Login

russian armor

Flamethrowe for Penal again?

How about PPsh package ability allow Penal upgrade Flamethrowe?
Option Distribution Votes
14%
83%
3%
Total votes: 35
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Mar 2020, 13:15 PM

Add to Consript PPsh package or some other commander ability
29 Mar 2020, 13:20 PM

6 men with flamer and great DPS at all range is a no.
29 Mar 2020, 13:44 PM

No, just remove the Penals from T1, transfer them to the “Rapid Conscript” as an Osttruppen analog, give a merger and give the Conscripts 6 SVT-40 upgrade, remove merge. Penals have no place in the infantry system of the USSR. The Penals always overlap other infantry units: Engineers due to flamethrower and explosives, Conscripts as the main infantry, the Guard due to PTRS and sticky explosives.
29 Mar 2020, 13:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd say no to Penal flamethrowers.

It would be nice though if commanders in general would not push for a specific tech tier, and the PPsh upgrade does push you into T2 to get the most of it. Bundling something for Penals would be nice, put since they are already strong enough, it has to be a side-grade like the PTRS, not an upgrade. Maybe just give PPsh to them, too. People basically don't use it anyways, but hey, it's something.
29 Mar 2020, 13:59 PM

It worked when penals were just better cons who still sucked hard at long range.

It shouldn't come back.
29 Mar 2020, 15:38 PM

No, just remove the Penals from T1, transfer them to the “Rapid Conscript” as an Osttruppen analog, give a merger and give the Conscripts 6 SVT-40 upgrade, remove merge. Penals have no place in the infantry system of the USSR. The Penals always overlap other infantry units: Engineers due to flamethrower and explosives, Conscripts as the main infantry, the Guard due to PTRS and sticky explosives.

I really, really like the idea and the reasoning behind it. My only worry is that then T1 would only contain the scout car and the sniper, and that these two units on their own are not enough to make a T1-strategy attractive/viable. Maybe lock the conscript upgradeability behind building T1?
29 Mar 2020, 15:39 PM

Penals are way too different now, and soviets already have a flamethrower squad
29 Mar 2020, 15:50 PM

I really, really like the idea and the reasoning behind it. My only worry is that then T1 would only contain the scout car and the sniper, and that these two units on their own are not enough to make a T1-strategy attractive/viable. Maybe lock the conscript upgradeability behind building T1?

Before the Penalties received PTRS, if you built T1 you took the Guard commanders, for the obvious reason - T1 does not have AT support. I think that need to put the Guard in T1 (of course, if you take the Guard commander)
29 Mar 2020, 15:59 PM

Before the Penalties received PTRS, if you built T1 you took the Guard commanders, for the obvious reason - T1 does not have AT support. I think that need to put the Guard in T1 (of course, if you take the Guard commander)

This is also a very good idea! :thumb:
29 Mar 2020, 16:01 PM

Ahh yes, clearly the M3/flamer CE combo isn't obnoxious enough in its current state. Let's bring back the old Clown Car combo.....
29 Mar 2020, 17:57 PM

Ahh yes, clearly the M3/flamer CE combo isn't obnoxious enough in its current state. Let's bring back the old Clown Car combo.....

Penals in M3 was never optimal, flamer or not.
It was always CE personal ride, which they have shared for short time at release with snipers.
29 Mar 2020, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2020, 17:57 PMKatitof

Penals in M3 was never optimal, flamer or not.
It was always CE personal ride, which they have shared for short time at release with snipers.

*Shudders at the mention of the Sniper Car*
29 Mar 2020, 21:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Checks thread.
Sees that the No options is not at +90%
SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L