Login

russian armor

My last personal wishlist for teamgame adjustments

PAGES (7)down
7 May 2020, 20:28 PM

i don't understand how you can have fun in teamgames

its simple -> find friends
7 May 2020, 20:33 PM

- Assault (commando doc) CP requirement from 4 to 6 (obvious reasons)

And a question you want to move "assault" at 6 but you are ok with "Advance cover Combat" at 2?
7 May 2020, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 20:33 PMVipper

And a question you want to move "assault" at 6 but you are ok with "Advance cover Combat" at 2?

Good point, move it to 0, maybe someone will use it then.
7 May 2020, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 20:33 PMVipper

Doesnt this ability only buff reload speed and cooldown? It is literally pointless as both stats have minimal impact on unit dps IIRC
7 May 2020, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 20:12 PMVipper
I still think it should be replace scott at T4.

Oh god no, never make that suggestion ever again.
7 May 2020, 21:44 PM

Doesnt this ability only buff reload speed and cooldown? It is literally pointless as both stats have minimal impact on unit dps IIRC

Assault from Commando regiment? Didn’t they buff the accuracy bonus it gives in the last patch?
7 May 2020, 21:58 PM

Not really it gives units:
out of cover cover bonus
units in cover an extra -20% reload and -30% CD
7 May 2020, 21:59 PM

95+% of the community play teamgames over 1v1 so yeah that must be a crazy mystery :o

you have like 900 wins vs 20 losses in teamgames. rushing over random teams must e boring af
7 May 2020, 22:15 PM

Assault from Commando regiment? Didn’t they buff the accuracy bonus it gives in the last patch?

we are talking about "advanced cover combat" from mobile assault doc
7 May 2020, 22:19 PM

you have like 900 wins vs 20 losses in teamgames. rushing over random teams must e boring af

true you get the best games as random and not as arranged team usually
7 May 2020, 22:28 PM

First of all I just wanna say -as an absolute teamgame main- that I think that the teamgame balance is imho in a very good spot, but I wanna try to collect my most annoying remaining "issues" off the cuff. Feel free to comment on it however you want, even if you think some of it is bullshit.

And ofc Im aware that this is only a wishlist in the end and most of it will most likely never get implemented, either because Im wrong and its not an issue or because there wont be another balance update ever.

The game is much better balanced than it's been before. It wouldn't be terrible if there wasn't another balance patch, but it would be okay if there was and these suggestions made it in. I do hope they have another commander patch, with something like Strategic Reserves but Osttruppen instead of Assault Grens and a JP4 instead of the P4.

I'd add:

Lowering the pop cap of the 120mm mortar to 8, and decreasing the cost to 300.
Make bolster take up one weapon slot for Tommies.

I agree on the need for changing the Stuka zu fuss. I've had games with as few as 10 kills with one, and some with over 90. Making it a little less hit or miss and giving it more reliable damage and suppression would be good. It's too good against Soviets and not good enough against USF.

The land mattress moves too slow and has the target size (20) of a medium tank. It is anything but hard to kill. It ends up being almost worthless in 4v4 games as you can wipe it easily. I tried it in a couple of games last month but haven't seen anyone else use it in a long time.
7 May 2020, 22:54 PM

At this stage I'd only suggest minor changes.

My personal favourite:

Add popcap to bunkers when upgraded with the MG.

In 1v1 bunkers are not a great issue.

However, in team games they pop up everywhere and allow a player to keep expanding their field presence without reducing mp income or using popcap.
8 May 2020, 00:30 AM

+1 on the changes suggested. But only if all of them are to be applied.
8 May 2020, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 22:54 PMGrim
At this stage I'd only suggest minor changes.

My personal favourite:

Add popcap to bunkers when upgraded with the MG.

In 1v1 bunkers are not a great issue.

However, in team games they pop up everywhere and allow a player to keep expanding their field presence without reducing mp income or using popcap.

I think they said they couldn't give upgraded bunkers a pop cap, it would ha e to start with pop. So I'd make the "bunker" cheaper and only upgrade to med/reinforcement (final price decided there) and have an MG bunker that only pios can build that has a pop value.
This way grens could build cover, it being cheaper to build at the start would be great and Mg bunkers are put on the back burner with pios who set up other fortifications.

I'd love to see bunkers as more than just pop free map control. Even though they are reasonably easy to destroy being able to just GTFO and still hold your flank is bothersome fr a balance perspective imo.
8 May 2020, 02:34 AM

I play a lot of team games so I can agree with some of the changes posted. I'll make a list with what I agree with and have a problem with.

Reduce plane damage. Yes please.

Soviets

ISU HE nerf? No. ISU's main role is AI with some AT capabilities. The AT on the ISU is decent but not great. It doesn't need a nerf to its primary role. Rear armour nerf is unnecessary too. High HP panthers with high frontal armour do not need an easier time killing an ISU.

Recon removed is not necessary. Get AA. Or better yet, use the Schwer AA since it comes with all Schwer's.

Healing would be nice to match the HT on Wehr side. Cost adjustment may be needed though.

Wehrmacht

Spotting scope elefant is what makes it strong but it immediately goes away when it moves anyway. Having that first shot capability (without infantry) is a major strength of the elefant and I don't think it should be removed.

Yes to the stuka dive bomb not neutralizing victory points. Its just stupid to have a super close game and then have 2 players coordinate their stuka dive bomb.

UKF

Love the mortar pit idea. Reduce build time of mortar pit slightly to adjust for having to upgrade to 2 mortars? Stay away from my Infantry Sections.

Land Matress definitely needs some work. No tear down time would help it from being stuka dive bombed constantly. It should be non-doctrinal too since brits have no way to counter blobs (similar to how you mention OKW later).

Never had the issue with the red flare. I wouldn't mind all infantry section members throwing red flares but then how do you know which flare the barrage is targeted?

Perimeter Overwatch adjustment. I think this is fine as it currently is, its expensive, its strong, but there are only 2 guns at the base and some off map mortar so there is only so much it can do. Plus it can be countered by love tapping a point with infantry which is very easy to do.

Assault Commando. You say obvious reasons but I don't see the obvious reason? I rarely see this used in team games.

OKW

Funny how you say OKW needs an important tool against blobbing when Brits don't have any. I do agree on the rework though. Stuka is a terrible unit with terrible design. Not quite sure if turning it into a random scatter mortar or incendiary barrage unit is the right choice. Damage over time is not as effective as immediate damage. I can offer no alternatives either. Maybe increase the spread/scatter on the bombs coming down instead of being insanely accurate in a row (like a creeping barrage unlocked at vet 0). Perhaps limit the current stuka to 1 so while it stays powerful, they can't mass the unit.

G43 agreed on this change, its more of an exploit.

IR HT. I don't think pop should be lowered, its already pretty powerful offering free vision in exchange for a small investment. It combos well with other Axis units too.

One minor change I would like to see is making a repair unit more accessible to OKW without the 300MP cost then again thats what the Mechanized truck upgrade is there for. Perhaps through a new commander or something.

Oh and remove the cap on King Tiger. Let me have two King Tigers :D

USF

Pack Howie doesn't need a change. Its competiting with IG and I'm pretty sure they both share similar stats. Pack Howie is one of the best blob controlling tools USF has and its unreliable at that. Excluding mortor carriage and MG.

M8 comes too late as it is. Reduce CP cost if you are going to nerf damage or keep as is due to the high CP cost.

- - -

I think the biggest issue is Brits lack a blob control tool for team games.

8 May 2020, 03:29 AM

Forgot to add.

I want to see Fallschrimjaeger's more vulnerable. They wipe far too quickly especially in groups.

My dream change to it is to change it to 6 models, give each model +33% more received accuracy, reduce vet 2 received accuracy from -29% to -14%, reduce FG42 damage by -10%. Should make up for it with the 2 Kar98ks the 2 new models get.

Reinforce cost stays the same so Fallschrimjaegers bleed a little more MP. With regards to how much damage it can do to its enemies, they bleed the enemies MP far more than they bleed the player controlling them in infantry v infantry combat.
8 May 2020, 06:29 AM

Forgot to add.

I want to see Fallschrimjaeger's more vulnerable. They wipe far too quickly especially in groups.

My dream change to it is to change it to 6 models, give each model +33% more received accuracy, reduce vet 2 received accuracy from -29% to -14%, reduce FG42 damage by -10%. Should make up for it with the 2 Kar98ks the 2 new models get.

Reinforce cost stays the same so Fallschrimjaegers bleed a little more MP. With regards to how much damage it can do to its enemies, they bleed the enemies MP far more than they bleed the player controlling them in infantry v infantry combat.

Nerf okw
8 May 2020, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 22:28 PMGrumpy

The land mattress moves too slow and has the target size (20) of a medium tank...

Are you sure that it has a target size of 20 when it crewed? Because most support weapons have a target size 20 when they are not crewed.
8 May 2020, 07:47 AM

I will nerf uncounterable flare drops. Either illuminate small areas or shorter sight times.

Stuka dive bomb is useless if it cannot uncap point.

Less arty is best arty.

Elefant without spotting scope is useless because it is just SLOW

8 May 2020, 09:05 AM

- Lower the splash damage of plane crashes to below 80 so it cant wipe fullhealth squads

+1

- big rear armor nerf for ISU152. Small scatter nerf for HE rounds.
- recon removed from soviet mark target (plane sight range to 0).
- any sort of healing for un-upgraded M5 halftrack

-The ISU152 seem to get easily penetrated from the front too and in general the vehicle is very clumsy. Scatter seems ok too.
-Sometimes I use this ability for the recon alone, not intending to actually destroy the marked vehicle. I say it's the duration that should be nerfed maybe or the ability being tied to the recon plane, lasting a few more seconds after it gets shot down.
-As Osinyagov suggested medi crate drop should be added to the M3A1 instead.

- spotting scopes removed from the elefant (not from the whole doctrine).
- stuka dive bomb no longer neutralizes a Victory Point (obvious reasons).

-Makes sense, or at least nerf it on the Elephant only, so it can't see as far as it can shoot.
-Expensive and comes quite late, no need to nerf it.

- Mortar Pit cost from 350 to 250, now spawns with 1 mortar. Second mortar upgrade costs 100mp and
takes 15sec to upgrade (wouldnt mind then if the section buffs get reverted :snfPeter: ).
- land mattress reinforce cost from 45 to 22. (De-)Setup time buffed. These last 2 points are to
address the brits' atrocious indirect fire situation in teamgames
- british HQ artillery flare changed to the 3 standard red flares that we know from other
abilities. The current flare constantly bugs out so the enemy cant see it.
- green flares added to the royal arty recon flares so the enemy can notice it more easily.
- Perimeter overwatch duration from 180 seconds to 60 seconds, cost from 225 to 100
- Assault (commando doc) CP requirement from 4 to 6 (obvious reasons)

-Hmm, interesting, would allow a more aggressive mortar emplacement usage. However since pyro sections have smoke arty maybe it's not that important anymore.
-Makes sense, tho that 45 to 22 reduction seems rather radical.
-Good suggestion!
-Same!
-Makes sense!
-Haven't used commando doc in a long while, can't comment it.

- Stuka zu Fuss rework: default barrage now randomly scatters like the incendiary barrage. Onehit kill radius slightly nerfed but AoE suppression added to the rockets. This would give OKW a very important tool against blobbing or spamming which atm they have absolutely no great tools against (hands down the biggest problem of OKW imo), while also adjusting the stuka's cheesy wipe capability against slower-to-react teamweapons which can be too oppressive considering the stuka's early possible timing. Vet 4 incendiary barrage moved to vet 1 but flame DOT greatly reduced, scatter reduced and cost from 100 to 50… to give okw a nondoc tool to deal with garrisons, structures and soviet fhq more easily. Veterancy 1 cooldown bonus added to vet 2. The live version vet 0 stuka barrage gets moved to vet 4. free ability. All 3 barrages share the same cooldown ofc
- spec ops recon flares now drop 3 green flares in the area so the enemy can notice it more easily.
- Fusilier G43 now requires both weapon slots (for balance and it also fixes the "bug" where a schreck squad that dropped 1 schreck, can upgrade to G43)
- IR HT population requirement lowered

-I can see the suppression ability becoming a problem when you use a pair of stukas in quick succession, one for suppressing and the other to fire at the blob and their retreat path. I just like the way the stuka works currently, both as enemy (having a good chance of dodging it if you pay attention) and as user (predicting where the blobs moves to or firing it at a line of idle vehicles). Flame barrage moved to vet 1 would completely kill emplacements, or would need a severe nerf to be balanced.
-Good change!
-Same!
-Makes sense!

- Pakhowitzer damage nerfed but cost also reduced. OR remove its autofire but change nothing else.
- M8 scott auto-fire AoE damage nerfed (barrage unchanged)

-Just increase auto fire scatter.
-Same.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment