Login

russian armor

Prevent ambulances from dying to stray shot

26 Jun 2020, 13:46 PM

and the OKW Opel ambulance has 240HP and enough armor to bounce a decent amount of small-arms fire because....?

Doctrinal goodie in a commander that isn't that good outside of city maps is fair I'd say. USF doesn't need to sacrifice powerful doctrinal (late game) tools for a forward ambulance. Besides that the higher health and armor are simply leftover characteristics from when it performed more like a half track, and could easily be brought down to Ambulance levels. Though I don't see the need for that.
26 Jun 2020, 14:39 PM

Doctrinal goodie in a commander that isn't that good outside of city maps is fair I'd say. USF doesn't need to sacrifice powerful doctrinal (late game) tools for a forward ambulance. Besides that the higher health and armor are simply leftover characteristics from when it performed more like a half track, and could easily be brought down to Ambulance levels. Though I don't see the need for that.

The OKW medtruck is an abomination that should have NEVER been implemented into the game. Even Relic knew giving OKW a mobile reinforce/heal platform is a bad idea. Not sure what the balance team was thinking when they did this. I have had several games of unparalled cancer when OKW players decided that blobbing 4 Volks around the heal truck and moving across the map is a good playstyle and I really don't know WHY this was ever implemented. It's unfortunate blobbing seems to be encouraged more and more by the balance changes.
26 Jun 2020, 14:39 PM

Even Relic knew giving OKW a mobile reinforce/heal platform is a bad idea.

Yeah but giving it to the OKW clone faction at stock T0 it totally fine.

LOLZ
26 Jun 2020, 14:51 PM

LOLZ

Didn't we just explain why the Opel Blitz is way better than the ambulance? There is no way you can use the ambulance at the 1st frontline like the Opel.
26 Jun 2020, 16:37 PM

LOLZ

I would be 100% ok with it IF the OKW truck had the same survivability as the USF ambulance and couldn't carry around troops on the battlefield.

I don't think having OKW drive two Volks onto your cut-off while being able to heal and reinforce them constantly is a good idea. And to make it worse it even has the aura boost of lower cooldown on abilities. It's just very bad design. I would like to have the entire Feuerstorm doctrine reworked anyway. It should be strong but not rely on cheese and cancer strats. Make the truck a clone of the USF ambulance or make it a mobile fuel cache.

It's fine with Soviets and Ostheer because of overall faction design but OKW shouldn't have this.

26 Jun 2020, 16:44 PM

I would be 100% ok with it IF the OKW truck had the same survivability as the USF ambulance and couldn't carry around troops on the battlefield.

I would be 100% ok with USF crew repairs if the faction didn’t have the best AT gun, best TD, best anti infantry medium and 0.75 moving accuracy on all armour.

Make the truck a clone of the USF ambulance.

And then put it as stock T0, yes I absolutely agree with you! That I support.
26 Jun 2020, 16:52 PM

I would be 100% ok with 5man grens if the faction didn’t have the best mg, best mortar, best anti infantry vehicles and T4 bonuses
26 Jun 2020, 17:11 PM

I would be 100% ok with 5man grens if the faction didn’t have the best mg, best mortar, best anti infantry vehicles and T4 bonuses

USF has the best offensive MG, best indirect fire weapon and platform, best anti infantry stock medium, not to mention the USF T4 bonus is a free unit with retreat point, recon, arty barrage and fake barrage, can pick up weapons from weapon rack and can lock down sectors in vet 3.
26 Jun 2020, 17:29 PM

I think a base sector bonus of 10-40ehp via damage reduction would be fair.

I'm curious what the issue was for implementing that. Shouldn't a req action be able to check if the unit is in a base sector? And if not, an HQ aura that only targets ambulances in base sectors would get around that limitation. I'm confident I could get it working.
26 Jun 2020, 20:25 PM

USF has the best offensive MG, best indirect fire weapon and platform, best anti infantry stock medium, not to mention the USF T4 bonus is a free unit with retreat point, recon, arty barrage and fake barrage, can pick up weapons from weapon rack and can lock down sectors in vet 3.
Wermaht has best early mortar, best defensive mg, best antinfantry assault gun, best "light" tank destroyer (stug) and best halftruck in Universe, best bunker lol
26 Jun 2020, 21:44 PM

I would be 100% ok with USF crew repairs if the faction didn’t have the best AT gun, best TD, best anti infantry medium and 0.75 moving accuracy on all armour.

Guess were just throwing the topic out the window here? I really don't get how a player of your quality makes a post like this

Your analogy to the us ambulance is crap and there's no way you don't know that. The ambo is way less mobile, more fragile, doesn't carry troops.... Do i need to go on? And now your talking about AT guns and the Jackson cuz... Why?

Give ambulance a hull down in base sector only. Gives it extra health, can't move in exchange. Either make it a permanent choice you have to make, or have a really long cooldown. Do you object?
27 Jun 2020, 04:27 AM

Wermahtch has... best antinfantry assault gun

Scott's are laughing their asses off rn.

They also have the best ostruppen and the best barbed wire and the best heavy ATG
27 Jun 2020, 07:01 AM

Scott's are laughing their asses off rn.

They also have the best ostruppen and the best barbed wire and the best heavy ATG

Wtf dude, Okw barbed wire is the best
27 Jun 2020, 12:36 PM

And then put it as stock T0, yes I absolutely agree with you! That I support.

Best AT gun? you know it needs to constantly expend munitions to get pen on Pak levels right? (BTW you guys forgot best sniper, wehr sniper)
27 Jun 2020, 13:03 PM

Are we really turning an ambulance too squishy thread into a faction dick measuring contest?
27 Jun 2020, 15:06 PM

Wtf dude, Okw barbed wire is the best

Of course not, it would be USF tank traps..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★