Login

russian armor

Changes i feel grens need

PAGES (16)down
9 May 2020, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn't the Wehr theory that you reinforce at the front via Halftracks and the reinforcements bunker?
that s why grens can build them i think

maybe make the reinforcement upgrade cost 20mun less?

The reinforce bunker is too expensive to use. Which is why i always suggested to make base bunkers 50mp and put the other 100mp of the cost on the upgrades. You would keep it equal on the MG, but you could tweak numbers for the medic and reinforce bunker.

9 May 2020, 19:09 PM

The reinforce bunker is too expensive to use. Which is why i always suggested to make base bunkers 50mp and put the other 100mp of the cost on the upgrades. You would keep it equal on the MG, but you could tweak numbers for the medic and reinforce bunker.

I want this too, would allow grens to use unupgraded bunkers more just for cover. So they are less punished for not having sandbags
9 May 2020, 19:43 PM

I want this too, would allow grens to use unupgraded bunkers more just for cover. So they are less punished for not having sandbags

Bunker will still be worthless vs Penal with no tech satchel charges.
9 May 2020, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2020, 19:43 PMVipper

Bunker will still be worthless vs Penal with no tech satchel charges.

Well it literally can't be worthless if it's forcing them to spend 45 muni. And that's only against Soviets who went t1, they still have 2 other factions to play against
10 May 2020, 04:46 AM

I'm a 2vs2 Ostheer player in top 100 and I have some experience with Bunker so may I share with you all?

Reinforce bunker is a joke: Building it close to frontline and will result in Penal / Infantry Section with Arty grenade closing in and destroy it, you will just lost your MP and even squad trying to repair and hold it.

if you somehow managed to preserve the bunker till late game, it still result into a heat position that enemy will always fire arty / rocket => Losing even more MP and squad.

Rather than going Reinforce bunker, you better of getting 251 halftrack:

I'm more MAD losing my halftrack in late game than losing my Ostwind because it's a pain in the ass getting that sweet 251 vet 3 again.

Rather than going Reinforce bunker, I think MG bunker are way better investment compare to it.
MG Bunker ( a slight off topic )

10 May 2020, 10:12 AM

1000% This!

Reinforce Bunkers would be usefull if they had a "retreat Flag" option.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2020, 04:46 AMKyle
I'm a 2vs2 Ostheer player in top 100 and I have some experience with Bunker so may I share with you all?

Reinforce bunker is a joke: Building it close to frontline and will result in Penal / Infantry Section with Arty grenade closing in and destroy it, you will just lost your MP and even squad trying to repair and hold it.

if you somehow managed to preserve the bunker till late game, it still result into a heat position that enemy will always fire arty / rocket => Losing even more MP and squad.

Rather than going Reinforce bunker, you better of getting 251 halftrack:

I'm more MAD losing my halftrack in late game than losing my Ostwind because it's a pain in the ass getting that sweet 251 vet 3 again.

Rather than going Reinforce bunker, I think MG bunker are way better investment compare to it.
MG Bunker ( a slight off topic )

1000% THIS ! and if u want/need u just can upgrade to Flamethrower halftrack. so 250 is a Must have as OST player.
30 May 2020, 18:44 PM

So, what conclusion do we have for grens?
30 May 2020, 22:17 PM

So, what conclusion do we have for grens?

-pick infantry doctrine if you want to spam them

-start taking notes on how Luvnest plays if you prefer other doctrines

-play soviets or brits if you want additional man on mainline without going doctrinal
31 May 2020, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2020, 22:17 PMKatitof

-pick infantry doctrine if you want to spam them

-start taking notes on how Luvnest plays if you prefer other doctrines

-play soviets or brits if you want additional man on mainline without going doctrinal

All that thread to come back to the starting point.
1 Jun 2020, 14:49 PM

Reinforce bunker is not expensive, in fact it is probably the cheapest in terms of MP. It uses some muni which you would otherwise use for LMG upgrade for grens or toxic rifle nades.

Lets look at costs:

Reinforcement bunker is 150MP + 60 muni.
251 Half Track (mobile) is 200MP + 30F.

Brits Forward Assembly is 200MP.

Soviet M5 Half-Track (mobile) is 270MP + 30F (?).
Theres a Soviet doctrinal one that comes with retreat point (MP required iirc) that is fairly cheap but I forget how much it costs. I think it was 100MP + 10F so it might be a contender for cheapest.

USF Ambulance (mobile) is 250MP + 10F.

OKW Battlegroup Headquarters (tech) is 200MP + 25F (minus the truck).

Edit: Changed Forward Assembly cost to normal cost. Thank you Heavy Sapper.

2 Jun 2020, 04:18 AM

Reinforce bunker is not expensive, in fact it is probably the cheapest in terms of MP. It uses some muni which you would otherwise use for LMG upgrade for grens or toxic rifle nades.

Lets look at costs:

Reinforcement bunker is 150MP + 60 muni.
251 Half Track (mobile) is 200MP + 30F.

Brits Forward Assembly is 250MP.

Soviet M5 Half-Track (mobile) is 270MP + 30F (?).
Theres a Soviet doctrinal one that comes with retreat point (MP required iirc) that is fairly cheap but I forget how much it costs. I think it was 100MP + 10F so it might be a contender for cheapest.

USF Ambulance (mobile) is 250MP + 10F.

OKW Battlegroup Headquarters (tech) is 200MP + 25F (minus the truck).

Forward assembly is 200mp
2 Jun 2020, 06:42 AM

Honestly, I used to love using Elite Troops doctrine; but Grens simply don't have the pop they used to have.

With IS getting a significant buff, Riflemen getting a mid range buff, and Soviets getting 7-Man, and Ostruppen being 200, there really isn't a real reason to use Grens.

I wouldn't mind seeing stock Grens getting 5, costing 260, and Veteran Grens have a 6 man upgrade.

Allied Bois would lose their minds though.

If you insist a mainline infantry to be a 4 man squad, if they are squishy, they have to be lethal. Fallschirmjagers are a 4 man squad; but they have access to FG-42's.
2 Jun 2020, 10:40 AM

Honestly, I used to love using Elite Troops doctrine; but Grens simply don't have the pop they used to have.

With IS getting a significant buff, Riflemen getting a mid range buff, and Soviets getting 7-Man, and Ostruppen being 200, there really isn't a real reason to use Grens.

I wouldn't mind seeing stock Grens getting 5, costing 260, and Veteran Grens have a 6 man upgrade.

If you insist a mainline infantry to be a 4 man squad, if they are squishy, they have to be lethal. Fallschirmjagers are a 4 man squad; but they have access to FG-42's.

When you prematurely accuse the "other side" of overreacting to your proposed balance changes, it suggests that you have a guilty conscience and know in your heart that your proposed changes are lopsided.

And Falls are doctrinal elites, so of course grens look bad in comparison.
2 Jun 2020, 10:50 AM

With IS getting a significant buff

They literally are 5% more durable out of cover and can hit something on the move now, that's anything but significant.

Riflemen getting a mid range buff, and Soviets getting 7-Man, and Ostruppen being 200, there really isn't a real reason to use Grens.

A buff at range rifles were already roflstomping grens, grens were always roflstomping cons, now they are equals and only in late game.

No need to lose minds over impossible dreams, games from imaginationland do not carry over to live well :snfPeter:

Why do you think ost got best and earlierst support weapons and very early game reinforcement haltruck?

If you want to spam basic infantry, you are playing wrong faction.
2 Jun 2020, 18:21 PM

When you prematurely accuse the "other side" of overreacting to your proposed balance changes, it suggests that you have a guilty conscience and know in your heart that your proposed changes are lopsided.

Or it suggests that I simply tire of hearing 'OMG Axis OP'.

And your statement suggests that you have a guilty conscience, and that you ARE in fact one of the Allied Bois that would complain about it.

...See? No one likes having their psyche analyzed by armchair psychology.

3 Jun 2020, 12:38 PM

At the very least grenadiers should be allowed to build sandbags ... literally like every other faction in the game has.. and they all rape grens
3 Jun 2020, 12:52 PM

At the very least grenadiers should be allowed to build sandbags ... literally like every other faction in the game has.. and they all rape grens

Yep.
3 Jun 2020, 13:25 PM

Rifles cant build sandbags stock. So not true. Rifles are the only main line that cant build anything stock i believe.

This will only lead to people saying cons need a stock ai weapon upgrade. Because all other factions have it.

Its imo better to remove sandbags from volks and sections. Both are more powerfull then cons and grens, both get ai upgrades and sandbags, both are in between grens and cons hp wise.
3 Jun 2020, 14:54 PM

Rifles cant build sandbags stock. So not true. Rifles are the only main line that cant build anything stock i believe.

This will only lead to people saying cons need a stock ai weapon upgrade. Because all other factions have it.

Its imo better to remove sandbags from volks and sections. Both are more powerfull then cons and grens, both get ai upgrades and sandbags, both are in between grens and cons hp wise.

Normally I'd shoot back that Tommie need to be able to build cover to fight properly but that's a scrapped mechanic so waiting for sappers to arrive to have bags wouldn't be an issue I don't think scrap em from all but cons and ostroppen and out bags on all engineers but CE. seems straight forward enough
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS