Login

russian armor

IL2 Precision strike seems uncounterable

PAGES (8)down
1 May 2020, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 11:05 AMVipper

The problem lies also with the fact that both Priest and sexton comes with off map that can counter howitzer and stock reckon planes.

More like Sexton comes with the most broken doctrine in the game, with OP call in light tank, uncounterable defensive artillery, flares and Sextons.
1 May 2020, 11:13 AM

Agree with the soviet, they deserve a reliable counter to Lefh as much as Ostheer deserve the stuka dive.

However the lack of counter to self-propelled gun is a balance issue in my opinion.

Well, yes, self-propelled artillery is less vulnerable to strikes, but at the same time they have a lower firing range, which makes them more vulnerable to hunting tanks. If there really is a problem, then give the self-propelled artillery two modes: mobile when it can move around and there can be a small radius of fire and fire mode when the artillery shoots at its usual distance and 10-15 seconds to deploy from mobile to combat mode, which will make Mobile artillery is more vulnerable to strikes.
1 May 2020, 11:55 AM

More like Sexton comes with the most broken doctrine in the game, with OP call in light tank, uncounterable defensive artillery, flares and Sextons.

Damn sounds like god mode
Too bad that single lefh counter this commander
1 May 2020, 11:56 AM

Well, yes, self-propelled artillery is less vulnerable to strikes, but at the same time they have a lower firing range, which makes them more vulnerable to hunting tanks. If there really is a problem, then give the self-propelled artillery two modes: mobile when it can move around and there can be a small radius of fire and fire mode when the artillery shoots at its usual distance and 10-15 seconds to deploy from mobile to combat mode, which will make Mobile artillery is more vulnerable to strikes.

I was more for the idea of giving the Hummel to the Ostheer, but your idea seems fine too, I agree.
1 May 2020, 11:59 AM

1 May 2020, 12:16 PM

IIRC i have seen this same behavior on the stuka smoke drop.

It kinda makes AA worthless i must say.

Edit: What if all howitzers get a shorter "brace" to counter a possible unstoppable force?

AA is meant to counter recon planes and skillplanes, not strafes or precision strikes.... its why stuka dive bomb cannot be countered in the first place.

And LUL at this stupid proposal in the edit but no worries you're not the first guy bringing it up

No idea why you want teamgames to be dumbed down into howitzer spam :rofl: Howitzers cover such a big area that you can build them in front of the base on every map. And you cannot reach the base with tanks or inf on campy maps vs half decent teams. Right now Howitzers already win the game if the enemy team didnt think their commander picks through
1 May 2020, 12:17 PM

IMO the only possible changes should be about where the planes come from (as a general rule applied to all off map planes delivering any payload onto a target). They should ALWAYS enter the map through your own base sector and fly to their target. The closer to your own base the more deadly the offmap would be. The further away the target, the more the plane would be susceptible to aa fire. This would lead to a lot more interesting gameplay expericence when anty-air units and their positioning would matter. Call in arty might work the same e.g. having worse scatter the further away from your base it is used.
1 May 2020, 12:53 PM

Make all the weapons fire candy and flowers and rename the game to "company of sweet flowerpower".
1 May 2020, 13:14 PM

A single Lefh counters UKF Royal Artillery?

Umm....What?
1 May 2020, 13:28 PM

AA is meant to counter recon planes and skillplanes, not strafes or precision strikes.... its why stuka dive bomb cannot be countered in the first place.

Stuka dive bomb does not even use a plane for all practical purposes it is like "artillery" strike with noises instead of flares.
1 May 2020, 13:59 PM

Dang i wanna like that post so hard
1 May 2020, 14:30 PM

What if skill bombs planes flies from your own base side, like ostheer supply drop?
1 May 2020, 14:32 PM

What if skill bombs planes flies from your own base side, like ostheer supply drop?

Then you clearly have no idea how single pass planes work and never used one in your life.
1 May 2020, 15:41 PM

A single Lefh counters UKF Royal Artillery?

Umm....What?
yep of course 4v4 mode
Sexton lacks in range wow what a suprise
1 May 2020, 15:52 PM

snip

And LUL at this stupid proposal in the edit but no worries you're not the first guy bringing it up

snip

Right now Howitzers already win the game if the enemy team didnt think their commander picks through

This entire thread has been one bad proposal after another, interspersed with dubious claims.

Level 18 in 3v3 gets you on the balance team (my 3v3 team has been there at times, somehow I never got the invite, maybe it's level 18 AND being one of the cool kids..j/k)
Brace for howitzers
Need to remove recon from USF/UKF
Need to add mobile arty to OST/OWK
Make howitzers mobile
Royal Arty is the most broken commander
A single LEFH counters Royal Arty

I do agree with your statement about howitzers winning the game if not countered. It's happened to me a couple times recently. It's been things like a LEFH killing all my repair engineers or a pair of B4's killing engineers, schwerer, and battlegroup.
1 May 2020, 15:58 PM

yep of course 4v4 mode
Sexton lack range wow what a suprise

Sexton's are terrible at countering LEFH's and vice versa. The LEFH only works against the Sexton if somebody likes to shoot from the same spot every time and doesn't move after shooting. With the tiniest bit of micro, that doesn't happen.
1 May 2020, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2020, 15:58 PMGrumpy

Sexton's are terrible at countering LEFH's and vice versa. The LEFH only works against the Sexton if somebody likes to shoot from the same spot every time and doesn't move after shooting. With the tiniest bit of micro, that doesn't happen.
Wrong it just cant its like panzerferer is terrible at countering b4
1 May 2020, 16:04 PM

Sexton lacks in range wow what a suprise

It's not your Sexton that's lacking, it's actually you.
1 May 2020, 16:08 PM

>mobile art can't counter immobile art

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
1 May 2020, 16:11 PM

>mobile art can't counter immobile art

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

So.... you admit that all the REEEEE ever about mortar pit was just baseless noob outcry from faction mains who had mobile versions? :snfPeter:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS