Login

russian armor

Caches for OKW

29 Mar 2020, 14:43 PM

Is there a reason, why OKW cant build fuel and ammo caches? I my opinion this hasnt anything to do with asymetrical balance, since any other nation can build it.

They would add new strats in every Gamemode and cant be spammed because of 250mp cost and the punishment of not building units for the mp.
29 Mar 2020, 14:47 PM

Is there a reason, why OKW cant build fuel and ammo caches? I my opinion this hasnt anything to do with asymetrical balance, since any other nation can build it.

They would add new strats in every Gamemode and cant be spammed because of 250mp cost and the punishment of not building units for the mp.

The reason why was that OKW used have a significantly reduced fuel income when it was released(times .66 iirc) and were characterised by that. Caches would obv go against this
29 Mar 2020, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2020, 14:47 PMDomine

The reason why was that OKW used have a significantly reduced fuel income when it was released(times .66 iirc) and were characterised by that. Caches would obv go against this

This design would be outdated by now, am i right?
29 Mar 2020, 15:07 PM

Yes, by several years
29 Mar 2020, 15:34 PM

OKW still have the non-doc ability to salvage wrecks/team weapons for 5 FU and abandoned vehicles for something like 15 FU.

In teamgames with a OST, it's very hard to fight an OKW who's supported by OST fuel caches.

There's also the 221 lockdown upgrade that doubles a point's resource income but that's doc only. As is the improved salvage ability.
29 Mar 2020, 15:41 PM

So is vet5 by this point. It's a faction trait. Like salvage, gettingen officers with tech and that sort of thing.
29 Mar 2020, 16:46 PM

So is vet5 by this point. It's a faction trait. Like salvage, gettingen officers with tech and that sort of thing.
Is there even any good to vet 5? Afaik OKW was neutered into being just harder to obtain vet 3.
29 Mar 2020, 17:12 PM

Is there even any good to vet 5? Afaik OKW was neutered into being just harder to obtain vet 3.

Not a lot no. Some units get some nice bonusses though. Passive healing is pretty good for example. Of course its a farcry from release okw.
29 Mar 2020, 18:01 PM

For volks?
Not really.
For literally anything else?
Yes.
OKW vet3 is roughly the same as other factions vet3, vet4 and 5 offers powerful utilities instead of raw stats it used to.
OKW is themed after resource starved german forces during battle of the bulge, ubermenschium is in short supply right now to the point, where falls have ate last bits and effects are wearing off with next patch.
29 Mar 2020, 18:25 PM

I mean Puma has map hack at vet 5 and JP4 gets crazy good from camo. Luchs has suppression. Fusiliers get sprint. Kubel gets replaced by Konigstiger. Pretty good I'd say.
29 Mar 2020, 18:45 PM

I mean Puma has map hack at vet 5 and JP4 gets crazy good from camo. Luchs has suppression. Fusiliers get sprint. Kubel gets replaced by Konigstiger. Pretty good I'd say.

Don't forget obers suppression and passive healing for volks
29 Mar 2020, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My suggestion would be to let either T1 or T2 have an upgrade which would let them "turn" into a kind of cache. It would require it to be on a strat point and for starters it wouldn't provide resources to teammates (just like Opel).
29 Mar 2020, 20:10 PM

My suggestion would be to let either T1 or T2 have an upgrade which would let them "turn" into a kind of cache. It would require it to be on a strat point and for starters it wouldn't provide resources to teammates (just like Opel).

I'd generally allow all their trucks to have some upgrade button making them generate x1.5 resources from a given point (cost 100-200mp)
29 Mar 2020, 20:22 PM

Or how about we remove all caches since they go against the game design, mess up tech timings even more (esp. in team games) and are an all around lame mechanic?
29 Mar 2020, 20:25 PM

Or how about we remove all caches since they go against the game design, mess up tech timings even more (esp. in team games) and are an all around lame mechanic?

In 1v1 they are ok. You decide to give up some battlefield presence in favour of having slightly more resources later on. Cool risk/reward feature.
29 Mar 2020, 21:02 PM

I thought OKW having 5 star veteran ranks and no caches was what made them unique
29 Mar 2020, 21:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

In 1v1 they are ok. You decide to give up some battlefield presence in favour of having slightly more resources later on. Cool risk/reward feature.

Agree here. The issue is more every cache effects every team member instead of just the player planting it.
30 Mar 2020, 00:18 AM

Agree here. The issue is more every cache effects every team member instead of just the player planting it.

That exactly seems to be the real problem
30 Mar 2020, 00:24 AM

ive always liked the idea of the trucks acting as caches, but they have the 223 now doctrinally so i really wouldnt want to see okw with all 3 stacking AND ost caches in a team game.... it would not be a good look for balance

ultimately, okw has been balanced without caches, throwing them in at this point would break the faction
30 Mar 2020, 00:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

ive always liked the idea of the trucks acting as caches, but they have the 223 now doctrinally so i really wouldnt want to see okw with all 3 stacking AND ost caches in a team game.... it would not be a good look for balance

ultimately, okw has been balanced without caches, throwing them in at this point would break the faction

Not caches but reminder that they had resource manipulation on the mechanised truck. You would convert fuel to muni or viceversa.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★