Login

russian armor

Ram + Offmap combo needs to be nerfed

PAGES (13)down
10 Jun 2020, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 20:58 PMVipper

Well with amount of trolling going around unfortunately I find myself in a position to point when one of the suggestion I have made in the past suddenly becomes popular.

Even broken clock points correct time twice a day.

Generalist statement could become true with time, regardless of how incorrect it was at the time of making, unless you say something completely obvious.

You weren't the first one to say super heavy doctrines shouldn't have arty counters, in fact you're not even in top 100 of people who said it, that topic was open from the moment these units became meta, which was
much, much earlier then 2 years ago.
10 Jun 2020, 21:23 PM

Well with amount of trolling going around unfortunately I find myself in a position to point when one of the suggestion I have made in the past suddenly becomes popular.

I've always agreed that all in one commanders were bad design. I'd sooner a each faction have solid and balanced cores and have commanders flavor and flare (no not the okw flare). A refinement based on playstyle not dictated by the whims of what combination is always good.
10 Jun 2020, 21:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think there's a slight different. You approach things from a different design view while this is a specific change aimed toward a specific balance change.

ISU/Ele has always been top dogs in teamgames since release of the game, alternating them as 2nd options only when something else was stronger.

You could give all 3 a flame barrage/plane which would still fill a certain degree of offmap support but it would not obliterate howitzers, infantry/support weapons nor vehicles.
10 Jun 2020, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 21:06 PMKatitof

Generalist statement could become true with time, regardless of how incorrect it was at the time of making, unless you say something completely obvious.

You weren't the first one to say super heavy doctrines shouldn't have arty counters, in fact you're not even in top 100 of people who said it, that topic was open from the moment these units became meta, which was
much, much earlier then 2 years ago.

And I was wondering when the deprivation will become too much you will need your fix of trolling.

IL-2 is not simply an arty counter it is also a Heavy tank killer combined with ram.

10 Jun 2020, 21:35 PM

I think there's a slight different. You approach things from a different design view while this is a specific change aimed toward a specific balance change.

ISU/Ele has always been top dogs in teamgames since release of the game, alternating them as 2nd options only when something else was stronger.

You could give all 3 a flame barrage/plane which would still fill a certain degree of offmap support but it would not obliterate howitzers, infantry/support weapons nor vehicles.

That was what I had suggested replace the powerful off map with less powerful.
10 Jun 2020, 21:41 PM

I'd sooner they be replaced with something thematic to the commanders than just another off map, something weaker and less versatile so that picking these behemoths is a choice. Like straight up id put fucking rapid conscription into combined arms for isu Idgaf. Not sure what to put in jeager armour though. Granted elefant is less flexible than the isu so maybe even a stuka at strafe would tone down the commander and keep it thematic.
10 Jun 2020, 22:19 PM

Ram will most likely get nerfed, and then the next combo will be found and overused, then nerfed again. This cycle of nerfs is not healthy at all, I'd rather see a reworking than a change. Or people just adapting to the possibility of a ram if they spot a T34 - I've been doing that for the past two months, putting mines on every possible flank. Gotta play the games against people who have that commander loaded!

OTT: Honestly, I seriously do not believe that trying to appropriate ideas to further one's own agenda is healthy. Everyone has good ideas and suggestions and everyone in this forum has written them down in one way or another. The real credit goes to the mod team who implements and puts them into the code and into action. Grabbing away their hard work for some weird selfish pat on back is borderline trolling, selfish and enraging. Appreciate the modders and coders, not the random suggestions. Even a blind chicken finds corn..

10 Jun 2020, 22:52 PM

Okay but why? What does pointing that out accomplish? I think a lot of people had similar opinions about jaeger armor/mech assault for a long time now

I can't speak for armadillo but I'm fairly certain that wasn't trolling

With ram + offmap being as strong as it is, I don't think you'll find too many people who disagree with taking that ability off an already loaded commander
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 21:06 PMKatitof

Dude, get a hobby
10 Jun 2020, 23:29 PM

Okay but why? What does pointing that out accomplish? I think a lot of people had similar opinions about jaeger armor/mech assault for a long time now

I can't speak for armadillo but I'm fairly certain that wasn't trolling

With ram + offmap being as strong as it is, I don't think you'll find too many people who disagree with taking that ability off an already loaded commander

Dude, get a hobby

Of coarse I am not not talking about darkarmadillo when I say that are people trolling here, put two of the pop up a soon as I said that I had suggested removing those powerful off map when the the commander revamp was starting. Oddly the third member of the troll pack did not show up.

(If you can not figure out which two and need to me to tell you their name PM me)
11 Jun 2020, 03:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 21:35 PMVipper

That was what I had suggested replace the powerful off map with less powerful.

The post implied a wide change across the board. Not only on "OP" commanders. For example i don't see issues with Lighting commander. I think the main problem of EFA is having way too many commanders and not enough unique abilities to make each of them useful or fulfill a specific niche.

I think there's a difference between strong commanders and ones which basically makes 3/4 of the games modes revolve around. For 7 years.

Perfect 50/50 is impossible. Balance changes in any game are done to shake up stale metas and make game perception feel fair.

Ram + offmap is not an issue. A specific offmap on a certain commander which has been recently nerfed to the point that is no longer in the meta radar to the point that has been push aside as a minor issue TIL it refloats in the future.
11 Jun 2020, 04:55 AM

While I do agree that the ram and air strike combination is very potent, I don't believe that it is performing in a way that requires a serious nerf. For one, it's not a one-click wonder as some would grossly generalize it, since it can still be intercepted, and requires a good deal of initiative from the SU player.

It is also what I had always assumed to be part of the greater balance in the game in terms of SU handling Axis heavy armor. If that wasn't intended, I would be curious as to what was the original intention.
11 Jun 2020, 05:43 AM

It was mark target that is to blame. It allowed all abilities to work in a much more lethal way imo. I think it helped ISU penetrate and deal a lot of damage.
11 Jun 2020, 07:39 AM

The post implied a wide change across the board. Not only on "OP" commanders. For example i don't see issues with Lighting commander. I think the main problem of EFA is having way too many commanders and not enough unique abilities to make each of them useful or fulfill a specific niche.

I agree about about the number of abilities and commander.

I have explained in the post at the time one should try to bring all commander at about the same power level.

The combination of reckon flight and of map arty might be considered OP since it can counter on map howitzers. Yet is ok for "joint operation doctrine" but not ok for the much more powerful "Jaeger Armor doctrine".

If one try to balance "Jaeger Armor doctrine" without removing the stuka one will end up nerfing stuka (as it has already been done) and many weak commanders that have it.

As for the combination of Stuka loiter and Tiger in "lighting war" imo the problem start more in the defensive role of the ability and less in the offensive.

Stuka loiter can protect the Tiger from being swarmed by medium vehicles making the dependency on Heavy TDs even bigger. By removing from the commander one can keep the loiter effective for other commanders and allow multiple vehicles to counter the Tiger.

This is less of an issue currently because allied Tds are ones best option vs Tiger currently but if one want to create room for other strategies imo one should take into account this combo.

I think there's a difference between strong commanders and ones which basically makes 3/4 of the games modes revolve around. For 7 years.

Yes there is. As I have explained imo commander should be about equal power level and should offer advantage according to map, match up or suit better play style.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS