Login

russian armor

Ideas for UKF hotfix

21 May 2020, 02:21 AM

sections can be increase back to 280 mp. moving acc to 0,4 will mosly for the theme of defense, but i like the theme and like to keep it, at certain lv.
21 May 2020, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 18:27 PMVipper

Performance is not fine it has a gun that is superior to that of C.Pz, its profile remained the same although it got a buff at damage. It's vet bonuses and XP value also need to be looked.

Actually I would rather make it more realistic and replace the "light tank" design with a better armored designed but less DPS.

Pop and price could go down

The synergy with Sexton could become a removed and move either to officer or to artillery officer or be a vehicle upgrade.

Sexton can simply fire too much volume especial with valentine also rather difficult to counter for price.

i said it for long, it is an infantry tank, the current design of it is bad and unrealistic. Anyway, it should be redesign and be stock, R arty can have an arty officer squad with nonshare cooldown pyro for base arty and vet abiliti to order sexton not on cooldown.

The officer comes to late is to powerful, light gammon bomb should be replaced by incendiary gammon bomb and does not need recon plane

i am more and more like the ideal of sapper rework with rifle and upgrade in to sten (better stat then currently sten).

light gammon is useful as it is, and the officer work fairly well with vet. we do agrre that his design is not the best but i'm ok woth what i had.
also, the recon plane is very useful and uk doenst have pin point recon with doc so i realy want to keep it, i belive make it vet 0 but require company CP will be the best.

FOP comes way to late and it situational, should come earlier and be less powerful

Resupply operation is way to cost effective. It should lose ATG and bonus and have price adjusted. (medic box should be allow to be loaded to transports)

FOP was trying to load too many thing into 1, but all the abilities it have is usefull, is it possible to make the HQ alvaiable earlier but the ablilities inside it have seperate - later CP ?

Resupply operation offer quite a lot, but also limited itself by droping unwant weapons after the fist time. i will prefer it only drop med create, event with current price, med create provide some good buff and also a global spint, without the weapons, it can be used more easily.
21 May 2020, 05:57 AM

I would also add remove tech requirement for HT weapon drop, this has been requested by top players and forum users for months now.

I really don't understand why you have to tech lmg and PIAT, then pay extra for a doctrinal HT that's main design is to drop lmgs and piats... Current HT is just not worth picking a doctrine for.

AT Tommies could use camo or something like AT cons get, or elite PIAT that removes snare. Then they would be on level with ATpfuss.

Again we already have Royal engies and PIAT that do the same thing as AT Tommies. It's just supplying stuff Brits already have when Brits as a faction are incredibly reliant on commandos/Land mattress/flamers/mortar from doctrines. So you're giving up those for a different flavor of stuff you already have nondoc.

Basically the entire doctrine bar croc needs adjustment or bug fixes. The balance team need to think what is the HT and AT Tommies actually for? Skipping Bren tech or providing heavier firepower than nondoc PIAT and Bren can't provide? Because right now they do neither. They're just more expensive options of stuff you already have.
21 May 2020, 08:22 AM

...light gammon is useful as it is,...

Light gammon is very useful it simply overlaps with commandos. In addition a incidary gammon bomb would be a better antigarrison tools.

also, the recon plane is very useful and uk doenst have pin point recon with doc so i realy want to keep it, i belive make it vet 0 but require company CP will be the best.

It is extremely useful especially since UKF have powerful of maps. That is way it should not be stock. If UKF need recon planes they should doctrinal ones.

FOP was trying to load too many thing into 1, but all the abilities it have is usefull, is it possible to make the HQ alvaiable earlier but the ablilities inside it have seperate - later CP ?

I would try the following design:
FOP ability now come at CP 1-2
FA now can launch flares, have increase sight by 10-15, range of Arty increased by 20-40
Ambient buildings can be upgrade to FOP that reinforce for 180 MP, can call a recon plane single pass for 30 mu
Can also be upgrade to forward HQ able to support artillery requiring anvil or hammer
21 May 2020, 08:26 AM

Infiltration commandos from Mobile assault regiment should lose infiltration but spawn as 5 men for 340mp.

Yeah they effectively cost 400+ mp cos of 2 models having died sometime during infiltration.
21 May 2020, 09:40 AM

sections can be increase back to 280 mp. moving acc to 0,4 will mosly for the theme of defense, but i like the theme and like to keep it, at certain lv.

Agree they need to be 280MP again.
21 May 2020, 09:46 AM

I would also add remove tech requirement for HT weapon drop, this has been requested by top players and forum users for months now.

I really don't understand why you have to tech lmg and PIAT, then pay extra for a doctrinal HT that's main design is to drop lmgs and piats... Current HT is just not worth picking a doctrine for.

AT Tommies could use camo or something like AT cons get, or elite PIAT that removes snare. Then they would be on level with ATpfuss.

Again we already have Royal engies and PIAT that do the same thing as AT Tommies. It's just supplying stuff Brits already have when Brits as a faction are incredibly reliant on commandos/Land mattress/flamers/mortar from doctrines. So you're giving up those for a different flavor of stuff you already have nondoc.

Basically the entire doctrine bar croc needs adjustment or bug fixes. The balance team need to think what is the HT and AT Tommies actually for? Skipping Bren tech or providing heavier firepower than nondoc PIAT and Bren can't provide? Because right now they do neither. They're just more expensive options of stuff you already have.

Agree with most of your points.

HT weapon drop should not require base weapon unlock. Not sure why this was implemented. It was a complete non-issue before. Paying 45 muni so you can upgrade your infantry with LMGs and PIATS makes no sense when you can pay 15 fuel and get the same PIATs and slightly worse but cheaper LMGs. Not sure what the idea is behind this, to be honest.

I agree PIAT Sappers do almost the same job as AT Sections. I don't see much point in them either. Giving them camo is still not a very good idea. Cloak + snare + PIATS on the same unit doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Why heal and pyro upgrade was removed form AT sections doesn't make much sense to me either. Maybe this is again a team game thing? AT Sections have never even been regularly used as far as I remember. What was the point of nerfing them like that?

21 May 2020, 10:26 AM

Agree with most of your points.

HT weapon drop should not require base weapon unlock. Not sure why this was implemented. It was a complete non-issue before. Paying 45 muni so you can upgrade your infantry with LMGs and PIATS makes no sense when you can pay 15 fuel and get the same PIATs and slightly worse but cheaper LMGs. Not sure what the idea is behind this, to be honest.

If I am not mistaken the reason it started requiring the unlock was because it made the unlock completely unnecessary and thus one "theoretically" was getting the vehicle allot cheaper since it also bypass the need to unlock weapons.

This drop weapon mechanism has cause more trouble than it worth, (tech requirement, conscripts with 1 weapon slot, no counter weapon transfer across faction) and it should be actually abandoned imo. The Vicker K could become stock as an LMG and bren become closer to BAR.

I agree PIAT Sappers do almost the same job as AT Sections.

Main difrence here is AT section have great AI power since the BOYS are like Guards PTRS

I don't see much point in them either. Giving them camo is still not a very good idea. Cloak + snare + PIATS on the same unit doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Why heal and pyro upgrade was removed form AT sections doesn't make much sense to me either. Maybe this is again a team game thing? AT Sections have never even been regularly used as far as I remember. What was the point of nerfing them like that?

Pyro/Heal was removed due to being straight up superior to IS and having to much utility, see point above.

As I have post elsewhere imo the accuracy of AT rifles should become a timed ability with a hot the ground animation.

Boys could then become an upgrade to tommies or drop-able from HT replacing Piats (if this stupid mechanism is kept).
21 May 2020, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2020, 10:26 AMVipper

If I am not mistaken the reason it started requiring the unlock was because it made the unlock completely unnecessary and thus one "theoretically" was getting the vehicle allot cheaper since it also bypass the need to unlock weapons.

This drop weapon mechanism has cause more trouble than it worth, (tech requirement, conscripts with 1 weapon slot, no counter weapon transfer across faction) and it should be actually abandoned imo. The Vicker K could become stock as an LMG and bren become closer to BAR.

Main difrence here is AT section have great AI power since the BOYS are like Guards PTRS

Pyro/Heal was removed due to being straight up superior to IS and having to much utility, see point above.

As I have post elsewhere imo the accuracy of AT rifles should become a timed ability with a hot the ground animation.

Boys could then become an upgrade to tommies or drop-able from HT replacing Piats (if this stupid mechanism is kept).

You should check the DPS of the Boys AT Rifle. It's slightly worse than Guards PTRS but has only around 35-40% of the DPS of the regular lee enfield rifles. So no they don't have great AI power and no AT sections with heal/pyro are NOT better overall than regular Infantry Sections. They are way worse against infantry as they should be.

Not sure where you come up with stuff like that. Guards are a decent anti infantry unit because of the LMGs and the Mosins, not because of the PTRS. Yes the Guard PTRS is better than the Penal PTRS against infantry but that doesn't make it have "great AI power".

Locking the HT weapon drop behind base weapon racks makes no sense as I said before because of one simple reason: getting doctrinal weapons with Supply HT is less cost-efficient than just getting regular weapon racks. PIATS are the same and the difference between Vickers K and Bren is not big enough to justify getting the HT and then paying 60 muni instead of 45.
21 May 2020, 10:33 AM

snip

I believe special weapons doc is the last surviving mess of relics UKF launch design decisions. Hold the line is the biggest example of that trying to combine three abilities in one with a high 250muni? price point. It's just the ability is so bugged and situational it never warranted a nerf unlike air superiority.

But the balance team have some creative freedom with changing the doctrine. They could even make a unique Bren/Vickers profile from the HT that is more like the BAR and a assault weapon.
21 May 2020, 10:35 AM

But the balance team have some creative freedom with changing the doctrine. They could even make a unique Bren/Vickers profile from the HT that is more like BAR and a assault weapon.

Giving Infantry Sections a weapon that is similar to BAR is a horrible idea for balance reasons.
21 May 2020, 10:40 AM

Giving Infantry Sections a weapon that is similar to BAR is a horrible idea for balance reasons.

Obviously it would need testing, but we currently have SVT cons and fiveman grens with SL that are fine.

I guess what I'm arguing is there's not many special weapons in special weapon reg if all the units weapons are exactly the same as stock ones. As nice as a Bren tech skip is with the HT would be.

Likewise with AT Tommy piats
21 May 2020, 11:02 AM

But the balance team have some creative freedom with changing the doctrine. They could even make a unique Bren/Vickers profile from the HT that is more like the BAR and a assault weapon.

Worst idea of the month.
21 May 2020, 11:42 AM

You should check the DPS of the Boys AT Rifle. It's slightly worse than Guards PTRS but has only around 35-40% of the DPS of the regular lee enfield rifles. So no they don't have great AI power and no AT sections with heal/pyro are NOT better overall than regular Infantry Sections. They are way worse against infantry as they should be.

Not sure where you come up with stuff like that. Guards are a decent anti infantry unit because of the LMGs and the Mosins, not because of the PTRS. Yes the Guard PTRS is better than the Penal PTRS against infantry but that doesn't make it have "great AI power".

Let me rephrase this because you seem to take the wrong way. Tank hunter section have great AI for an AT unit.

In addition the stat you are comparing are probably wrong since they probably do not have the full damage the Boys/PTRS have vs infatry.

The are was actually a time when Tank hunter where being spammed.

Locking the HT weapon drop behind base weapon racks makes no sense as I said before because of one simple reason: getting doctrinal weapons with Supply HT is less cost-efficient than just getting regular weapon racks. PIATS are the same and the difference between Vickers K and Bren is not big enough to justify getting the HT and then paying 60 muni instead of 45.

I was simply explain why they did. Before for 270/30 one would get a moveable FA and weapon upgrade that have a cost of 200+150/15 which was considered too good.

Double or triple Vickers K on 5 men squad is rather powerful.
21 May 2020, 12:22 PM

There are more things that need to looked at it:

- Heavy Sappers is a very bad Design

- Double Bren feels more like a downgrade rather then a upgrade since it lowers your mid to close range DPS to much, maybe bren should limit to 1 but buff it to compensate like a lmg gren.

- The Centaur movement and acceleration speed got overnerfed.
It was always compared to the Ostwind and how much better it was (it was, no doubt), then it got nerfed and a few patches the Ostwind got buffed. It's like the other way around Ostwind feels like the old Centaur and the Centaur is just awful.

- Sinper should get increased fire rate with vetrancy, it's low fire rate compared to the ostherr sniper was always argued that the ost sniper has to fight against larger squad sizes. But in piratical game as UKF u fight vs 6 men Osttruppen, 5 men Jäger-Grenadiers, 5 men Volksgreandiers, 5 Men Assault grens etc.

- The Vickers-MG should get more spreaded suppression and lower its DMG to compensate

- The Land Mattress reload time is way to high and also its rocket dmg against cover got overnerfed

- The new Assault officer bleed u to much

- General no good, no doctrinal, anti garrisons tools --> lower grenade unlock cost

- Still no good indirect fire support

21 May 2020, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2020, 12:22 PMmadin2

Design was actually good, their balance is very bad.

They used to be dedicated repairmen/heavy defenders, now they are just awkward and weird unit that doesn't suit the game at all.
21 May 2020, 12:34 PM

There are more things that need to looked at it:

Yes they are and for some strange reason they can get 3 LMG.

Imo they should split into 2 different options:
1) Repair specialization for Anvil for cost 30 or not cost they get the repair bonus and maybe rifles instead of SMG.

2) Fighting specialization for Hammer where they get the armor and they heavy gammon bombs (without the engine damage/stun mechanism and not available to IS any more) and if needed better stens.
21 May 2020, 13:09 PM

A small thing I noticed yesterday, maybe it was already posted somewhere. The british M5 and M10 were directly taken from Soviet/USF. Because of that Emergency War Speed can't be done at them. There is no overrepair fuctionality. Maybe fix that too (of course not cumulative with Flank Speed/Overdrive)?

And then I want to support those, who propose Land Mattress for nondoc. Walking Stuka, Panzerwerfer, Katiusha, M8A1 Howi -> Every faction has some nondoc kind of mobile artillery versus blobs and team weapons (and they are very diverse, thats a plus). Imo this is really the most hurting blank spot when playing UKF.
21 May 2020, 13:17 PM

- Double Bren feels more like a downgrade rather then a upgrade since it lowers your mid to close range DPS to much

They don't. The Bren has higher DPS than the Lee Enfield at every range above ~4.
21 May 2020, 13:48 PM

They don't. The Bren has higher DPS than the Lee Enfield at every range above ~4.

He was talking about the Sappers which carry a Sten. Sten is way more potent at cc and can be fired while closing in, so a Bren downgrades their cc damage. It is a weird construct having a cc unit with a static slot weapon that is best used at long range...

Edit: So the Heavy Sappers upgrade should either swap their Stens with Enfields and one Bren or they should keep the Stens and upgrade something like one Flamer or two Thompson instead of a Bren (in the latter case you should have a look at the speed reduction+armor thing too)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★