Login

russian armor

Are the patches making this game progressively worse?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
12 Apr 2020, 13:56 PM
Donator 11

Cheaper grens isnt gonna give you more mapcontrol late game since all the suppresion and indirect fire that is on field at that point is gonna nuke them to stoneage. It's all about mapcontrol and Tiger was the only thing that gave that.
12 Apr 2020, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 13:56 PMspajn
Cheaper grens isnt gonna give you more mapcontrol late game since all the suppresion and indirect fire that is on field at that point is gonna nuke them to stoneage. It's all about mapcontrol and Tiger was the only thing that gave that.

New Brummboi is actually quite good. And the mp reduction on reinforce costs actually helps quite a bit.

I think the 28mp reinforce for Grens should have stayed instead of being moved back to T4, Gren starts are pathetically weak at the moment and have been for a looooong time.
12 Apr 2020, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 13:56 PMKatitof

I wouldn't really call Hans playing with twitch backers is a "fair share of pros", or when other pros do 24h streams and play 4v4 because their brains went into maintenance mode 6 hours ago.

To get to top 20 in 4v4 you have to have 3 friends with stable connection.
For top 10 you need to play at least 3 evenings in a week.
For top 1 you just need have players who are on top 200 level in 2v2.

Its not competitive mode, it never was, it'll never will be, yes, pros play it at times, no they don't do it seriously, outside of Hans, who is a bit too competitive for the mode anyway judging by his reactions there.

If that was true then the likes of Skippy (who has the gameskill of a potted plant at the best of times) would be top 20 years ago.

All modes need skill to break into the top 20.

12 Apr 2020, 15:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If that was true then the likes of Skippy (who has the gameskill of a potted plant at the best of times) would be top 20 years ago.

All modes need skill to break into the top 20.

That's only because the top 100 is plagued by the same people having slightly different team combinations. On 1v1 or 2v2 you at least have a certain chance to face someone who is at an equal level. Matchmaking on 3v3 and 4v4 is what other games call "rainbow games" (for those who use metals as level ranking).

Kat is in hyperbole mode. Add a 0 to that statement and it would be true. Reminder that top 200 should be around the top 3% or 5% of the playerbase.
12 Apr 2020, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 09:51 AMEuan
It can be frustrating to have to re-learn how to use units you thought you knew before. It can be especially painful when you develop cool non-meta strategies, and then whole unit or faction designs are thrown out of the window by the balance team and they become useless. It can be annoying that new commanders or units mess up some core aspects of the original design of the game (WFA...).

HOWEVER.

Without the balance patches, this game would have died years ago. Now, the game is probably in the most balanced state it's ever been. If you remember some of the crazy shit we've had over the years, invincible planes, literal win-button abilities, units that could take on armies by themselves...

It's maybe the best RTS ever developed and the changes to it are keeping it alive and interesting, and it's crazy hard to make such a complex game with asymmetric balance. So even if they don't get it perfect (and it can be annoying sometimes :p), I think we should say thanks to Relic and the community balance team for making such an awesome game :)

+1 well written
12 Apr 2020, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned

You do realise that Tightrope is actually on the balance team, right?

No, actually I DON'T know. It seems the balance team doesn't want people to know who's in it. All I know is that Miragefla and Sturmpanther are in it. Maybe Jae for Jett too, because someone said he's in it. And Jae is a massive OKW fanboy and there's someone in the team responsible for overbuffing a different doc OKW inf for the last three patches (JLI then falls then pfussies) and I'm gonna assume Jae is responsible for that.

And I'm surprised Tightrope didn't say anything after he tested falls vs lmg paras because the testing showed that the falls were massively overperforming for their cost and utility. I think Tightrope is one of the most level headed, technical, and factual CoH2 casters out there. Miragefla seems very neutral as well. But the others......
12 Apr 2020, 17:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Sorry princess but without 4vs4 Chads there would be no patch and CoH2 would have been left to grow dust like DoW3 a while back.

Be thankful for us, 4vs4 saved the playerbase.

4v4 "CHADS???!!!!!" ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME??? U 4v4 monkeys completely ruined the game balance because ya'll refuse to l2p.
12 Apr 2020, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned

New Brummboi is actually quite good.

C'mon man, stop exaggerating. The Brum basically went from 240 to 260 armor and 288 to 312 armor at vet 2. In other words, you're saying this change made the Brum go from unusable to "quite good?" Bal team didn't even revert armored skirts bonus which would have seen the Brum go from 260 to 333 at vet 2.

Several top level players have said the 240 Brum is basically a doctrinal unit, ie. they'd only get it if they had an Ele to back it up because double paks weren't sufficient. I doubt this would change with a 260 Brum.
12 Apr 2020, 17:15 PM

C'mon man, stop exaggerating. The Brum basically went from 240 to 260 armor and 288 to 312 armor at vet 2. In other words, you're saying this change made the Brum go from unusable to "quite good?"

I had a Brummboi yesterday with like 40HP, it bounced 2 max range Zis gun shots and 1 close range T34/76 shot and survived. And that's in a day full of life saving bounces. It gets my vote.

That's my opinion, feel free to disagree, but not to dispute it.
12 Apr 2020, 17:23 PM

I for one approve of the new cheaper Jagdtiger + IR HT spotter combo. Puts an end to always having the thing out of position and now I can set up kill zones for armor trying to rush my positions. Less risk of surprises too.....
12 Apr 2020, 17:23 PM

Permanently Banned

I had a Brummboi yesterday with like 40HP, it bounced 2 max range Zis gun shots and 1 close range T34/76 shot and survived. And that's in a day full of life saving bounces. It gets my vote.

That's my opinion, feel free to disagree, but not to dispute it.

So we're reverting to anecdotal evidence. Why don't u tell us how u cringe at its performance when allowed to free fire? Or that u need to micro it like a sniper if u wanna unlock its full potential.
12 Apr 2020, 17:24 PM

No, actually I DON'T know. It seems the balance team doesn't want people to know who's in it.

It's literally right there on top of the patch notes.
A special thanks to Miragefla and Sander93 is in order […]

Of course, a big thanks to the rest of the community balance team; Reporogue, Sturmpanther, Tightrope, Jae4Jett and support modders Nachocheese and Janne252. […]

Finally, big props to Osinyagov, Kasarov, and Sneakeye for UI art support, as well as for valuable testing input. Additionally, Sneakeye also provided a couple of nifty technical solutions for the update.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/287792#Comment_287792

And it's been detailed as far back as the New Commanders Patch.
12 Apr 2020, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned

It's literally right there on top of the patch notes.

Sorry I didn't notice. But thx for telling me who I need to insult when I'm unhappy. And thx for confirming that Jae IS LIKELY RESPONSIBLE for the abominations of doc inf that he introduced to OKW.
12 Apr 2020, 18:15 PM

So we're reverting to anecdotal evidence.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion based on personal experience. If you don't like it just move on.
12 Apr 2020, 18:37 PM

If there was no 4v4 people would be playing 3v3. If there was no 3v3 either then they’d be playing 2v2. Of course there would always be a more casual game mode, developers aren’t stupid.

In most games the casual audience is larger, coh2 isn’t special in this regard.

Not correct, many people play with friends, no game-modes no game.

And yes, only balancing for 1vs1 is the most stupid thing someone can do. Something balancing-team checked way too late. :P
12 Apr 2020, 18:43 PM

And yes, only balancing for 1vs1 is the most stupid thing someone can do. Something balancing-team checked way too late. :P

I'm not asking for 1v1 balancing, I'm asking for good balancing.
12 Apr 2020, 18:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Well this thread is a dumpster fire. Please everyone calm down and take a break from shitting on the balance team and each other.

/locked
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Russian Federation 79
unknown 51
United States 18
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias