10%
0%
2%
14%
4%
Total votes: 49
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 May 2020, 07:15 AM

This isn't to shit on the map makers, I thank you for all the hard work you do, but sometimes, truth be told, they are not all that great.

For me, Nexus is quite possibly the worst 1v1 map, it has the weirdest cut off design in the game, the buildings are neigh on useless and certain parts of it remind me of Stalingrad, mainly the southern fuel point with the little windy walls.

Despite it being the same size as crossroads (An amazing map, just not winter...) it feels twice as big, its almost a chore to get back to base after a retreat, there are also far too many ambush points just outside your base enterances, and green cover where the enemy can just set up MGs/Rifles. Not my cuppa tea at all!

Whats yours and why?

Edit: FU&£(NG Forum! I set up a poll and it didnt show :*(
4 May 2020, 07:21 AM

Delete Arnhem and Lost Glider please ktnxbye
4 May 2020, 07:31 AM

Probably Langreskya and Kholodny Ferma due to their imbalanced cut-off locations. Langreskya north and Kholodny Ferma east spawns get cut off all the time while the opposite sides are often very safe.
4 May 2020, 09:10 AM

Delete Arnhem and Lost Glider please ktnxbye

I quite like lost glider but maybe it is a UKF favourted map? Arnhem I can live with too, but it is slightly imbalanced with the house locations.

Probably Langreskya and Kholodny Ferma due to their imbalanced cut-off locations. Langreskya north and Kholodny Ferma east spawns get cut off all the time while the opposite sides are often very safe.

You are correct about kholodny, I rejoyced when I could free up a veto slot when the winter variant was dropped, now wejust need the summer one to go :P
4 May 2020, 10:12 AM

I dislike Lost Glider the most because of how unforgiving it is. If you get pushed to your base even once, it's quite likely you'll never come back because it's so easy for the opponent to pile up on your cutoff and camp it. Same goes for the fuel points.

North spawn is particularly bad in this regard.
4 May 2020, 10:34 AM

Unbalanced Glider because North is insta-lose

4 May 2020, 11:21 AM

Nexus isn't even close to the worst 5, Arnhem, lost glider, angoville, bayeux and vilshanka are all worse, imo.
4 May 2020, 11:25 AM

The maps with lots of stone garrisons.
4 May 2020, 20:31 PM

Arnhem is my least favorite
4 May 2020, 20:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 07:15 AMLatch

Edit: FU&£(NG Forum! I set up a poll and it didnt show :*(

Tell me what you want in the poll and I can make it if you want.
4 May 2020, 21:56 PM

I like all the maps. I'd like more of them tbh. I never veto any. I like challenges and I truly love not knowing everything about the map. I wish some of the old 1v1 maps could come back as I spent so many hours playing on them and miss them. The more the better even if it means there are tiny problems with them. IMO it all adds to the morevaried gameplay experience and keeps thing fresh when maps reappear less frequently in automatach cycle.
aaa
4 May 2020, 22:57 PM

There are several bad maps. If to chose 1 worst of all then it definately should be FEYMONVILLE . Previously fine map turned into utter trash by patchers.

Also my veto list

Nexus
Karelia
River
New maps mostly.

aaa
4 May 2020, 23:08 PM

less normal maps than bad or maps where i dont know how to play

Normal maps are
Langres
Novgorod
Ferma
2 Crossroads
Vilshanka (good if you lucky with spawn)

5 May 2020, 04:49 AM

Tell me what you want in the poll and I can make it if you want.

it was just all the maps listed pal
5 May 2020, 06:34 AM

Vilshanka. The map design is okayish but it has that absolutely retarded disappearing UI bug. If it werent for that I'd un-veto it.
MMX
5 May 2020, 07:27 AM

angoville is my least favourite by far, and i'd say it got even worse after the revamp... which is sad since it's one of the few iconic vanilla CoH maps left in the game and i've got fond memories playing it back in the day.
apart from that, i used to absolutely loathe lost glider and arnheim before, but ever since i've decided to play w/o vetoes and had a fair share of games on both i grew to quite like them.
overall i think that's the biggest problem with most maps anyway - once on veto they mostly stay there for good. not because they're bad but rather due to personal preference.
5 May 2020, 10:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Voted my own map, LIKE A BOSS :romeoPro:

On a serious note, I am working on Bayeux. What I have done so far:

1. Moved the bases closer to mid (still thinking if I'm gonna make changes to the overall playable area).
Made base sectors bigger and moved the base starting points closer to mid.

2. The forest area around west fuel was unbalanced, moved the forest to mirror east fuel.

3. Hedges next to the north cutoff house removed for easier access to the mp point.

4. WiP fixing aesthetics (splats) around areas I've done changes to.

Things i'm considering:

1. Cutoff buildings:
a) remove them.
b) hedges covering base entrance
c) move houses somewhere else

2. Work around for the hedges in the center.

If there's going to be a new map update, then I hope there's a chance for an updated version.
Leaving a couple of pictures to show the changes.

That's a wrap for now, would love to hear some of your thoughts.
5 May 2020, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 10:01 AMSpanky
1. Cutoff buildings:
a) remove them.

You should have done that 0.0000000001 attoseconds after creating them. Kappa

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 07:27 AMMMX
angoville is my least favourite by far, and i'd say it got even worse after the revamp

The revamp made it playable. It was incredibly frustrating before, but now it's just unpleasant.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 11:21 AMElpern
Nexus isn't even close to the worst 5, Arnhem, lost glider, angoville, bayeux and vilshanka are all worse, imo.

Nexus also better than Kholodny. Remove Kholodny so we can finally get rid of that well known Mongoloid who only cheeses that map.
5 May 2020, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 10:01 AMSpanky
Voted my own map, LIKE A BOSS :romeoPro:

You are a boss!

Disclaimer: I dont play a lot of 1v1.
I asked for Novgorod to get removed already, so I voted Arnhem Checkpoint. The map is too big and the cutoffs are 100% pure cancer. The map has a really great and unique look, but sadly I have never had a good game on it. Just blob the cutoff...ResidentSleeper

Aerafield suggested a 2v2 version which I thought was a great idea since 2v2 maps are probably in the worst state at the moment.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1729535384

5 May 2020, 14:56 PM

Imo my vote for 'good'/passable maps is
Kholondy, Faymon, Crossroads,Rechnaya Pereprava, Ladoga, Novogrod

So those maps imo should stay (though novogrod could do with some changes and so could ladoga, kholodny while unbalanced is atleast playable with a decent enough dynamic)

Maps i dislike
Angoville, Nexus, Lost Glider, Bayeux, Crossing,

Out of these 5 i think nexus should go, so should lost glider, if Bayeux is getting changed like spanky is saying he's doing then i'm willing to give it another chance. Crossing in the woods is just bad and should also bge removed imo. Glider needs another rework probably.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS