Login

russian armor

My last personal wishlist for teamgame adjustments

PAGES (7)down
9 May 2020, 08:47 AM

So if we have a wishlist, this is mine.

What I would like to see for a new patch

Bugfixes:
- Tactical Advance from Stormtroopers. When active and they retreat, they retreat very slow. Back to normal speed

General:
- Rework Commanders please
- Vehicle turrets will not recenter when decrewed/abandoned
- Put Away Minesweeper ability added to all squads which can upgrade with a minesweeper
HMG autoreload when out of combat and make a button for force reload
- Force Reload ability for HMGs and cannons (like Ostwind) with clips.

Ostheer
- S-mines are no longer built as a mine field with warning signs
- S-mines are now built as one small group instead of as a field with warning signs.
- Panzerwerfer will now turn to face a target when using its MG
- Panzerwerfer MG42 damage increased to match LMG42
- SdKfz222 2cm dealing a bit more dmg against light vehicles
- SdKfz251 Vet 1 - instead of Schu-Mine it can lay down Riegel Anti Tank mine
- StuG III Ausf. E Light Barrage ability added (like from Sturmpanzer IV) and HP/armor upped to normal
StuG Ausf. G level
- Artillery Field Officer's Coordinated Barrage ability expanded to use available USF, OKW or British
indirect-fire units
- Grenadiers Field Medical Kit changed to "Model 24 Grenade". Allows the Grenadier squad to throw a single
Model 24 allowing the squad to have some sort of self-defense against units that close in.

OKW

- 2cm Flak Emplacement now gains veterancy. Vet1 better suppresion, Vet2 more sight, Vet3 better
performance against planes etc... I don't understand why there is no vet.
- Stuka zu Fuß - launching it´s rockets in a random scatter rather than in a line
- Pz II Luchs dealing slightly more dmg against light vehicles with 2cm (e.g. T70, still inferior but
capable in dealing more damage,, so more in line)
- Zeroing Artillery. To expensive for it´s performance. 300ammo is a bit harsh
- Sector Assault can be targeted without vision (description says recons with StuKas)
- Radio Silence is now Radio Silent Assault (infantry move faster as well)

Soviets
- Partisan squads can build PMD-6 anti-personnel mines
- Partisan squads now gain a fifth member at vet 2
- TM-35 anti-tank mine is now only triggered by vehicles. (therefore light anti-tank mine removed)
- Bring T70 in line with Pz2 Luchs
- Dhsk HMG AP rounds improved to match the MG-42s and to make the ability more likely to be used. Sprint
removed to make this powerful MG easier to flank and displace if caught out of position. The improved AP
rounds replaces this ability.

US
- M8 Greyhound gets smokescreen ability same as the M20
- M20 scout car can lay anti-tank mines more quickly
- M20 Skirts cost from 70 munitions to 50.
- Rangers receive ability Fire Up with Vet 1 (The squad becomes immune to Suppression and will run at
maximum speed regardless of terrain or incoming fire. Receives 30% more damage) 20ammo, Duration: 5
Cooldown: 60 seconds

Brits
- not enough played lately

9 May 2020, 09:25 AM

@sturmpanther and the rest of the team

See im not the only one asking for heals in some way on the unupgraded m5? :foreveralone: :guyokay:
9 May 2020, 09:32 AM

I want to also bring the Heavy tank place in teamgames on the table.

With their recent nerf (I will talk mainly about the Pershing,IS-2 and Tiger) they quite struggle to find a decent place in teamgames in my opinion. (I don't remember anyone using the Pershing after the patch)

Before the nerf, they was powerful enough to be a reliable alternative over Calliope/ISU-152/KV-2/Elephant/LeFh which meant greater diversity among 3vs3 and 4vs4.

9 CP was a joke though which explain why they were OP in 1vs1, but we have 32 (I think) CP available. Maybe we should break the 14 max CP floor to adapt those units to teamgames without breaking their identities.

And lastly but purely personal, Big Boys are fun to play.
(There is probably more to say about heavies, but that can wait)
9 May 2020, 20:24 PM

So if we have a wishlist, this is mine.

What I would like to see for a new patch

Bugfixes:
- Tactical Advance from Stormtroopers. When active and they retreat, they retreat very slow. Back to normal speed

Not a bug. That's a drawback of the ability, it's the exact same way on thompson paratroopers, who get the exact same ability.
10 May 2020, 10:00 AM

Not a bug. That's a drawback of the ability, it's the exact same way on thompson paratroopers, who get the exact same ability.

It is a weired drawback, which doesnt make any sense from a realistic point of view. They move slower during the attack than normal and get punished for that. If sprinting units would get a drawback like that, i wouldnt mind.

But in this case, it is the opposide.
10 May 2020, 12:53 PM

It is a weired drawback, which doesnt make any sense from a realistic point of view. They move slower during the attack than normal and get punished for that. If sprinting units would get a drawback like that, i wouldnt mind.

If storms or paras would not have this drawback, you could just spam this ability at any time without thinking as you could just press retreat once the incoming dps reaches a threatening level
10 May 2020, 13:11 PM

Its a risk to counterbalance the colossal reward of the ability.
10 May 2020, 13:14 PM

Its a risk to counterbalance the colossal reward of the ability.

i am well aware of that; still it is counter intuitiv.
10 May 2020, 13:16 PM

Not at all. As aerafield said, if you could just retreat normally there would be absolutely 0 risk and boatloads of reward. It would be wipe or run. Maybe even wipe and run. Forethought and counteplay should always be at the forefront of ability design.
10 May 2020, 13:17 PM

Tactical assault should be removed entirely tbh
10 May 2020, 13:22 PM

Not at all. As aerafield said, if you could just retreat normally there would be absolutely 0 risk and boatloads of reward. It would be wipe or run. Maybe even wipe and run. Forethought and counteplay should always be at the forefront of ability design.

I agree, that this ability needs some kind of balance; The ability just doesnt behave the way you would expect it to.
10 May 2020, 13:44 PM

Not really, its classic risk vs reward thing.
10 May 2020, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2020, 13:44 PMKatitof

Not really, its classic risk vs reward thing.

Didnt doubt that; actually this argument goes with every boosting ability. For the fatherland, UkF raid operations stuff. American sprinting ability. None of the them come with a penalty, Weired.

After sprinting, they spront even more.

10 May 2020, 14:27 PM

Didnt doubt that; actually this argument goes with every boosting ability. For the fatherland, UkF raid operations stuff. American sprinting ability. None of the them come with a penalty, Weired.

After sprinting, they spront even more.

None of them allows your units to have 100+ DPS either.
10 May 2020, 21:57 PM

Tactical assault should be removed entirely tbh

Can you say why? Genuinely curious

I like abilities that have risk vs reward like that, but your also a better player than me so idk about it's use on a competitive level
10 May 2020, 21:59 PM

Can you say why? Genuinely curious

I like abilities that have risk vs reward like that, but your also a better player than me so idk about it's use on a competitive level

It’s just cheesy. Your uber DPS squad catches an enemy on retreat or out of position? Pop this 0 skill ability to maximize the damage. Imagine if Obers had tactical advance or any other DPS buff ability. Wouldn’t be fair at all. There’s really no place for such abilities, just compare them to other damage abilities like grenades or rifle grenades, which have counterplay and require skill to use properly.
10 May 2020, 22:02 PM

It’s just cheesy. Your uber DPS squad catches an enemy on retreat or out of position? Pop this 0 skill ability to maximize the damage. Imagine if Obers had tactical advance or any other DPS buff ability. Wouldn’t be fair at all. There’s really no place for such abilities, just compare them to other damage abilities like grenades or rifle grenades, which have counterplay and require skill to use properly.

Are you talking about stg obers? Cause to that I would say their ignoring cover bonus means they don't even need to catch you out of position. I think they get some pretty nice tricks themselves
10 May 2020, 22:06 PM

Are you talking about stg obers? Cause to that I would say their ignoring cover bonus means they don't even need to catch you out of position. I think they get some pretty nice tricks themselves

Well any elite infantry really, rangers, lmg obers, stg obers, shocks. Grenades fit because you have to aim and time them, while tactical assault is 0 skill to use, just pop it and deal more damage.
10 May 2020, 22:09 PM

Well any elite infantry really, rangers, lmg obers, stg obers, shocks. Grenades fit because you have to aim and time them, while tactical assault is 0 skill to use, just pop it and deal more damage.

Well depending on the situation though right? It gives an RA/movement debuff so using it in some situations can punish you

Iirc the movement debuff still takes effect during your retreat too, until the timer ends

I would say the skill usually comes before the ability, by getting your squad into the right position. I do agree it can be cheesy but I've also wiped people's paras/storms because they weren't using it properly
11 May 2020, 06:54 AM

I think the skill in those technical assault abilities comes before using it - in positioning your squad in the enemies backline to cut down retreating squads. And doing it in a way where you can retreat safely despite the movement debuff.

Sure it requires a little less skill than throwing a grenade on retreat, but not much once you have tried it a couple of times and have figured out the timing.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
Germany 1
Germany 665
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L