Login

russian armor

My last personal wishlist for teamgame adjustments

PAGES (7)down
7 May 2020, 12:54 PM

First of all I just wanna say -as an absolute teamgame main- that I think that the teamgame balance is imho in a very good spot, but I wanna try to collect my most annoying remaining "issues" off the cuff. Feel free to comment on it however you want, even if you think some of it is bullshit.

And ofc Im aware that this is only a wishlist in the end and most of it will most likely never get implemented, either because Im wrong and its not an issue or because there wont be another balance update ever.

- Lower the splash damage of plane crashes to below 80 so it cant wipe fullhealth squads

Soviets

- big rear armor nerf for ISU152. Small scatter nerf for HE rounds.
- recon removed from soviet mark target (plane sight range to 0).
- any sort of healing for un-upgraded M5 halftrack

Wehrmacht

- spotting scopes removed from the elefant (not from the whole doctrine).
- stuka dive bomb no longer neutralizes a Victory Point (obvious reasons).

Brits
- Mortar Pit cost from 350 to 250, now spawns with 1 mortar. Second mortar upgrade costs 100mp and
takes 15sec to upgrade
- land mattress reinforce cost from 45 to 22. (De-)Setup time buffed. These last 2 points are to
address the brits' atrocious indirect fire situation in teamgames
- british HQ artillery flare changed to the 3 standard red flares that we know from other
abilities. The current flare constantly bugs out so the enemy cant see it.
- green flares added to the royal arty recon flares so the enemy can notice it more easily.

OKW
- Stuka zu Fuss rework: default barrage now randomly scatters like the incendiary barrage. Onehit kill radius slightly nerfed but AoE suppression added to the rockets. This would give OKW a very important tool against blobbing or spamming which atm they have absolutely no great tools against (hands down the biggest problem of OKW imo), while also adjusting the stuka's cheesy wipe capability against slower-to-react teamweapons which can be too oppressive considering the stuka's early possible timing. Vet 4 incendiary barrage moved to vet 1 but flame DOT greatly reduced, scatter reduced and cost from 100 to 50… to give okw a nondoc tool to deal with garrisons, structures and soviet fhq more easily. Veterancy 1 cooldown bonus added to vet 2. The live version vet 0 stuka barrage gets moved to vet 4. free ability. All 3 barrages share the same cooldown ofc
- spec ops recon flares now drop 3 green flares in the area so the enemy can notice it more easily.
- Fusilier G43 now requires both weapon slots (for balance and it also fixes the "bug" where a schreck squad that dropped 1 schreck, can upgrade to G43)
- IR HT population requirement lowered

USF
- Pakhowitzer damage nerfed but cost also reduced. OR remove its autofire but change nothing else.
- M8 scott auto-fire AoE damage nerfed (barrage unchanged)
7 May 2020, 13:04 PM

Pack howitzer is fine. Perimeter overwatch should be changed to a single sector for 100 muni for like 30 secs or something. Spec Ops flares should just have their duration halved. Assault should have its accuracy buff reverted. I like your mortar pit idea, though I would prefer to have a 150mp pit with 2 mortars that's like 40% of the current one's health and can't brace. Maybe it can upgrade to the current one but more durable and higher pop for 200mp extra?

Leave my sections alone you monster.
7 May 2020, 14:04 PM

Lower the splash damage of plane crashes to below 80 so it cant wipe fullhealth squads

Make sense

- big rear armor nerf for ISU152. Small scatter nerf for HE rounds.
- recon removed from soviet mark target (plane sight range to 0).

-Makes sense.

-instead of nerfing this ability I would rather have it replaced in doctrines that are already powerful and move it commander that are weaker. Imo it should be removed from both ISU-152 and T-34/85 commanders.

- spotting scopes removed from the elefant (not from the whole doctrine).
- stuka dive bomb no longer neutralizes a Victory Point (obvious reasons).

-makes sense. On the other hand spotting scopes have been nered too much. They should add 5+10 sight even when moving and sight should linger and not disappear after moving immediately.

-Stuka is already too expensive and comes to late. I would rather see it become slightly weaker but lowering CP and cost. Again it should be removed the Elephant commander.

- Mortar Pit cost from 350 to 250, now spawns with 1 mortar. Second mortar upgrade costs 100mp and
takes 15sec to upgrade (wouldnt mind then if the section buffs get reverted :snfPeter: ).
- land mattress reinforce cost from 45 to 22. (De-)Setup time buffed. These last 2 points are to
address the brits' atrocious indirect fire situation in teamgames
- british HQ artillery flare changed to the 3 standard red flares that we know from other
abilities. The current flare constantly bugs out so the enemy cant see it.
- green flares added to the royal arty recon flares so the enemy can notice it more easily.
- Perimeter overwatch duration from 180 seconds to 60 seconds, cost from 225 to 100
- Assault (commando doc) CP requirement from 4 to 6 (obvious reasons)

-Emplacements need major overhaul.
Having that said I would rather have the cost reduction but keep the 2 moratrs. One would simply autofire and the other would simply barrage. So no more "1 hit" (from each mortar) wipes.

-land mattress makes sense

-brit HQ makes sense

-Reckon flares makes sense, but also increase cost and time to deliver.

-Perimeter overwatch way to cheap at munition especially since it superior to sector artillery. I would lower CP and cost but make arty less lethal

-Assault need overhaul with the new moving accuracy

- Stuka zu Fuss rework: default barrage now randomly scatters like the incendiary barrage. Onehit kill radius slightly nerfed but AoE suppression added to the rockets. This would give OKW a very important tool against blobbing or spamming which atm they have absolutely no great tools against (hands down the biggest problem of OKW imo), while also adjusting the stuka's cheesy wipe capability against slower-to-react teamweapons which can be too oppressive considering the stuka's early possible timing. Vet 4 incendiary barrage moved to vet 1 but flame DOT greatly reduced, scatter reduced and cost from 100 to 50… to give okw a nondoc tool to deal with garrisons, structures and soviet fhq more easily. Veterancy 1 cooldown bonus added to vet 2. The live version vet 0 stuka barrage gets moved to vet 4. free ability. All 3 barrages share the same cooldown ofc
- spec ops recon flares now drop 3 green flares in the area so the enemy can notice it more easily.
- Fusilier G43 now requires both weapon slots (for balance and it also fixes the "bug" where a schreck squad that dropped 1 schreck, can upgrade to G43)
- IR HT population requirement lowered

-stuka I would rather have cost reduction and barrage replaced by incendiary rockets. Explosives rockets could be an upgrade costing fuel/manpower after T4

-Flares greatly increase CD and also increase delivery time

-Fuss makes sense

-IR HT I would rather have it replaces by the one in sneakeye mod since it would bring it inline with 251/flares one. I would also like to shared veterancy.

- Pakhowitzer damage nerfed but cost also reduced. OR remove its autofire but change nothing else.
- M8 scott auto-fire AoE damage nerfed (barrage unchanged)

I would rather have PakH replace Scott in T4 and make scott doctrinal killing 2 bird with one stone.
7 May 2020, 14:59 PM

All great ideas. Mechanized Support and Jaeger Armor are definitely over-represented in team game meta.

Personally I don't find the Scott's autofire to be that oppressive but then again I don't see or use it all that much. If anything I think that Pak Howie should use Scott AoE profile for autofire (maybe with cost reduction/6th man back) and Scott should get Pak Howie shells as it's barrage profile or as a Vet 1/2 ability/buff.
7 May 2020, 15:33 PM

- Perimeter overwatch duration from 180 seconds to 60 seconds, cost from 225 to 100

Lord have mercy..

Remember Ostheer's sector artillery lasts 45 seconds and costs 200 munitions, while covering less area and having slower tracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDf6SDp1uX0
7 May 2020, 17:39 PM

Some really good ideas here. I'd vote "yes to all" except for:

UKF
- land mattress reinforce cost from 45 to 22. (De-)Setup time buffed. These last 2 points are to address the brits' atrocious indirect fire situation in teamgames

The land-mattress reinforce cost is a trade-off for it not being destroyed as easily. All other mobile on-map arty (rocket/regular/etc.) is extremely fragile; and can be completely destroyed with most off-maps, direct hits with on-map, or a dive with a cheap unit. The land-mattress, while it can be easily decrewed, cannot be easily destroyed - thus, the resource investment is a lot more safe (you're paying for the weapon, not the crew). If the weapon's health itself was decreased to match a Stuka, for example, then this would be fine. Basically; yes, if a direct hit by on-map arty destroys the crew and weapon - no, otherwise.

UKF

OKW

It would be better to replace both with either a recon pass or recon loiter. Zero-counter recon just doesn't fit the game.

Pack howitzer is fine.

No, it's not. Its currently an inconsistent RNG wiping machine. Its both incredibly frustrating to use, and to play against.

7 May 2020, 17:48 PM

No, it's not. Its currently an inconsistent RNG wiping machine. Its both incredibly frustrating to use, and to play against.

Yeah well that’s your experience. In my experience it’s fine to use and play against, so I’m not really convinced at all.
7 May 2020, 18:02 PM

I think b4's should have a slightly longer CD and a minimum range like every other arty piece. They were largely untouched by the barrage nerfs that other arty suffered from.
Senior Modmaker Badge

I prefer to see medcrates on M3A1 instead of M5, because M5 already has usage in late game, unlike the Scout Car

Some really good ideas here. I'd vote "yes to all" except for:

The land-mattress reinforce cost is a trade-off for it not being destroyed as easily.

They changed the mattress long time ago so that anti tank weapons always aim at the gun and will destroy it even when its still crewed. Any tank can just drive up and kill it because it's too slow to get away unlike other rocket arty pieces (which is fine and I dont want that changed, I just want lower reinforce cost).

The long barrage duration also makes it very prone to a reaction from the enemy
7 May 2020, 18:34 PM

+1 very good suggestions

I dont think the UKF Artillery perimeter overwatch change would be good because it would make it super spammable and even more annoying. Just reduce the duration a little but keep the muni price the same.
7 May 2020, 18:50 PM

+1 very good suggestions

I dont think the UKF Artillery perimeter overwatch change would be good because it would make it super spammable and even more annoying. Just reduce the duration a little but keep the muni price the same.

thanks and yeah about perimeter overwatch I was very unsure as well if my change would be the best. But its important that it gets changed at all
7 May 2020, 19:02 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

+1 if nothing else were to be changed, this list is a good starting point.

7 May 2020, 19:13 PM

Yeah well that’s your experience. In my experience it’s fine to use and play against, so I’m not really convinced at all.

The pack howitzer is absolutely broken, probably the most OP unit in the game. The damage each shell does is just disgusting and it completely out of proportion for every other unit in its class.
7 May 2020, 19:15 PM

The pack howitzer is absolutely broken, probably the most OP unit in the game. The damage each shell does is just disgusting and it completely out of proportion for every other unit in its class.

Not really, Leigs are also quite annoying and so is the HM31 when it miraculously lands shells near a blob and you have to retreat 4+ squads to heal (the other times it lands in another country). That doesn’t make them broken just because they sometimes work.
7 May 2020, 19:18 PM

Not really, Leigs are also quite annoying and so is the HM31 when it miraculously lands shells near a blob and you have to retreat 4+ squads to heal (the other times it lands in another country). That doesn’t make them broken just because they sometimes work.

Leig is annoying yes which is what indirect fire should be, it shouldn't be a wiping monster like the pak howi is. Sov heavy mortar is probably too strong as well but two wrongs don't make a right.
7 May 2020, 20:12 PM

Imo the reason why opinion are divided on Pak howitzer is the veterancy bonus.

The unit is superior to anything in time frame get even better with WP barrage but becomes really broken once it get "heat barrage".

I still think it should be replace scott at T4.
7 May 2020, 20:17 PM

Stuka zu fuss is true cancer for teamgames i agree
7 May 2020, 20:21 PM

7 May 2020, 20:23 PM

i don't understand how you can have fun in teamgames

95+% of the community play teamgames over 1v1 so yeah that must be a crazy mystery :o
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS