Login

russian armor

IL2 Precision strike seems uncounterable

PAGES (8)down
2 May 2020, 21:48 PM

I am not sure why some people keep comparing the Stuka dive bombing with the IL-2 bombing run since the abilities use different mechanism and have different potential. Stuka dive bombing is not bombing run and it closer to an artillery strike.

The closest thing Ostheer have to IL-2 bombing run is the fragmentation bombing.
2 May 2020, 21:52 PM

Since super heavy TDs are pretty much exclusive to team games, where are your teammates? The counterplay is kill the t34 before it gets there, or at least scare it away/spot it from a distance

NO IT'S NOT

Stop this garbage, it's been debunked in every single thread when it's brought up.

For the love of god stop repeating this, there is 0 counter to a T34 rushing you right away in an open field while you're immobile and it's hard to dodge it unless you're moving. You have 0 chance if you're moving towards it.

Ram is not counterable if it's done properly.

Oh god, pls dont repeat that thead again. Please.

If it were about counters, all howitzers should have brace, and thats not the case.
I just accidentaly rimmed lol.

Lets not lose the focus about if IL2 PS should be counterable or not. I agree that some skills are uncounterable, because its intended.

IMO IL2 should be counterable since it can instagib superheavy tanks. At lest add some RNG to the formula.
2 May 2020, 22:30 PM

If it were about counters, all howitzers should have brace, and thats not the case.
I just accidentaly rimmed lol.

With your logic, all tanks need smoke and blitz.
2 May 2020, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 22:30 PMAradan

And off-map artillery shouldn't exist.
3 May 2020, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 22:30 PMAradan

Because tanks are howitzers... yeah

Following YOUR logic, all tanks need crews, HVAP or similar rounds, 60 Range, toggle able self spotting, Call in artillery strikes, have aura buffs and of course a ramming ability.

The travesti of all logics combined.
3 May 2020, 08:21 AM

Teeeeeechnically, KV-2....
3 May 2020, 10:11 AM

Please use the name of the ability that is being discussed instead of being totally unclear to then jump/contradict/troll purposefully other people to fit personal narrative. It would have avoided pages about valentines vision ability.

Can you guys focus on the thread itself instead of derailing it completely just because of misleading schematics arguments? 😡

3 May 2020, 15:49 PM

Teeeeeechnically, KV-2....

While it's not a "tank" the isu would count as well as its literally an ml20 inside a metal box. The soviet really liked the brutal simplicity of a big gun didn't they?
3 May 2020, 21:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 03:50 AMGrumpy
snip

I can't see the pictures. I was using Langres and then Crossing in the Woods. I also had Company outpost build which is normal for the timing of a Howitzer. Anvil/Hammer doesn't make a difference i think cause the Concentration barrage already fires an airbust shell.

Eindhoven country, from south to top, Company command Post, Hammer, no fog of war, 20 test.

Decrewed: 20
Destroyed: 13
HP avg remain: 0.2285 Max: 0.5 Min: 0.1

Fog on, vision provided by T70 with scout and cancelled the moment the first shells are shot at base, 20 test.

Decrewed: 16
Destroyed: 6
HP avg: 0.2678 Max: 0.6 Min: 0.05

Every time after each test i cleared the remaining wreck.

3 May 2020, 21:42 PM

Following YOUR logic, all tanks need crews, HVAP or similar rounds, 60 Range, toggle able self spotting, Call in artillery strikes, have aura buffs and of course a ramming ability.

The travesti of all logics combined.

Axis and allies all this have. To something you need pick general.
3 May 2020, 23:07 PM

I can't see the pictures. I was using Langres and then Crossing in the Woods. I also had Company outpost build which is normal for the timing of a Howitzer. Anvil/Hammer doesn't make a difference i think cause the Concentration barrage already fires an airbust shell.

Eindhoven country, from south to top, Company command Post, Hammer, no fog of war, 20 test.

Decrewed: 20
Destroyed: 13
HP avg remain: 0.2285 Max: 0.5 Min: 0.1

Fog on, vision provided by T70 with scout and cancelled the moment the first shells are shot at base, 20 test.

Decrewed: 16
Destroyed: 6
HP avg: 0.2678 Max: 0.6 Min: 0.05

Every time after each test i cleared the remaining wreck.

I just put them in an array on Steppes, changed owner to enemy (cheatmods II), took off fog of war, and started using barrage. After each test, I put them on a different section of the map. I used the relatively flat area by the north VP.

I tried to use Google photos to share the images. The website I used to use doesn't have a free version anymore. I'm new to Google photos so I'm sure the problem is user error.

Does this link work?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xxc3T4m6v1WUP9gVA

3 May 2020, 23:23 PM

4 May 2020, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 21:48 PMVipper
I am not sure why some people keep comparing the Stuka dive bombing with the IL-2 bombing run since the abilities use different mechanism and have different potential. Stuka dive bombing is not bombing run and it closer to an artillery strike.

The closest thing Ostheer have to IL-2 bombing run is the fragmentation bombing.

Then by that logic the IL2 bombing run is a creeping artillery barrage instead.
4 May 2020, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 13:29 PMGrim

Then by that logic the IL2 bombing run is a creeping artillery barrage instead.

No really, it is not an issue of "logic" but of mechanics.

Stuka dive bomb does not have any plane that deliver the payload while IL-2 bombing run has.
4 May 2020, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 13:59 PMVipper

No really, it is not an issue of "logic" but of mechanics.

Stuka dive bomb does not have any plane that deliver the payload while IL-2 bombing run has.

We can make it into one of the "shadow only" planes that don't exist, the brits have and have bombs go down that way if it makes everyone feel better.

OR

We can accept the fact that its pretty much impossible to shoot down single run planes before they deliver payload, like we did past 7 years without an issue.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS