Login

russian armor

Did you know -allowincompatiblereplays existed?

26 Jun 2020, 08:05 AM

I just found out about this, although apparently it's a bit glitchy so may not work very well. I'd also assume it displays sync-error detected at all times.

Anyway, if you want to try watching a classic replay from an older game version then try adding '-allowincompatiblereplays' to your launch options on Steam.

It might work, it might not, but it's something I never knew existed.
26 Jun 2020, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do you also know a way to reverse that?
Because I did that about a year ago, and now everything is cluttered with bugged replays that I need to delete manually.

I also had the experience that yes, the error message is always displayed and even after minor patches, the game played out very differently. I remember watching a replay after a patch that did not address any of units that were used if I recall correctly. Yet in the replay, I saw the enemy MG42 mow down my full health Conscripts in a couple of seconds and other crazy shit.
26 Jun 2020, 08:57 AM

Haha, okay - that sounds broken!
26 Jun 2020, 10:08 AM

whats the point of watching a replay when it doesnt actually show the real game? cuz that's what's gonna happen if you play old replays on a new patch right?
26 Jun 2020, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 10:08 AMGiaA
whats the point of watching a replay when it doesnt actually show the real game? cuz that's what's gonna happen if you play old replays on a new patch right?

If its just map patch that still breaks the replays, it'll play normally.

Same if only units/factions that had no changes will be used.
26 Jun 2020, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

26 Jun 2020, 12:29 PM

acutally it's -allowIncompatibleReplays , the correct spelling with upper and lower case is important I think.

And yes it allows you to watch older replays but only if there was no BALANCE patch (---> unit stats or abilities got changed) in between. If there were only bugfix or map-patches between now and the time of the replay, there is a very good chance it will still work... and in the latter case, there should not be "sync error detected" displayed
26 Jun 2020, 12:32 PM

Because I did that about a year ago, and now everything is cluttered with bugged replays that I need to delete manually.

shouldnt it be fixed if you remove that term from the steam coh2 launch options again?
26 Jun 2020, 17:26 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I also had the experience that yes, the error message is always displayed and even after minor patches, the game played out very differently. I remember watching a replay after a patch that did not address any of units that were used if I recall correctly. Yet in the replay, I saw the enemy MG42 mow down my full health Conscripts in a couple of seconds and other crazy shit.

What do you mean reverse it? Like just removing the launch option?

EDIT: I just realized aerafield replied with the same response......
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★