Login

russian armor

Unit orders

2 May 2020, 15:18 PM

Something has seriously broken this patch with issuing movement orders to both infantry and vehicles. The amount of times I have told an MG to set up in a certain spot and it ignores it only going "Near" where I ordered it to go.

Squads also seem to defy orders to get into cover. Retreating has a massive delay on the IS AT squad with piats if they have just fired their PIATS, they seem to want to reload before they run away.

Telling tanks to reverse can just result in the tank going back and forth. Is anyone else having similar issues recently?
2 May 2020, 19:05 PM

I know that you cant issue orders to vehicles and expect the game to pathfind as you imagine. I remember issuing a reverse command just to see the tank turning 180 degrees (leaving its beautiful back to a couple of T34 happy to see it) and then go forwards in a curve just to go backwards after reaching half of the distance between points.

That day, i learnt that you cant trust in the pathfinding
2 May 2020, 19:29 PM

I know that you cant issue orders to vehicles and expect the game to pathfind as you imagine. I remember issuing a reverse command just to see the tank turning 180 degrees (leaving its beautiful back to a couple of T34 happy to see it) and then go forwards in a curve just to go backwards after reaching half of the distance between points.

That day, i learnt that you cant trust in the pathfinding

Oh Im familiar with that but this is really different, out it this way, my tanks now path into the UKF base, as in between the weapon racks, Ive never had this before.
3 May 2020, 19:00 PM

I've encountered a bug where units don't want to retreat. If I have 2 units selected and press retreat, both will pop up retreat icons, but one will then disappear and one squad won't retreat.

It's happened a few times but I can't reproduce it yet but who knows. Maybe something is up with the network code and orders are getting dropped. Or maybe my internet just sucks...
3 May 2020, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 19:00 PMEuan
I've encountered a bug where units don't want to retreat. If I have 2 units selected and press retreat, both will pop up retreat icons, but one will then disappear and one squad won't retreat.

It's happened a few times but I can't reproduce it yet but who knows. Maybe something is up with the network code and orders are getting dropped. Or maybe my internet just sucks...

I don't think it's an internet problem. It happens to me and others. I use Discord and it's not uncommon to hear someone dropping F(effen)-bombs combined with "retreat."
3 May 2020, 21:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 19:21 PMGrumpy

I don't think it's an internet problem. It happens to me and others. I use Discord and it's not uncommon to hear someone dropping F(effen)-bombs combined with "retreat."

While it might be a game problem, remind you that Discord server locations can be way closer to your original location than the CoH2 servers (IIRC it was USA NY)
4 May 2020, 01:08 AM

I've had the MG thing happen recently too, actually. Wanted it to set up behind a log covering the edge of the map and a nearby approach. It instead set up about 5 meters away leaving a sizable gab between the edge of the arch and the end of the map. I reissued the set up order and it did so properly.
4 May 2020, 02:30 AM

Just had a game on stream where I ordered a squad to dodge a grenade that were behind sandbags, they moved out then moved straight back in resulting in a wipe. Once I am done I will try and clip it so hopefuly someone can see whats going on.
4 May 2020, 03:50 AM

Also just had a 6 lbr refuse to move and I could give it any orders, it was in base and I could reinforce it?

EDIT: MY mouse also sometimes doesnt work in game, as in I cant see the bloody thing. Not sure what causes it but I alt tab a lot and have never had this pre patch.
4 May 2020, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 02:30 AMLatch
Just had a game on stream where I ordered a squad to dodge a grenade that were behind sandbags, they moved out then moved straight back in resulting in a wipe. Once I am done I will try and clip it so hopefuly someone can see whats going on.

This is not a bug. Infantry will gravitate to cover if there is some near available. If you want them move you have to order an issue that if far from the cover they currently occupy.
4 May 2020, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 07:49 AMVipper

This is not a bug. Infantry will gravitate to cover if there is some near available. If you want them move you have to order an issue that if far from the cover they currently occupy.

I found out what happened and its pretty BS TBH. as I was dodgint it I tried to click past the point but instead clicked a pixel on the flag and they went in for the cap:

(cant imbed)
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousRelentlessNigiriPartyTime

Shouldnt happen.
4 May 2020, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 10:14 AMLatch

I found out what happened and its pretty BS TBH. as I was dodgint it I tried to click past the point but instead clicked a pixel on the flag and they went in for the cap:

(cant imbed)
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousRelentlessNigiriPartyTime

Shouldnt happen.

"WOT" :D

I know that feel.

Yesterday I also had an encounter where I was quite certain that my mg wasn´t standing where i wanted it to be. Didn´t bother much, but now that others mention it i immediatly remembered that. Gotty watch out for that more now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak