Login

russian armor

Isn´t maxim aoe suppression

7 May 2020, 00:03 AM

A bit too much?

On narrow maps, where you try to flank the max with 2 units, both units will be suppressed even though they arent close to each other.
In other words it will suppress squads it isnt firing at, while they can be far each other.

7 May 2020, 01:17 AM

The AoE suppression radius of the maxim is only 2 "meters" higher than the one from any other MG I think. Do you know what 2 meters are in CoH2? thats like the width of an infantry model on your monitor while not zoomed in.

And if you mean the actual aoe suppression value then idk why you would think that.
~0.007 AoE suppression is garbage compared to other MGs especially considering the maxim's low rate of fire.
7 May 2020, 02:25 AM

The entire job of mgs is to suppress infantry. Flank wider. I truly hope the days of 2 squads walking shoulder to should countering a maxim is long gone....
7 May 2020, 03:24 AM

I have the experience of being able to flank maxims with 2 squads, one on each lateral limit of the firing cone and succeed
7 May 2020, 05:29 AM

I know if opponent uses the sustained fire ability, the Maxim's AoE suppression can become nuts, like suppressing another squad half a screen apart, otherwise the larger radius is not really noticable.
7 May 2020, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I know if opponent uses the sustained fire ability, the Maxim's AoE suppression can become nuts, like suppressing another squad half a screen apart, otherwise the larger radius is not really noticable.

Doesn't the ability give only about +15% more AoE suppression? I barely used it since I try to not build Maxims at all. And the AoE suppression range should not be affected as well

But then again nobody knows how supprrssion really works...
7 May 2020, 09:22 AM

Doesn't the ability give only about +15% more AoE suppression? I barely used it since I try to not build Maxims at all. And the AoE suppression range should not be affected as well

Longer bursts = better suppression over time when ability is in use.
And yeah, AOE is unaffected.
7 May 2020, 18:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've been using the maxim more recently, if you have it set up and ready it is really really good. That ability turns it into a suppressing machine with great damage to boot. By no means OP obviously, just a good solid option compared to the AP round mg42. It's also not as obvious when you are using it, so you can suppress a bunch of squads the opponent wasn't expecting.

The maxim with the ability will also continue to suppress everything and deal damage while it is suppressed itself. It will win a 1v1 versus any other mg easily with this ability, including against armor piercing mg-42.
7 May 2020, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 18:59 PMTobis

I've been using the maxim more recently, if you have it set up and ready it is really really good. That ability turns it into a suppressing machine with great damage to boot. By no means OP obviously, just a good solid option compared to the AP round mg42. It's also not as obvious when you are using it, so you can suppress a bunch of squads the opponent wasn't expecting.

The maxim with the ability will also continue to suppress everything and deal damage while it is suppressed itself. It will win a 1v1 versus any other mg easily with this ability, including against armor piercing mg-42.

Are you actually saying that the "maxim is trash" myth can also rest in peace?
7 May 2020, 21:42 PM

I've seen an mg42 suppress squads that were on the other side of an LoS blocker because the 42 was shooting at a different squad on the other side. And this required no vet 1 ability

The maxims vet 1 ability is very good. The Maxim by default is awful, and the good vet 1 ability doesn't change that. It just makes it occasionally less awful
8 May 2020, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 20:08 PMVipper

Are you actually saying that the "maxim is trash" myth can also rest in peace?

That one is not a myth.
8 May 2020, 06:44 AM

That one is not a myth.

The description I read is not consistent to "trash". If you want to argue that maxim is trash you should respond to Tobis's post.

I will just wait for him to clarify and that is why there was question mark in the end of that sentence.
8 May 2020, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2020, 06:44 AMVipper

The description I read is not consistent to "trash". If you want to argue that maxim is trash you should respond to Tobis's post.

I will just wait for him to clarify and that is why there was question mark in the end of that sentence.

That's because you are reading description of sustained fire ability, not the gun and are unable to distinguish between the two.

He clearly puts emphasis on the ability through the thole post.
8 May 2020, 08:54 AM

That's because you are reading description of sustained fire ability, not the gun and are unable to distinguish between the two.

He clearly puts emphasis on the ability through the thole post.

Let me explain something to you, you can not distinguish between maxim and the sustain fire ability because they come together.

Now pls stop interpreting what Tobis what has posted I am pretty sure he can express himself adequately (certainly better than you can) and he does not need katitof to translate for him.

And once more stop making post about what I do not or do not do, this thread is not about me but about maxim. If you want to respond to Tobis quote him and not me.

I have not made any comment about maxim. I have simply asked a question and you are obsessing with me instead of the maxim.
8 May 2020, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2020, 08:54 AMVipper

Let me explain something to you, you can not distinguish between maxim and the sustain fire ability because they come together.

Now pls stop interpreting what Tobis what has posted I am pretty sure he can express himself adequately (certainly better than you can) and he does not need katitof to translate for him.

And once more stop making post about what I do not or do not do, this thread is not about me but about maxim. If you want to respond to Tobis quote him and not me.

I have not made any comment about maxim. I have simply asked a question and you are obsessing with me instead of the maxim.

The problem is sustained fire and the maxim DON'T come together. You get a maxim then you earn sustained fire. While I'm a fan of active abilities and micro being used to get the most out of a unit, especially one that has proven problematic like the maxim, it shouldn't be vet gated, especially one that RNG willing will get deathlooped.

Vet 1 maxims are more balanced than any maxim has been but vet 0 maxim is trash.

For the maxim imo it's a big deal because stealing a maxim makes for a tough turkey as you have a shit unit (without vet) and don't even have the 6 man crew to fall back on.

I'd make sustained fire vet 0, and make it cheaper or better at vet 1 so it can actually be used without vet
8 May 2020, 14:28 PM

So in your opinion maxim vet 0 is trash, maxim vet 1 and above is fine. Is that correct?
8 May 2020, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2020, 08:54 AMVipper

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2020, 18:59 PMTobis

I've been using the maxim more recently, if you have it set up and ready it is really really good. That ability turns it into a suppressing machine with great damage to boot. By no means OP obviously, just a good solid option compared to the AP round mg42 . It's also not as obvious when you are using it, so you can suppress a bunch of squads the opponent wasn't expecting.

The maxim with the ability will also continue to suppress everything and deal damage while it is suppressed itself. It will win a 1v1 versus any other mg easily with this ability , including against armor piercing mg-42.

And the post he was replying to:

Yup.
Clearly he didn't meant the ability, but the stock, vet0 gun.
Clearly. :snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight