Login

russian armor

IS fix for the time being

30 Apr 2020, 22:34 PM

It is my honest opinion that IS should be a bit rebalanced before people find out how to make the whole faction work (there is a lot of talk about that I guess).

Moving accuracy from 0.5 to 0.4 and target size back to normal since they don't die they just stay half HP and 4 models with the same god damn DPS while your units die.

It is so annoying to play against them even though they are not unbeatble. And even more boring to play them now when I can just build 5 IS at start, spread them out and mow down inf.

Just to point about I play 2v2 and 3v3 so idk about 1v1 and 4v4.
1 May 2020, 00:02 AM

Kind of agreed. Why don't we move normal IS RA to 1 and make covert bonus like -0.15 in green cover, or roll back moving acc to 0.35

Its either moving acc or ra. Not both.
1 May 2020, 00:41 AM

Why nerfing IS is taking so long. Its obvious that they need an urgent fix.
What is the balance team doing? Arent they working?
1 May 2020, 00:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 00:41 AMLeo251

You do realize that patching a game that is not yours can be quite complicated?
1 May 2020, 02:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 22:34 PMMusmula
It is my honest opinion that IS should be a bit rebalanced before people find out how to make the whole faction work (there is a lot of talk about that I guess).

Moving accuracy from 0.5 to 0.4 and target size back to normal since they don't die they just stay half HP and 4 models with the same god damn DPS while your units die.

It is so annoying to play against them even though they are not unbeatble. And even more boring to play them now when I can just build 5 IS at start, spread them out and mow down inf.

Normal RA would be 0.80, that's what they were before the overnerf. Balance team decided to revert half the nerf from 0.90 to 0.85

Personally I don't like messing around with core survivability because it's just punishing to four man Tommies (which were fine before any changes) and cements bolster and massed builds even more.
1 May 2020, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 00:41 AMLeo251

Dude. JLI used to cost the exact same as volks but spawn from buildings and camo and snipe models and was like that for months. If they took a look at Tommie in 3 weeks it would still be fast. The game is not friendly for tweaking and the people doing it are doing it for the community. They aren't getting paid to do it. While I don't agree with everything they do they are absolutely doing more than relic so give them a break.
1 May 2020, 03:41 AM

Roll back RA to 0.8 both in and out cover, moving acc to 0.35, cost back to 280. That what i think.
1 May 2020, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 22:34 PMMusmula

"since they don't die they just stay half HP and 4 models with the same god damn DPS while your units die."

Thats just RNG, I can show you many examples of tommies dropping models without even taking much health off the enemy.

"I can just build 5 IS at start, spread them out and mow down inf"
But you can't, it wont work, get a light vehicle out and it's GG, Volks can also spam like that but be more sucessful as they can faust, tommies can't.

The issue with brits is they have no other fighting units, look at every other faction and they can build different units for different situations, UKF however has to rely on the tommie section to fill all the roles. Even trying to use sappers as a CQC unit without anvil is just horrific so tommies have to be strong. If you nerf tommies too much it kills UKF, if you buff them too much, it fucks everything else up.

I honestly think tommies are in a good spot 1v1 wise, I would probably put 5 man behind tier 1 though especially in team games where blobs of doom for any faction are devestating and the 5 man isnt really punishable by LV's as much as it can be in 1v1's.
1 May 2020, 07:53 AM

You do realize that patching a game that is not yours can be quite complicated?

Adding to that, just because something -seems- to be a problem for you, does not mean it is actual problem.
You just see blobs - newsflash, all units blobbed are OP, regardless of state.

Remember that 3% mid-close range buff where everyone spelled doom and gloom when it hit, problaiming USF a faction of literal T-1000 terminators? Well guess what, it magically balanced itself a month later without anyone doing anything and I've got strong feeling the exact issue here here.
1 May 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 07:16 AMLatch

"since they don't die they just stay half HP and 4 models with the same god damn DPS while your units die."

Thats just RNG, I can show you many examples of tommies dropping models without even taking much health off the enemy.

https://imgur.com/a/diaCTP3 this is what I am talking about. This happens only to brits. I never see volks like this or cons or penals or anything. Only IS. Well to be fair it sometimes happens to other units too ofc but when we ale talking about how often it happens IS take the cake here.
1 May 2020, 13:22 PM

https://imgur.com/a/diaCTP3 this is what I am talking about. This happens only to brits. I never see volks like this or cons or penals or anything. Only IS. Well to be fair it sometimes happens to other units too ofc but when we ale talking about how often it happens IS take the cake here.

It does happen to all other units too but Infantry Sections do seem to get it slightly more often. No idea why though. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps because of their lower target size (0.85-0.8) they have enough effective health per model to endure a full clip of Kar 98K rounds, after which there's a good chance that the reloaded Kar 98K model targets another IS model. Rather than focussing down one model per reload cycle. But I don't know how targeting works exactly so that could be wrong. It might also have to do with the IS' squad formation never really having one model in front (as opposed to for example Grenadiers who move in a V-shape formation).
1 May 2020, 13:29 PM

It does happen to all other units too but Infantry Sections do seem to get it slightly more often. No idea why though. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps because of their lower target size (0.85-0.8) they have enough effective health per model to endure a full clip of Kar 98K rounds, after which there's a good chance that the reloaded Kar 98K model targets another IS model. Rather than focussing down one model per reload cycle. But I don't know how targeting works exactly so that could be wrong. It might also have to do with the IS' squad formation never really having one model in front (as opposed to for example Grenadiers who move in a V-shape formation).

Maybe. Idk why it happens but like you said happens to IS more often. Seems to happen to sturmpios often too. But doesn't seem to happen to other 4man units that often
1 May 2020, 18:07 PM

Bolster needs to eliminated if it can't be adjusted to differentiate 4-man sections from 5-man sections. I've made and seen numerous suggestions on how it might be done - is there no hope for any of them?
2 May 2020, 14:05 PM

Maybe. Idk why it happens but like you said happens to IS more often. Seems to happen to sturmpios often too. But doesn't seem to happen to other 4man units that often
It happens to Obers and JLI's a lot, in addition to Sturmpios. I don't see it happen a lot to any USF or Soviet units, nor Grens so Sander might be right about it being affected by RA.
3 May 2020, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not 100% sure, but what I remember from test is that infantry does not switch the target in a static fight. But for movemrnts I think it is different, as another model can get closer than the originally targeted one and cause a target switch
3 May 2020, 14:06 PM

Not 100% sure, but what I remember from test is that infantry does not switch the target in a static fight. But for movemrnts I think it is different, as another model can get closer than the originally targeted one and cause a target switch

so instead of chasing retreating squads it would be more logical to stay there?
3 May 2020, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

so instead of chasing retreating squads it would be more logical to stay there?

That is a different story. For most units and in most situations it makes sense to chase squads.
But I was talking about how a soldier picks picks a model of the targeted squad. Nobody knows exactly how this is determined, but I am sure (this means I saw some values referring to this in the editor) that distance is a factor. So if another enemy soldier comes closer than the originally targeted one, this could cause a target switch.

I was always under the impression that this does not happen that frequently, but Sanders post read as if this was regularly the case, and he is way more experienced than I am.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS