Login

russian armor

The problem with raketen

26 Jun 2020, 19:54 PM

It´s just too much power.

While you are fighting the best infantry in the game, you also have to fight the raketen.

It´s just too much power for a faction to have.
26 Jun 2020, 20:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So your suggestion is? and why?
26 Jun 2020, 20:11 PM

So your suggestion is? and why?

thats basically what i wrote, why did you invis it?
26 Jun 2020, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 20:08 PMBaba

good idea

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 20:11 PMBaba

thats basically what i wrote, why did you invis it?

Because your post is very much not asking for suggestions or why he thinks that.
26 Jun 2020, 20:19 PM

Well, i was using sarcasm to show that he didnt make a point in his initial statement.

furthermore i think that his statement of OKW having the best infantry in the game is questionable.

Raketen ist ok. everything around it seems to heavily rely on RNG but a solid unit.

Thread seems pretty pointless to me. Probably just lost a game against OKW and wanted to let off some steam. usual .org business
26 Jun 2020, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 20:19 PMBaba
Well, i was using sarcasm to show that he didnt make a point in his initial statement.

furthermore i think that his statement of OKW having the best infantry in the game is questionable.

Raketen ist ok. everything around it seems to heavily rely on RNG but a solid unit.

Thread seems pretty pointless to me. Probably just lost a game against OKW and wanted to let off some steam. usual .org business

I agree with the idea that the thread is poorly started. But the idea of jumping on the bandwagon and just making the thread a complete dumpster fire as opposed to attemping to salvage it is a bad direction. And now we have a bit of a conversation about the raketen and OKW. :) Thread saved.
27 Jun 2020, 04:39 AM

I'm fully aware that raketen is both, a must have for okw early game but also a risky move, because once revealed, the allied player can simply choose not to cheese with early lv bullying and pick another infantry squad for an almost 2 squad advantage, depending on the allied faction.

Okw have the spio squad to mitigate the missing raketen but it's pretty lackluster in AT performance.

I'd say that a raketen nerf will force a sturmpio buff.
Also I would say that raketen towards late game are less potent, specially when compared to allied ATG.
27 Jun 2020, 06:39 AM

While you are fighting the best infantry in the game, you also have to fight the raketen.

I don't think okw has the best infantry and the rak isn't exactly OP either. I think it's a little cheesy at worst, mostly just cause it can retreat

It shouldn't get a direct nerf imo, I think a survivability buff and removing retreat would be worth a try. It's been getting shifted more and more towards a normal AT gun
27 Jun 2020, 09:22 AM

If you nerf the raketten VG´s really should get faust from the get go
27 Jun 2020, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Many have already suggested: make the crew RA from 1 to 1.25. This will make them have the same effective HP to small arms damage as the 4 man crews of other at gun crews but still be just as resistant to explosive damage which was what the rak crew struggled with when they only had 4 men.
27 Jun 2020, 20:11 PM

Explain me please, why to afraid a thing that plows the ground with 4 of 5 its shots anyway? You bring it to fight vs UC and clowncar - it fails. You keep it alive 'till tanks come and then it dies under rocket arty fire. And if you're lucky to face the tanks - two T34 oneshots it face-to-face by the moment raken just trying to aim. Okay, somebody will say "pakwall". OK, but how did you allow an enemy to get raken blob? Cause enough bleed to them and problem solved.
29 Jun 2020, 01:31 AM

Many have already suggested: make the crew RA from 1 to 1.25. This will make them have the same effective HP to small arms damage as the 4 man crews of other at gun crews but still be just as resistant to explosive damage which was what the rak crew struggled with when they only had 4 men.
so trash vs inf and tanks, well fair i mean okw is supposed to be the punching bag of the forum, infective units are their stuff
29 Jun 2020, 04:17 AM

I'm fully aware that raketen is both, a must have for okw early game but also a risky move, because once revealed, the allied player can simply choose not to cheese with early lv bullying and pick another infantry squad for an almost 2 squad advantage, depending on the allied faction.

Okw have the spio squad to mitigate the missing raketen but it's pretty lackluster in AT performance.

I'd say that a raketen nerf will force a sturmpio buff.
Also I would say that raketen towards late game are less potent, specially when compared to allied ATG.

Why would you build a Rak early with no LV on the field? Small arms can hold off until you can just build one reactively.

If you're really paranoid you could just go pfuss, but it's not like volk Faust timing is that late.
29 Jun 2020, 19:30 PM

Permanently Banned
People gotta stop exaggerating about how inaccurate the rak is. It's definitely slightly lacking in that regard, but it isn't far off from the other at guns.
29 Jun 2020, 22:48 PM

Why would you build a Rak early with no LV on the field? Small arms can hold off until you can just build one reactively.

A wounded squad of volks is susceptible to be wiped out by a clowncar for example. IIRC there are like 3 full minutes between scout car comes out and volks receive pfaust (in a typical 3 volks opening). Even if you dont lose the squad its forced to retreat as soon as the clowncar shows up. In order to contest early fuel or cutoff, a raketen is a must if SOV goes t1. At least from my experience

If you're really paranoid you could just go pfuss, but it's not like volk Faust timing is that late.

And no, its not paranoia, its precaution. There are plenty of 1v1 replays showing what im saying. But thanks if you did really cared about.

Nowdays i see a mixed probability of seeing SU going full conscripts vs volks as like as clowncars.
Teamgames are a completely different animal though.
29 Jun 2020, 23:04 PM

Mine baiting works better than a rak against clown car IMHO.

I know it's drastic and frankly off topic but what would reworking the clown car as more of a transport/ hospital type unit and removing the squads from firing in side thing? Give it the 251 garrisoned healing (no reinforcement) and cheapen it a bit so it becomes not only a fire support platform via the mgs but also a force multiplier and offer soviet some on field healing that isn't base medics. Would fit in well with the rest of soviet t1s aggressive nature while still forcing conscript support to keep things on the front. Hell it might even be worth sideteching for.

Gets rid of the entire flame car all in exploitive strat to boot
30 Jun 2020, 06:57 AM

1. USF AT gun is much better than rakten
2. volks aren't the best Infantry....or do you mean obers? a 8min arriving 360mp 4model squad? even IS can reach their performance with all upgrades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★