Login

russian armor

Comet

12 Jun 2020, 20:25 PM

I started playing brits.

The comet feels like what the tiger somewhat should be. It wipes infantry left and right, has overhelming speed and decent at capability and armor.

I dont know the numbers but this tank feels to be the most versitale tank in the game atm. Even though he is a stock unit.

Opinions?
12 Jun 2020, 20:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I like it till there are craters everywhere. Then the MG DPS goes out the window and the main gun is still inconsistant. Other than that though, it's fast, gets emergency war speed, insane armor. Good for the price, just wish it didn't inevitiably fall off.
12 Jun 2020, 20:28 PM

remember the comet spam times? i do
and i dont want them back
12 Jun 2020, 20:36 PM

remember the comet spam times? i do
and i dont want them back

Too bad for you, because that was tournament meta for brits since churchill was made prohibitively expensive with pop increase.
12 Jun 2020, 20:36 PM

I like it till there are craters everywhere. Then the MG DPS goes out the window and the main gun is still inconsistant. Other than that though, it's fast, gets emergency war speed, insane armor. Good for the price, just wish it didn't inevitiably fall off.

Even when there craters everywhere it has 2 great AI tools grenades and WP.
12 Jun 2020, 20:37 PM

Comet is fine as it is. If you have good RNG it wipes squads but that doesn't happen too often unless you leave your units AFK.

It is very good if you get it out relatively early and Axis invested into P4s. But don't forget it has medium tank range, relatively bad far range penetration and only 800HP and costs 175 fuel. Once Axis have Panthers, Tigers or Elefants the armour quickly becomes less meaningful and then the Comet becomes somewhat limited in what it can do.

It's one of the units the balance team did a good job on IMO. Nothing much to complain about.
12 Jun 2020, 20:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2020, 20:36 PMVipper

Even when there craters everywhere it has 2 great AI tools grenades and WP.
Yeah no. That's like saying inorder for my tank to kill infantry I need to drive into either snare range or schreck range. You use tanks to kite AT sources, neither of those are super great for that purpose.
12 Jun 2020, 20:47 PM

When the Churchill was OP, the Comet got Up to be more "attractive" without any result since the Churchill could survive anything. When the Churchill finaly got nerf, the Comet which was Up not because the unit wasn't effecient but because it got overshadowed by the Churchill became what you use now.
12 Jun 2020, 21:16 PM
Donator 22

nice to see a post from someone who is not complaining
12 Jun 2020, 21:17 PM

Yeah no. That's like saying inorder for my tank to kill infantry I need to drive into either snare range or schreck range. You use tanks to kite AT sources, neither of those are super great for that purpose.

Yeah grenades don't really count if you're playing above potato level but WP kinda nice. Wish it actually gave vet to the comet though.
12 Jun 2020, 21:20 PM

nice to see a post from someone who is not complaining

Well, its most expensive and therefore best generalist medium, so he isn't wrong, its just a matter if its worth to "you" to build it.

And don't worry, I'm sure someone will find it "problematic" sooner then later.
12 Jun 2020, 22:05 PM

from my expierence (2on2, ~100th) the british tank meta seems to be pretty healthy and versatile.

The only thing i would consider too strong would be the AVRE and maybe slighty too strong the churchill HP bar.
13 Jun 2020, 00:33 AM

The Comet is as perfectly balanced as it can be.
13 Jun 2020, 05:42 AM

Comet is really balanced right now, probaly one of the most balanced tanks right now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★