Login

russian armor

IL2 Precision strike seems uncounterable

PAGES (8)down
2 May 2020, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2020, 18:01 PMGrumpy

Concentrated barrage is cheap and *CAN* counter the LEFH, but kills the howitzer itself maybe 1/3 of the time at best. It is anything but reliable.

Did you read the OP? The point being discussed is the unfairness of 1-shotting howitzers.

So if concentrated barrage has 1/3 chance of succes, it is a good example of a well implemented mechanic. Not the way around. And it is reliable bacause 33% >> 0%
2 May 2020, 19:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reliable means like +80% chance. Something you expect to work and only having small exceptions not the other way round.

Test done on a 1v1 map, between 5-10 each, didn't count. All LeFH at full HP.

Sexton + Valentine combo >> Anything besides the range of the normal range has way too much scatter even when maintaining vision.

Concentrated barrage >> i feel like as long as you can maintain vision, it's reliable that it destroys the LeFH. It's not 80% but i'll say 2/3 times (or better) it destroys it if it's barely damaged. At full HP i'll say 50/50.

Flame mortar support: highly variance on performance. It will decrew 90% of the time and the damage done to the weapon itself goes from just 20% up to 90%

Precision barrage: is guaranteed.

Concentrated fire Operation: feels like it's reliable but i wouldn't say it cause it's high RNG territory.
2 May 2020, 20:43 PM

Well the others are arty: cover a different type of area, have a more spread damages and take longer to land.

Howitzers can't move. The time it takes to get there shouldn't matter. Time on target for USF has a wicked long delay but it still gets the job done

Sexton and priest can move, but that's why they cost significantly more fuel. They're also easier to kill with diving vehicles
2 May 2020, 20:46 PM

Howitzers can't move. The time it takes to get there shouldn't matter. Time on target for USF has a wicked long delay but it still gets the job done

Sexton and priest can move, but that's why they cost significantly more fuel. They're also easier to kill with diving vehicles

My bad, I was talking about railway ect..., so it is Off-map arty*
2 May 2020, 20:48 PM

I think people missunderstood the point of the thread. I know there are 1 click off maps that delete howitzers, I’m only asking why the IL2 is uncounterable. It’s not just about howitzers, the IL2 precision strike is most often used gainst superheavy tanks so I wanted to ask if this is intended not to be counterable by AA or if the ability is overperforming by being immune to AA.
2 May 2020, 20:51 PM

My bad, I was talking about railway ect..., so it is Off-map arty*

No I know what you're talking about. The topic is about using off-maps to counter howitzers. Howitzers can't move, so the time it takes for your off-map to hit doesn't matter
2 May 2020, 20:52 PM

Concentrated barrage >> i feel like as long as you can maintain vision, it's reliable that it destroys the LeFH. It's not 80% but i'll say 2/3 times (or better) it destroys it if it's barely damaged. At full HP i'll say 50/50.

I could be wrong but sometimes hilly terrain causes that concetrated barrage flare hits wrong place especially on maps like lorch might be worth to test it
2 May 2020, 20:53 PM

I think people missunderstood the point of the thread. I know there are 1 click off maps that delete howitzers, I’m only asking why the IL2 is uncounterable. It’s not just about howitzers, the IL2 precision strike is most often used gainst superheavy tanks so I wanted to ask if this is intended not to be counterable by AA or if the ability is overperforming by being immune to AA.

Why shouldn't it be?
Its very expensive single pass plane, more expensive then absolutely uncounterable stuka dive bomb and equally uncounterable as any other single pass plane.

So why would it be counterable?
And if it was, there is no reason for whatever is hit to be dusted instantly given the cost and lack of area coverage or denial.

Also, on what merit you base your claim of the ability overperforming? Its not a balance issue.
2 May 2020, 20:53 PM

I’m only asking why the IL2 is uncounterable. It’s not just about howitzers, the IL2 precision strike is most often used gainst superheavy tanks so I wanted to ask if this is intended not to be counterable by AA or if the ability is overperforming by being immune to AA.

I'm pretty sure it's the same counter as most strafes: Dodge

It's used against super heavies in combination with Ram. There's a reason for that
2 May 2020, 20:56 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the same counter as most strafes: Dodge

You can't dodge when your super heavy gets rammed and you roll heavy engine damage or immobilized.

No ability in the game is like IL2 precision strike, since it has stock ram and the barrage has tight scatter and almost kills a super heavy in 1 salvo.

Why the hell should it have 0 counterplay? Why should RAM + RNG heavy engine/immobilized roll + IL2 = Dead Super heavy no matter what?
2 May 2020, 20:57 PM

No I know what you're talking about. The topic is about using off-maps to counter howitzers. Howitzers can't move, so the time it takes for your off-map to hit doesn't matter

It was a bit off-topic, just an answer via a comparison between IL2 strike and other type of strike, no matter the target
2 May 2020, 20:58 PM

You can't dodge when your super heavy gets rammed and you roll heavy engine damage or immobilized.

Dude.... Literally read the second half of my post
2 May 2020, 21:00 PM

No ability in the game is like IL2 precision strike, since it has stock ram and the barrage has tight scatter and almost kills a super heavy in 1 salvo.

Well, there is rocket strafe, which costs half the muni and arrives faster and doesn't that one niche luftwaffe doctrine with single passes have single pass AT close air support?

Plus, when you're talking about ram, that's more units involved.
2 May 2020, 21:01 PM

Well, there is rocket strafe, which costs half the muni and arrives faster.

And has much worse scatter, can easily hit buildings far from the target and doesn't do as much damage as a result.

Please install before you get an opinion on the matter ktnx I don't give a shit about what happend 4 years ago when you played.
2 May 2020, 21:02 PM

And has much worse scatter, can easily hit buildings far from the target and doesn't do as much damage as a result.

Please install before you get an opinion on the matter ktnx I don't give a shit about what happend 4 years ago when you played.

Have you even used soviet airborne?
2 May 2020, 21:03 PM

Have you even used soviet airborne?

Dude come on

stop trolling
2 May 2020, 21:12 PM

Why the hell should it have 0 counterplay? Why should RAM + RNG heavy engine/immobilized roll + IL2 = Dead Super heavy no matter what?

Since super heavy TDs are pretty much exclusive to team games, where are your teammates? The counterplay is kill the t34 before it gets there, or at least scare it away/spot it from a distance

Also if this is what your thread was about all along, nobody misunderstood anything. This is a completely different discussion than what you talked about in your OP

And imo the soviet airborne rocket strike is crazy OP. 100 Muni is absurdly cheap, at least il2 is 200
2 May 2020, 21:19 PM

The counterplay is kill the t34 before it gets there

NO IT'S NOT

Stop this garbage, it's been debunked in every single thread when it's brought up.

For the love of god stop repeating this, there is 0 counter to a T34 rushing you right away in an open field while you're immobile and it's hard to dodge it unless you're moving. You have 0 chance if you're moving towards it.

Ram is not counterable if it's done properly.
2 May 2020, 21:23 PM

For the love of god stop repeating this, there is 0 counter to a T34 rushing you right away in an open field while you're immobile and it's hard to dodge it unless you're moving. You have 0 chance if you're moving towards it.

Why is your super heavy in the middle of an open field with nothing in front of it? Especially if it's a heavy TD, it should have spotters if it's anywhere near the front

And what do you mean rushing you "while your immobile"??? The t34 is what makes you immobile in the first place?

Stop this garbage, it's been debunked in every single thread when it's brought up.

Clearly it hasn't... If it's so obviously OP why hasn't modteam touched it in years?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS