Jun 2020, 02:02 AM

The sneakeye/mr someguy version is 100X better than whats currently in the game. If there's some technical reason it can't be used I get it, but if there isn't they should swap em. The default base is terrible
28 Jun 2020, 06:47 AM

Without a doubt this should be implemented but for some reason they would probably not do it because it would effect balance in 4v4 or something. Even though I don't see how this isn't a good thing universally.
28 Jun 2020, 09:23 AM

And it's balanced for some smaller 3v3 maps to shell the USF base constantly and you can't reinforce your units cause if you get close to base, they clump up and get wiped... and the pathfinding inside/along the margins of the base.... It's not seldom for my units to go all around the base to pick up weapons that are right in front of them. All those tiny inconveniences add up in one 30+ minute game. Brick by brick and you have a palace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L