Login

russian armor

Ideas for UKF hotfix

20 May 2020, 17:16 PM

Considering there is a UKF hotfix coming and Perimeter Overwatch and maybe Infantry Sections will get nerfed, the balance team has a chance to fix some additional stuff.

- UKF medic squad replaced by static, standard healing option for 200-250 MP. No need to explain this too much, everyone hates the UKF medic squad and I don't know why they went for this weird implementation. It's by far the most awkward healing option in COH2 and serves no real benefit.

Special Weapons Regiment:

- Supply HT at 4 CP for some reason. It should be 2-3. I don't know why a supply half-track without combat package comes at 4 CP, only CP earlier than Valentine.

- Hold the Line Ability needs to be totally reworked. I don't know why this thing still exists in its current form. You pay 250 munitions for a combat buff that is worse than the one you get for 50 munis from OKW For the Fatherland and the planes that arrive delayed only work on your own territory (if they work at all). So in order to counter a 250 muni ability, all you need to do is move your units out of the enemy sector for the time of the duration and you have plenty of time to do so because of the delay between the start of the ability and the actual plane arrival. Not sure how this is supposed to be used efficiently. The planes are quite good but just too much of a gamble and most likely you will just throw 250 muni away for little to nothing.
20 May 2020, 17:17 PM

Considering there is a UKF hotfix coming and Perimeter Overwatch and maybe Infantry Sections will get nerfed, the balance team has a chance to fix some additional stuff.

- UKF medic squad replaced by static, standard healing option for 200-250 MP. No need to explain this too much, everyone hates the UKF medic squad and I don't know why they went for this weird implementation. It's by far the most awkward healing option in COH2 and serves no real benefit.

- Supply HT at 4 CP for some reason. It should be 2-3. I don't know why a supply half-track without combat package comes at 4 CP, only CP earlier than Valentine.

- Hold the Line Ability needs to be totally reworked. I don't know why this thing still exists in its current form. You pay 250 munitions for a combat buff that is worse than the one you get for 50 munis from OKW For the Fatherland and the planes that arrive delayed only work on your own territory (if they work at all). So in order to counter a 250 muni ability, all you need to do is move your units out of the enemy sector for the time of the duration and you have plenty of time to do so because of the delay between the start of the ability and the actual plane arrival. Not sure how this is supposed to be used efficiently. The planes are quite good but just too much of a gamble and most likely you will just throw 250 muni away for little to nothing.
https://www.coh2.org/post/create/thread_id/105499/quote/821701#

you know they build the hq with 200 mp and 60 ammo which heals? so you want an additional healing option? or do you want the hq reworked into SU like medics?
20 May 2020, 17:22 PM

Infantry sections are fine. If they’re getting nerfed then Bolster should be cheaper.
20 May 2020, 17:24 PM

https://www.coh2.org/post/create/thread_id/105499/quote/821701#

you know they build the hq with 200 mp and 60 ammo which heals? so you want an additional healing option?

I don't have any use for an extra UKF healing option anyway because I use Infantry Sections like anyone else but the balance team decided UKF needs more heals so they added the horrible medic squad which no one likes because of how awkward it is.

You have to click the AOE heal button if you want decent heal speed and every time you are not careful you will select the medic squad when leaving base. It's just unnecessary extra micro that you shouldn't need to put into healing units.

At the very least they should add a button on the UKF medic squad that locks it in place so it doesn't leave the base.
20 May 2020, 17:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The medics would be fine if they didn't bug out on auto heal.
20 May 2020, 17:40 PM

I don't have any use for an extra UKF healing option anyway because I use Infantry Sections like anyone else but the balance team decided UKF needs more heals so they added the horrible medic squad which no one likes because of how awkward it is.

You have to click the AOE heal button if you want decent heal speed and every time you are not careful you will select the medic squad when leaving base. It's just unnecessary extra micro that you shouldn't need to put into healing units.

At the very least they should add a button on the UKF medic squad that locks it in place so it doesn't leave the base.

you know you can build a hq (with sappers) the forward assembly i believe it is called for 200 mp and 60 ammo to heal. That was what i was referring to
20 May 2020, 17:43 PM

Agreed with most suggestions but in addition there some other issue that need to be look at like:
"Assault"
"Valentine"
"Sexton"
"Assault Officer"
"Forward observation post"
"Resupply operations"
20 May 2020, 17:45 PM

If hold the lines planes could arrive faster once enemy has touched your sector, like 5-7 sec but requiring line of sight. I dont belive it would be that unfair as its massive munition investment anyway.
20 May 2020, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2020, 17:43 PMVipper

Agreed with most suggestions but in addition there some other issue that need to be look at like:
"Assault"
"Valentine"
"Sexton"
"Assault Officer"
"Forward observation post"
"Resupply operations"

Assault will get it's CP changed. Not sure if it was Sander but someone from the balance team already said that on coh2.org 2-3 weeks ago.

Valentine could get changed to 6 CP, I don't think it's performance is too good but the timing in 1v1 is a problem for sure. Alternatively, it could be tied to T3 without CP requirement.

The rest is fine IMO.
20 May 2020, 17:51 PM

I didn't notice that. What I noticed is that they are extremely slow. They heal one unit then stop doing anything for around 5-6 seconds before targeting the next unit.
20 May 2020, 17:52 PM
20 May 2020, 17:54 PM

Infantry sections are fine. If they’re getting nerfed then Bolster should be cheaper.

That wasn't the topic of this thread. I just tried to raise awareness for some of the UKF stuff that is also in need for some changes.

I do think Infantry Sections should get their moving accuracy lowered a bit so they keep their character of static infantry instead of just more copy-paste from other units. Maybe change it from the standard 0.5 they have now to 0.4. Which should still be slightly better than before.
20 May 2020, 18:01 PM

Infiltration commandos from Mobile assault regiment should lose infiltration but spawn as 5 men for 340mp.
20 May 2020, 18:21 PM

It would be better if they just added the equivalent of the Soviet heal. If they're going to stick with the medics, the pop cap should go down to 2 and they should try to make them a little more responsive, maybe less buggy.

AT sections should be able to upgrade to pyro, and possibly medics. The previous nerf didn't make a lot of sense, as they weren't meta anyway.
20 May 2020, 18:27 PM

Assault will get it's CP changed. Not sure if it was Sander but someone from the balance team already said that on coh2.org 2-3 weeks ago.

Valentine could get changed to 6 CP, I don't think it's performance is too good but the timing in 1v1 is a problem for sure. Alternatively, it could be tied to T3 without CP requirement.

Performance is not fine it has a gun that is superior to that of C.Pz, its profile remained the same although it got a buff at damage. It's vet bonuses and XP value also need to be looked.

Actually I would rather make it more realistic and replace the "light tank" design with a better armored designed but less DPS.

Pop and price could go down

The synergy with Sexton could become a removed and move either to officer or to artillery officer or be a vehicle upgrade.

The rest is fine IMO.

Sexton can simply fire too much volume especial with valentine also rather difficult to counter for price.

The officer comes to late is to powerful, light gammon bomb should be replaced by incendiary gammon bomb and does not need recon plane

FOP comes way to late and it situational, should come earlier and be less powerful

Resupply operation is way to cost effective. It should lose ATG and bonus and have price adjusted. (medic box should be allow to be loaded to transports)
20 May 2020, 18:27 PM

Maybe a sight to the "Designate Command vehicule" which boost is kinda OP
20 May 2020, 18:42 PM

Infiltration commandos from Mobile assault regiment should lose infiltration but spawn as 5 men for 340mp.

I myself want to keep them as they are. Just calling them off map to your base isnt big task to get them to full size and infiltration allows them to win induvidual firefights.
20 May 2020, 19:51 PM

Valentine 6 CP is absolutely ridiculous, unless they buff its utility.
20 May 2020, 22:06 PM

That's all medic bots tho. Imo they should have a small AOE heal so they don't have to give the injured lad a happy ending to get him back on the front.
21 May 2020, 01:23 AM

Foe people asking for hold the line buffs... you need to be careful what you wish for.

Currently it deletes any squad that tries to cap your frontline as the flares drop and within 1-2 seconds a typhoon has buzzed the point.

The issue with is that it isnt clear how it works so people think its bugged or useless, its not, it takes 20 seconds of holding your line with the buff that you get (And its till bugged so the (at least icon unsure if the stats are affected)units can still have the icon above their head forever)so you can stop a push, then anything that touches the sector gets deleted.

Its incredibly powerful BUT if the enemy is behind your frontlines or you didnt capture the sectors to connect the frontlines (i.e 2v2) the ability, nothing will happen, and if your frontlines get taken, the ability stops working.

It is very situational and kind of niche, but any tweaking of how it works will call for a massive nerf to the planes themselves.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS