12%
10%
6%
6%
15%
Total votes: 108
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2020, 06:28 AM

this is a tread about the KT to see how people fell about this unit because its often regarded as a very underwhelming unit, so heres the tread GO CRAZY!
26 May 2020, 07:05 AM

There should be no nerfs or buffs for KT. After all the years of patching, it is good for its role.
26 May 2020, 07:32 AM

performance against infantry should be slightly increased
26 May 2020, 08:00 AM

Okw is now in bad spot ,stock heavy and nondoc rocket arty is not enough to fight properly against brits i think what Okw needs right now is.non doc ostwind or sturmtiger
26 May 2020, 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

KT is a good unit regarding its combat stats, it is just very gated behind all tech tiers and in my opinion tends to get hit by Allied TDs a bit too often due to its slow speed. It is relatively easy to lose it after a slight overextension.
However, coupled with an Elefant this duo is close to unbeatable.
26 May 2020, 08:56 AM

Vet 0 blitz/combat blitz/whatever it’s called.

Rest is fine, doesn’t need buffing.
26 May 2020, 09:19 AM

Vet 0 blitz/combat blitz/whatever it’s called.

Rest is fine, doesn’t need buffing.

Nah vet 0 blitz would mean people who overextend it by alot could get away with it. So, maybe at Vet2/3.

26 May 2020, 11:05 AM

Every Panzer IV does Anti infantry better than any Tiger or KT. The gun needs to pack a punch against infantry. Right now it is just a paperweight that wont get anywhere once 60 range td dominate any engagement.

We saw it fail miserably in the tournament (Helping Hans, Von Asten vs Thoton and that other TR guy). Simply because it was too slow and couldnt deflect hits. Sure the Axis tilted and had the KTs ass face the enemy. But still in the time it was on the field it would simply not deliver sufficient damage.
26 May 2020, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2020, 11:05 AMButcher
Every Panzer IV does Anti infantry better than any Tiger or KT. The gun needs to pack a punch against infantry. Right now it is just a paperweight that wont get anywhere once 60 range td dominate any engagement.

You aren't going to see a gun that 3 shots meds with 6 sec reload murder infantry as well.

We saw it fail miserably in the tournament (Helping Hans, Von Asten vs Thoton and that other TR guy). Simply because it was too slow and couldnt deflect hits. Sure the Axis tilted and had the KTs ass face the enemy. But still in the time it was on the field it would simply not deliver sufficient damage.

Yeah, very slow vehicle on a map where 70% of space is open with no place to hide, what could go wrong with a decision to get it out?
Also, in that situation the ONLY tank that could deliver any kind of damage would be KV-2.
26 May 2020, 11:47 AM

No it's fine as it is.

I have seen a lot of people try and use it like a Tiger I now that tiger stalling isn't worth while.
26 May 2020, 12:10 PM

One fair buff I can think of would be either slighty lowered price and/or upkeep
26 May 2020, 12:12 PM

One fair buff I can think of would be either slighty lowered price and/or upkeep

Comparing its stats to other heavies, it wouldn't really be fair to do it.
Tank itself is perfectly fine, it just doesn't suit current meta and open maps map pool.
26 May 2020, 12:13 PM

Since the heavy tank nerf, only Elephant/Jagtiger and ISU-152/Crocodile/KV-2 seems viable anyway. I don't think it is a problem focus on the KT.
26 May 2020, 12:46 PM

Since the heavy tank nerf, only Elephant/Jagtiger and ISU-152/Crocodile/KV-2 seems viable anyway. I don't think it is a problem focus on the KT.

KT didn't got a nerf.
Only Tiger, IS-2 and Pershing.
26 May 2020, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2020, 11:11 AMKatitof
You aren't going to see a gun that 3 shots meds with 6 sec reload murder infantry as well.

Except that it does have excellent anti-infantry. It reliably hits enemy squads for ~40% health every 1-2 shots, more when they are clumped, which is significantly better than the Panzer IV because it forces off squads faster and generally has a better chance to wipe squads. Spearhead gives even better AI because the hull gun will suppress. Add to that the highest AT DPM in the game (on paper even more than a vet 3 SU-85), a huge chunk of hitpoints and good frontal armor and great synergy with the Panzer Commander and HEAT Shells abilities.

The only real downsides of the Tiger II are that it's slow and that it's expensive and that its veterancy is still a bit of a mess, which means it's only good for dominating one part of the map and that it's hard to properly support it. But it is excellent at holding one portion of the map which makes it a good unit in teamgames. Combined with an Elefant or with a Jagdpanzer IV or two in support it becomes really tough to beat.
26 May 2020, 13:12 PM

increase its frontal armour
26 May 2020, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2020, 13:12 PMAlphrum
increase its frontal armour

Its current armor is why allied TDs have pen where it is.
26 May 2020, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2020, 12:46 PMKatitof

KT didn't got a nerf.
Only Tiger, IS-2 and Pershing.

KT wasn't part of the Heavy Meta and was already not relevant during it because KT never had the punch of those 3 heavies despite being slower and more expensive.
26 May 2020, 13:36 PM

KT wasn't part of the Heavy Meta and was already not relevant during it because KT never had the punch of those 3 heavies despite being slower and more expensive.

I can assure you it wasn't used exclusively due to its speed and acceleration, making it vulnerable to TDs, which allies end up being forced into by the inevitable panther/previous heavy meta.
26 May 2020, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2020, 13:36 PMKatitof

I can assure you it wasn't used exclusively due to its speed and acceleration, making it vulnerable to TDs, which allies end up being forced into by the inevitable panther/previous heavy meta.

I agree, that's the biggest drawback of Super Heavy tanks, but normaly their performance should make up for that, or at least ,for the KT, turn it in a somewhat viable/situational option. And I don't feel it does the job in any situation, but that's only my POV.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★