Login

russian armor

Partisans are underpowered

17 May 2020, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 22:11 PMKatitof

I always wanted them to scale a bit better, I don't mind them being weak out of the gate, but they should have a bit more to do then be a glorified engineer that can only put down mines and hide in bushes.

Agreed. I think tweaking vet and adding an ambush bonus - even if tied to vet 1- would make them absolutely perfect even tweaking vet 1 so it's a very low requirement so y out have to "stumble" through your first ambush would be great. Aside from that imo they are A-ok

I once sggested addint a man at both vet 2 and 3 but even vet 2 alone I think I would be happy.
17 May 2020, 23:15 PM

currently you get instant free shrek from 280 mp unit

Ohhh I see
18 May 2020, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 17:39 PMRitter
They are expensive
finished reading here

:romeoHype:
18 May 2020, 05:46 AM

finished reading here

:romeoHype:

The initial purchase cost is ok, but the reinforcement cost(26) is ludicrous given their performance. At vet 3 they have an RA of 0.83 which is quite poor for a vet 3 combat unit(ambush or not) and their vet 3 PPSH stats are worse than shock troops at VET 0! Hell, their PPSH stats are worse than Volks grenadier MP40s, all the while having only 4 models, worse starting RA(then mp40 volks) and worse max vet RA.

I would either reduce their reinforcement cost, buff their RA (through vet) or a combination both.

They dont have focus fire which I am grateful for, and that their damage output is a little lower then other ambush units is alright, but they should at least be semi cost effective in durability if not firepower.
18 May 2020, 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In another thread about Partisans I made the suggestion to make a ultra-high utility unit out of them. Mines, heavy mines, demos, satchels, repairs, snares, sandbags, high decap rate, sprint give them whatever needed. At the same time keep their stats mediocre. Like this they should be a niche unit that can fill some gaps in SOV builds and allow for different play styles in T1 and T2 builds.
Also they would be used as behind the line infiltration and sabotage units but cannot fight trained soldiers which would really fit the theme.
18 May 2020, 09:25 AM

What I find funny is that some people glorify pioneers for their close DPS and sight yet they think that Partisan with similar cost, infiltration, better DPS, same sight, camo, faster cap speed, first strike bonus, 2 grenades, 2 mines are overpriced.

The unit is simply extremely cost efficient. Any problem come from the commander and not the unit.
18 May 2020, 11:54 AM

Merge the partisan squads, give the commander the Forward HQ ability for extra meme potential :romeoHype:
18 May 2020, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2020, 11:54 AMsuora
Merge the partisan squads, give the commander the Forward HQ ability for extra meme potential :romeoHype:

I'd rather have something useful.
18 May 2020, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
axis has sturmtroopers, they are way better and Soviets have crappy overpriced overnerfed partisans, just ludicrious, oh yeah and not to mention fallschirmspringers that absolutely rek every other infantry and also spawns behind the enemy lines.
18 May 2020, 15:19 PM

ritter ur fanboysm is showing, strum starts with rifle not SMGS and falls are para droppers not infiltration , are usf para op ?
are the guards para op too ?

u always have bias up ur ass

partisan are ultra cheap start with upgrade at no extra cost, have ambush and cost 26 mp to reinforce, for reference all other infiltration units cost more and for a 4 men unit the price is on line now, before it was overpriced but now it's ok

+ they can build mines and have both Molotov and normal nades

or in case of at paras they have at nades

and what this about vet being bad ? it's the same as green vet but isntead of RD they have RA and more CD and accuracy

for the at version they insetad have straight up more RA

Partisans
Unlocks the "Concussive Trap" ability.
-25% weapon cooldown.
-17% received accuracy.
-40% recharge time of the Molotov cocktail.
+50% accuracy when firing from camouflage.
+40% accuracy.
+25% Molotov cocktail's throwing distance.

Partisan Tank Hunters
Unlocks the "Concussive Trap" ability.
+10% penetration.
+30% accuracy.
-16.66% received accuracy.
+50% accuracy when firing from camouflage.
+10% accuracy.
+20% reload speed.
-23% received accuracy.

Stormtroopers
Passive healing out of combat.
+40% accuracy.
-29% received accuracy.
-25% weapon cooldown.

Grenadiers
Unlocks the "Field First Aid" ability.
+40% accuracy.
-20% weapon cooldown.
-25% recharge time of the Panzerfaust.
-20% received damage.
18 May 2020, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 17:39 PMRitter
They are expensive and they are not even good at what they are supposed to do killing team weapons.
Instead they die faster than conscripts and are only 4 men squad. How are they supposed to survive>?
Then they cost 26 mp to reinforce which is extreme expensive. SO better just let them die.

And it is the main reason people dont bother with commanders that have them. So after the nerf they are now useless. This needs to be fixed asap!

Every time I see someone try to use Partisans as a replacement for cons, I am tempted to quit immediately. Usually I just wait for them to get rekt and call for the surrender. They're meant as ambush units, not mainline.

There isn't a lot of maps where Partisans are a good choice. They usually spawn and get wiped or have to retreat immediately, but that doesn't stop people from picking them and trying to push a square peg into a round hole.

I just tried Partisans in a comp stomp. Merge seems to be disabled with them. Is that intentional?
18 May 2020, 17:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 21:11 PMVipper

That is correct. Any problems have to do more with commander and less with Partisan itself that are cost efficient. Unless one wants to redesigned the partisans.

Ehm, you got me wrong. Let's make a quick review of the commander to spot the issue (spoiler: it is AI partisans and low ability synergy)

1. AI partisans. On the paper, they are good infiltration unit, who can make a real impact. In reality, they have low performance and usually don't even meant to survive after infiltration. Additioanly, Soviets have another AI infiltration unit - AirGuards, who are doing much better and the only real disadvantage - no cloak, but it's not an issue.

2. AT Partisans. Good unit, has it's impact on the field. The issue - you can get it in doctrine with PPSh and ML-20, which has better synergy and more impact.

3. Radio interception. Good ability, but you have it in 3 other commanders with better synergy (iirc NKVD, Advanced Warfare and Armored Assault)

4. Spy Network. Probably it's good ability, if it comes with something else in the slot, or like passive for infantry with some radius. For example, Ostheer got ability like that (interrogation) with G43 upgrade. Additionally, it's potentionaly covered by Radio Interception, infiltration units and vet abilities from AT guns and TD destroyers.

5. Mark Target. Again, good ability, but you have it in several good commaders with something else, what works well with it (like Guards, T-34-85 or ISU-152).

As a result, we have commander, where you have some good abilities, which are not working well together, and Partisans, which are taking two slots and only one of them can be definetly called as usable one. For me the good way to go is merge partisans together into one unit, replace interception and do something with spy network.

Again, partisans are important part of the problem. Even if call them "cost efficient", it's no real reason to take this commander over other Soviet commanders with infiltration infantry units.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2020, 21:11 PMVipper
I am not sure how that would work since calling 2 separate them from ambient buildings would be difficult.

It would work better, because you will have one partisan squad, which infiltrate from the building and have some upgrades, like Taksin02 suggested.

P.S. It would be cool, if partisans can interrogate wounded soldiers and get weapon slot, which they have when were alive.
18 May 2020, 19:12 PM

Ehm, you got me wrong. Let's make a quick review of the commander to spot the issue (spoiler: it is AI partisans and low ability synergy)
As a result, we have commander, where you have some good abilities, which are not working well together, and Partisans, which are taking two slots and only one of them can be definetly called as usable one. For me the good way to go is merge partisans together into one unit, replace interception and do something with spy network.

Well you brought up a number of issues:
Mark Target is a great ability so it should not be available to commander that already have powerful tools like the T-35/85 and ISU-152.

That would make commander without those powerful tools more attractive. It is those commander that need to nerfed and not other commander that should be buffed.

Again, partisans are important part of the problem. Even if call them "cost efficient", it's no real reason to take this commander over other Soviet commanders with infiltration infantry units.

In this thread it has been claimed that partisan are UP. They are simply not UP. They are more than cost efficient. Are they enough to carry the commander? Certainty not but than again you can not expect Soviet infatry to be as attractive as IS-2, KV-2, ISU-152...

As for airborne guard I doubt many people pick the commander for ABGs and I doubt they can carry the commander. It mostly used for the SVT and rocket strafe.

It would work better, because you will have one partisan squad, which infiltrate from the building and have some upgrades, like Taksin02 suggested.

P.S. It would be cool, if partisans can interrogate wounded soldiers and get weapon slot, which they have when were alive.

My question was the mechanic and weapon upgrades is way but I doubt that many people would prefer the shreck to be an upgrade.

To summarize Partisans are not UP. If they do see action is not because they are UP but because there far more attractive commanders.
18 May 2020, 20:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Partisans need like 50% more health and 25% more damage output.
And Yeah it should be 1 partisan for each commander not 2. Give Partisan commander something else instead of the tank hunter partisan.
18 May 2020, 21:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2020, 19:12 PMVipper
...To summarize Partisans are not UP. If they do see action is not because they are UP but because there far more attractive commanders.

I get your point, but please, don't put it in my mouth or trying to elaborate my words in the way, like i am agree with you. AI Partisans are UP, and that's one of the main reasons, in my opinion, why commander is not popular.
18 May 2020, 22:20 PM

Partisan commander isn't under used because partisans are UP. It's underused because there are commanders that give you more. The only way you are ever going to get partisans to be picked over something like Mark target+call in armour or off map is by breaking partisans. This is a clear example of power creep trying to make a totally balanced infiltration shock squad without the armour (if anyone remembers, we actually had that and *gasp* it was broken OP)

The partisan commander is fine. It's focused, with great abilities that symergize and represent a specific but diverse playstyle. The soviet core is strong enough that picking an off beat commander like this is actually possible. Toning down some of the super strong soviet commanders will make it even more viable by not being over shadowed with OP unit combinations
18 May 2020, 22:20 PM

Make AT partisans pay Muni for their shreck. If they need to keep the shock value of the shreck, just add Muni cost to the squad. But imo it should be an upgrade

Buff AI partisans in some small way. I think AT partisans are by far the better value and i think nerfing them while buffing the other makes sense
18 May 2020, 22:29 PM

Make AT partisans pay Muni for their shreck. If they need to keep the shock value of the shreck, just add Muni cost to the squad. But imo it should be an upgrade

The point is not to make it even less appealing commander.
And 1 shreck on extremely squishy squad of 4 men that doesn't scale well and can't do any dmg to infantry at all is a fair price.
AT parsitans rifles are weapon crew level(medic squad can kill them as it has 3x more AI dps), so 100% of the price for firepower goes to shreck.
18 May 2020, 22:36 PM

Permanently Banned
also give Partisan Tactics commander iinstead of tankhunter partisan repair stations.
18 May 2020, 22:38 PM

I get your point, but please, don't put it in my mouth or trying to elaborate my words in the way, like i am agree with you. AI Partisans are UP, and that's one of the main reasons, in my opinion, why commander is not popular.

The part that I agree with you was the one I underlined:

"Doctrine needs some adjustments"
to which I wrote:

"That is correct."

So I did not mean to twist anything you posted.

(I have edited the reply to make it more clearly thou.)

When you say "AI Partisans are UP" do you mean that they they are nor cost efficient or that they do not bring enough to carry the commander?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 752
unknown 18
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L