Login

russian armor

High Skill USF gameplay is just so micro intensive

8 Apr 2020, 17:45 PM

Just using your post as a stepping stone to refer to the okw side of blobbing, contrast to OP’s USF blob complaint.

The saving grace of Fusilier blobs is their high munitions cost for upgrade and terrible performance until that upgrade and bad synergy with Luchs and Puma since you need munis for medkits. All of this makes Fusilier blobs uncommon in 1v1. In 2v2+ that’s not as much of a problem so you see them way more.

I will say this: I think Pfusies should lose the 6th man if they are to get G43s. Keep them as they are but without the extra man with the recon package.

+1
8 Apr 2020, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

blame the map & mode, not the faction.

There isnt too much ways to do crazy 1v1 style flanking in 2v2 on camping in the woods

There's also the fact that he is playing 2v2 random vs arranged team.

Nothing really unexpected here, there are like 10 extremely good players across all factions, 20 more good ones and then above average starts.

Top 100 in CoH isn't exactly same level as top 100 in starcraft or warcraft.

Fuzzi, DaPopeCoH, Zeva the angry Dutchman, JaeForJett (50+ with EF factions), Tightrope (40-56ish), TwistedTootsy (non usf), borobadger (40ish), Tiefflieger, Finnded, etc

Some of them have have 20ish ranks with some factions, but I think if they have 2 50ish ranks they qualify.

Now you can say they’re not well known, in which case I’d say that’s not up to you to decide since you don’t play 1s.

Nothing against those guys, but CoH is a small community game with a low skill floor (mechanically wise) and low to medium knowledge requirement game (outside of basics). From playing against those guys or simil rank wise i have the same appreciation.

I more or less follow closely the other 3 big other RTS (SC2, WC3 and AoE2) on top of occasionally tapping into other genres (fighting, FPS, MOBAs) so that's my point of comparison.

I like this quote to describe "skill" or genius:

There are two types of genius. Ordinary geniuses do great things, but they leave you room to believe that you could do the same if only you worked hard enough. Then there are magicians, and you can have no idea how they do it.

The beauty of CoH2 is that 99% of it, falls in the first category.
8 Apr 2020, 18:33 PM

by the way if anyone thinks that high-level blobbing -with not more than 3 squads- (compared to low-level rank 1000+ blobbers) is a noob strat that doesnt require skill or micro:

you're an idiot
8 Apr 2020, 18:48 PM

snip

That’s great, my point is that blobbing works perfectly well at high skill levels. That’s literally it, how you define high is a different discussion, but in the end I just provided my own experience with it.
8 Apr 2020, 18:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also, "blobbing" shouldn't be frown upon so much by the community.

It's like getting cannon(SC2)/tower (WC3/AoE2) and blaming the game.
8 Apr 2020, 20:19 PM

Also, "blobbing" shouldn't be frown upon so much by the community.

It's like getting cannon(SC2)/tower (WC3/AoE2) and blaming the game.

The problem with blobbing currently is that not all factions have good counters to it, whether it's disappointing MGs that don't suppress/group suppress or lack of rocket arty.
8 Apr 2020, 20:24 PM

The problem with blobbing currently is that not all factions have good counters to it, whether it's disappointing MGs that don't suppress/group suppress or lack of rocket arty.

Every single faction has HMG.
HMGs are more effective, the bigger crowd they are shooting at.

OKW, UKF and soviets have flame tanks.
Ost has blob nuker(brummbar) and THE best off-map against blobs, the pin plane loiter.
Ostwind is so overpoweringly good it needed a limit of hitting 2 models maximum.

All factions have very effective blob countering tools.
Counter doesn't mean "1 click and everything is wiped".
8 Apr 2020, 20:30 PM

Every single faction has HMG.
HMGs are more effective, the bigger crowd they are shooting at.

OKW, UKF and soviets have flame tanks.
Ost has blob nuker(brummbar) and THE best off-map against blobs, the pin plane loiter.
Ostwind is so overpoweringly good it needed a limit of hitting 2 models maximum.

All factions have very effective blob countering tools.
Counter doesn't mean "1 click and everything is wiped".

Ah yes the go-to blob counter, the flame hetzer. Good.
8 Apr 2020, 20:43 PM

Could we say that the word teamwork is a teamwork of 2 words?

In German it consists of 3 words. "Zusammenarbeit" = "Togetherwork" xD

Is this a troll thread?
8 Apr 2020, 20:59 PM

In German it consists of 3 words. "Zusammenarbeit" = "Togetherwork" xD

Is this a troll thread?

In spanish its also 3 words, ¨trabajo en equipo¨ but not quite together as they are spaced.:hansGG:
8 Apr 2020, 21:20 PM

Is this a troll thread?

No, very very serious. :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2020, 23:19 PM

CoH 2 is a blob fest in general because unless you have at least a pair of MG's setup and shooting at the blob the gunner is going to get killed and then you get decrewed and stolen. Issue is the power creep of mainline infantry in tandem with MG's excluding the 50 Cal and maybe the MG-42 not being able to suppress vetted infantry quickly enough to prevent them from getting shredded. Even then the 42 isn't super mobile and the 50 cal is kind of squishy so 50 Cal is better in an attack move style of play. It's a core fundamental problem with CoH 2. At least in CoH 1 the MG-42 was able to suppress allied blobs even though I can't say the same about the 30 Cal.
8 Apr 2020, 23:50 PM

Imagine defining teamwork as all units in one blob a move across the maps.

I understand OP here.

A poor balance design has invaded 2v2's, allowing low skill strategies, like an early blob to be rather succesfull. Even when it can be countered, there is no word about it being easy. Only those who are trolling say such things. This shows how biased some players are and how unconstructive their feedback really is.

To anyone that will undoubtely quote me for saying this, be warned. Any blatant denial or adhominem will prove my point right.

One thing is riflemen UP, other very different is riflemen balance promote stupid strategies.

I will punish the same way axis blobtard strategies. Its not the prupose of a fine tuned balance.
8 Apr 2020, 23:54 PM

Nobody would be complaining about blobs if indirect fire was more forgiving to individual squads but had more AoE. That way the MG would suppress and a mortar would lower the health of every squad on the blob.
9 Apr 2020, 00:46 AM

Nobody would be complaining about blobs if indirect fire was more forgiving to individual squads but had more AoE. That way the MG would suppress and a mortar would lower the health of every squad on the blob.

Would that help with Riflemen blobs though? I like the idea in general, but Riflemen don't exactly sit still very often, they're usually trying to push up into your face as much as possible
9 Apr 2020, 01:00 AM

Then people would complain about doubled up indirect fire wiping squads a la Pack Howie.
9 Apr 2020, 01:05 AM

Would that help with Riflemen blobs though? I like the idea in general, but Riflemen don't exactly sit still very often, they're usually trying to push up into your face as much as possible

I dunno, maybe some more AoE would help.

Whatever probably a super dumb idea. Don’t mind me.
9 Apr 2020, 01:08 AM

Whatever probably a super dumb idea. Don’t mind me.

I wouldn't say that, many AOE weapons in this game have been change in that exact way. ISU, 120mm mortar both got that treatment for example

They used to be able to 1 hit KO full health squads, now they reliably deal damage that's more spread out

9 Apr 2020, 01:10 AM

They used to be able to 1 hit KO full health squads, now they reliably deal damage that's more spread out

That's vaguely what I had in mind, spread out the AoE a tiny bit to make them more anti-blob.
9 Apr 2020, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I understand OP here.

A poor balance design has invaded 2v2's, allowing low skill strategies, like an early blob to be rather succesfull. Even when it can be countered, there is no word about it being easy. Only those who are trolling say such things. This shows how biased some players are and how unconstructive their feedback really is.

To anyone that will undoubtely quote me for saying this, be warned. Any blatant denial or adhominem will prove my point right.

One thing is riflemen UP, other very different is riflemen balance promote stupid strategies.

I will punish the same way axis blobtard strategies. Its not the prupose of a fine tuned balance.

That won't help at all. OP is playing random 2v2 against an arranged team and getting double teamed up in the first 4 mins of the game by a normal comp (3 rifles + officer) on a small map on which there's not much place to move around (Crossing).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★