Login

russian armor

Ram + Offmap combo needs to be nerfed

PAGES (13)down
7 Apr 2020, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2020, 20:05 PMKoRneY

Okay. Was just curious. You called it the "stug immobilisation shot" so I was confused

Unfortunatly i tend to word what i want to say strangely. But i am glad it got cleared up.
7 Apr 2020, 22:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

By itself, the rocket strike is essentially 'on the curve' in comparison to other abilities.

It is not.
7 Apr 2020, 23:16 PM

This is an incredibly dangerous argument to make, as it opens the door to a lot of overpowered nonsense.

Back when the JT 2-shot most mediums? Just scout ahead and make sure not to approach it from the front.

Back when the OST mortar's barrage fired in full auto with laser precision? Just scout ahead and don't put weapon teams in range.

Back when Partisans/Falls/etc. could pop out of any building and use abilities instantly? Just put wire/mines on every door, and don't build your arty near buildings.

Balance arguments needs to be made around the ability, not the presence of the unit. Otherwise the counter to 99% of the things in the game turn into "just don't let your opponent get the unit".

Su-85s deal with heaviest just fine.

As was said, it's not at all the same. A mortar for example, sits behind your lines and deals death, not drives at and through it. It also costs substantially less.
The JT, again, as said, had 85 range. 85 range is quite a lot bigger than the 25-30(?) range of ram. More than twice and possibly more than 3x. It also does not consume the unit if it works OR if it fails.

Partisans I couldn't agree more. If you know the enemy can pop units out of there... Don't leave vulnerable units there. It's like setting up a mortar in a friendly mine field and complaining that fucks you up. That was entirely situational awareness. The only issue with it was retreat paths which are uncontrollable and grenades as that grants burst damage (the issues with infiltration were mostly fall issues due to bundled made and the amazing profile on the fg42, but ultimately could be countered by not making a target available)

But at any rate none of those really come anywhere close to literally kamikazing a tank into the enemy. A tank. Those things that cost fuel. And manpower. A lot of it actually. Kamikazing. Like sending it to its death. Sacrifice. Risking it for reward. If you will. Much greater risk even than barraging an area with a mortar.

Support your armour and the enemy can't freely drive up to your expensive unit and sacrifice itself to kill it.

This is like complaining that the satchel is too good against structures and refusing to do literally anything to stop the penal from getting there. Only throwing the satchel in the case blows up the squad.
8 Apr 2020, 05:10 AM

I think that the fact that the rams makes the tank 100% lost after it hits is being overweighted. It is part of the cost of the combo, of course. But there are two major differences of both sides "costs"

Axis heavy tanks roughly cost 200+Fu and 700 or so MP.
A T34 was 300Mp and 90Fu IIRC.
Munition cost depends of the skillplane used, but its 100/200Mu

Fu cost often means valuable map control. Strategic investment in the frontlines, or some stalling strategy.
Mp is related to the bleed control and combat exposure, more combat often means less Mp available.
Munitions is the secondary map control value, when fuel is not an option or its too risky.

A t34 is worth its price as long as it can fight infantry. Meaning it has some use even if the player invested into it. If the player is hoarding MP+Fu for a Su85 he can reactively choose to get the T34 to combo. If the Su player has 200 munitions he can reliably try to nuke a spotted heavy tank. A single Su85 will not be able to destroy, maybe displace a heavy tank.

The Ram+skillplane combo is a reactive move, it means you need a heavy tank first to nuke. You dont proactively go for the combo. Thats why you need some sort of counter or at least make it less cost efficient if its going to be as effective.

If anyone were to substract the net cost difference between the two units you get something like 400Mp and 110Fu divided those remaining 200 Mu.
Making each munition worth a 1Fu and 2Mp is what people should judge, not if the T34 is lost or not. Its uniqueness can be saved, but its the combo the issue, not the ram nor the skillplane.
8 Apr 2020, 05:20 AM

To be honest I would like to see all AT strafes turned into a manual aim deal

Stukas and p47 are pretty brainless compared to CoH1.

AI strafes can continue as auto attack unless you turn them into a anti support weapon or anti blob tool. Nobody complained about one ability countering five panzer elite squads each being strafed down to one man in vCoH
8 Apr 2020, 10:12 AM

What on Earth are you talking about?

Faust frequently disappears, or hits and doesn't do damage, making it not a 100% snare but a "spend munitions to spin the wheel" ability.

This has been complained about for years.
8 Apr 2020, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 10:12 AMDomine

Faust frequently disappears, or hits and doesn't do damage, making it not a 100% snare but a "spend munitions to spin the wheel" ability.

This has been complained about for years.

It's really not that frequent in my experience, this is exaggerating. Riflemen snare has been bugged for years too
8 Apr 2020, 15:57 PM

It's really not that frequent in my experience, this is exaggerating.

Faust missed yesterday vs Markov’s M3A1 in a 1v1 and cause me to later lose my Spios. It’s my fault and I should L2P I guess. I should have hacked the game to delete the M3A1, then I’d be a good player. /s
8 Apr 2020, 16:00 PM

Faust missed yesterday vs Markov’s M3A1 in a 1v1 and cause me to later lose my Spios. It’s my fault and I should L2P I guess

Oh please stop. That's not even fucking close to what I said...

Riflemen snare has been bugged for years. All I'm saying is it's not just grens, which Domine suggested
8 Apr 2020, 19:57 PM

Faust missed yesterday vs Markov’s M3A1 in a 1v1 and cause me to later lose my Spios. It’s my fault and I should L2P I guess. I should have hacked the game to delete the M3A1, then I’d be a good player. /s

And it has hit the remaining thousand times during games played within that hour.
8 Apr 2020, 20:36 PM

Oh please stop. That's not even fucking close to what I said...

Riflemen snare has been bugged for years. All I'm saying is it's not just grens, which Domine suggested

No one said anything about riflemen or grens, infact these two words don't even appear in my posts.

But I like how there's nothing being done about it despite being ridiculously easy to fix :romeoPls:
8 Apr 2020, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 20:36 PMDomine

But I like how there's nothing being done about it despite being ridiculously easy to fix :romeoPls:

If it were easy to fix they would've done it already? Have you ever read patchnotes? The amount of bugs an average patch addresses is crazy. There are many that have been in the game for years
8 Apr 2020, 21:38 PM

If it were easy to fix they would've done it already? Have you ever read patchnotes? The amount of bugs an average patch addresses is crazy. There are many that have been in the game for years

>replace panzerfaust and riflenade with soviet AT-nade

there you go
8 Apr 2020, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 21:38 PMDomine

>replace panzerfaust and riflenade with soviet AT-nade

there you go

Not sure if trolling or if you really think that would ever be accepted by Relic.
8 Apr 2020, 22:10 PM

Not sure if trolling or if you really think that would ever be accepted by Relic.

Mix of both I think
9 Apr 2020, 15:26 PM

Ahh yes, the proposal of a simple, tried and tested, and easy to implement fix to a dateless problem, truly the most heinous of all trolls!

You are admitting it would be easy to fix and the only problem is relic's reluctance to balance the game properly. A sneer at all these people desperately trying to fix lelic's broken mess, and on a voluntary basis at that.

Still, highly amusing how quickly Soviet style snares have been added to UKF, whereas it seems inconceivable to apply the same to other factions. You could even keep the animations, just change the projectile!

But what am I saying. Why make it easy, when the even easier option of ignoring it remains open to all.
9 Apr 2020, 16:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2020, 15:26 PMDomine

Ahh yes, the proposal of a simple, tried and tested, and easy to implement fix to a dateless problem, truly the most heinous of all trolls!

You are admitting it would be easy to fix and the only problem is relic's reluctance to balance the game properly. A sneer at all these people desperately trying to fix lelic's broken mess, and on a voluntary basis at that.

Still, highly amusing how quickly Soviet style snares have been added to UKF, whereas it seems inconceivable to apply the same to other factions. You could even keep the animations, just change the projectile!

But what am I saying. Why make it easy, when the even easier option of ignoring it remains open to all.

No, it's the same concept as replacing the Maxim with an MG42 because they can't change animations to fix deathloop.
They are not gonna remove content because once in a while it bugs out.

Also, are you a modder? Cause i don't know if Grens models have the animation for doing the AT grenade throw.
10 Apr 2020, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2020, 15:26 PMDomine

Seems to me like you're sneering at them just as much. You really think the modders haven't considered this? Since its "so easy" like you said, this change probably isn't acceptable to Relic
11 Apr 2020, 15:04 PM

No, it's the same concept as replacing the Maxim with an MG42 because they can't change animations to fix deathloop.
They are not gonna remove content because once in a while it bugs out.

Also, are you a modder? Cause i don't know if Grens models have the animation for doing the AT grenade throw.

They do have the AT grenade throw. It's ingame and even used. Even if they wouldn't have, you could simply have the pfaust projectile replaced by a nade. Same ability, different animation, equal outcome.

11 Apr 2020, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 15:04 PMDomine
They do have the AT grenade throw. It's ingame and even used. Even if they wouldn't have, you could simply have the pfaust projectile replaced by a nade. Same ability, different animation, equal outcome.

If you are so confident that it can be done and that it will work. Do it. Make the game better for all of us.

Making a mod has infinite more chances of seeing a change implemented than just saying "make this and it will work".
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS