Login

russian armor

Light recon vehicles comparrison.

18 Mar 2020, 08:54 AM

Recently started playing 1vs1 as OKW, so might be a bit biased due to only played as 1 faction (ranked 670 +/- atm).

I always thought that the Kubelwagen was the counterpart of the British universal carrier, the Russian M3A1 or the American WC51 but the kubelwagen seems to get out gunned by all of them.

Is this intended or shouldn't I make this comparrison?
18 Mar 2020, 09:03 AM

Kubelwagen is a lot weaker than any other light vechicle when it comes to combat, but to compensate it's super cheap at 210 mp and has acces to a very useful vet 1 ability which shows you units through fog of war on the minimap.
18 Mar 2020, 09:12 AM

Also kubel has nice capping speed
18 Mar 2020, 09:39 AM

Hmm, true that.

Yesterday I had a game at which I chose to go for a battlegroupe HQ instead of the Mechanised vs Brits. But at 6 minutes (and after I showed him my ISG) the brit pops a UC at me. The raketten I had managed to miss 4 shots in a row (1 of them vs a obstacle).

In the long run I lost the game and it felt like it was the UC that got him the victory, since it burned my infantry pretty hard (vickers upgrade ofc.).

Was it the wrong HQ I chose or just the RNG that decide I should've lost :P ?
18 Mar 2020, 11:03 AM

Hmm, true that.

Yesterday I had a game at which I chose to go for a battlegroupe HQ instead of the Mechanised vs Brits. But at 6 minutes (and after I showed him my ISG) the brit pops a UC at me. The raketten I had managed to miss 4 shots in a row (1 of them vs a obstacle).

In the long run I lost the game and it felt like it was the UC that got him the victory, since it burned my infantry pretty hard (vickers upgrade ofc.).

Was it the wrong HQ I chose or just the RNG that decide I should've lost :P ?

I think you just got unlucky, I never saw a raketen miss 4 shots in a row, though it sometimes hits terrain and misses because of it. Also, starting with battlegroupe HQ is usually worse than with mechanised, simply because mechanised gives you a devastating combo of puma, panzer 2 and stuka zu fuss, which can deal with just about any danger, while battlegroupe offers mostly utility (leig, infrared halftrack) which is nowhere as powerful.
18 Mar 2020, 11:34 AM

Hmm, do like the healing tho.

Shall keep the mechanized in thought for tonight :P
18 Mar 2020, 13:20 PM

kübelwagon sacrifices the firepower of the bren for capping and shared vet. It is quite usefull on open maps for fast capping supporting sturms and pushing infantry out of cover.

bren on the other hand is similar to the kübelwagon without upgrates but gets much stronger once the upgrate comes at hand. You should try to lure the bren with kübel into rkten and counter it like this.
18 Mar 2020, 13:22 PM

First of all, UC is NOT recon vehicle with its 35 sight. Recons always have 50 and more with vet.
18 Mar 2020, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2020, 11:03 AMmaahowl

I think you just got unlucky, I never saw a raketen miss 4 shots in a row, though it sometimes hits terrain and misses because of it. Also, starting with battlegroupe HQ is usually worse than with mechanised, simply because mechanised gives you a devastating combo of puma, panzer 2 and stuka zu fuss, which can deal with just about any danger, while battlegroupe offers mostly utility (leig, infrared halftrack) which is nowhere as powerful.

This is all true but indirect is literally uncounterable for brits and super annoying to deal with when you have nothing but infantry that have the worst moving penalties in the game and machine guns.
18 Mar 2020, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2020, 13:22 PMKatitof
First of all, UC is NOT recon vehicle with its 35 sight. Recons always have 50 and more with vet.

It’s a name kaitof
18 Mar 2020, 19:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The kubel is it's own thing and not comparable to any other unit. Mostly because it can cap (at a faster rate) and shared vet (when it survives early game you use it for it's abilities to scout and cap).

I'll say it's better against this factions in this order: USF > UKF > SU due to how effective and the counters. Against USF, because the only thing they have is doctrinally the WC. You can bully by pushing Rifles and assaulting with SP.
Against UKF they can counter it with Bren but they still have less map presence due to IS.
Against SU either Cons opening or T1 with M3 makes it way less effective.

About Battle vs Mechanised. If you are playing 1v1, the +80% of the people open up first with mechanised and play with P2 + Puma. Get used to using the SP healing medkit.
And the majority will skip Battle HQ all together and just go for Flak HQ and tanks.
19 Mar 2020, 09:22 AM

This is all true but indirect is literally uncounterable for brits and super annoying to deal with when you have nothing but infantry that have the worst moving penalties in the game and machine guns.

Exactly why I used to start with the ISG, to bomb the vickers (which often gets garrisoned) or to counter a mortar pit. (Number of games is still limited at only 16 games tho)

Usefull tips~

VS soviets I do use the mechanised opening because it feels like I really need that P2. VS other factions the ISG or Flak HT mostly do well enough. Shall try both options a couple of times.

Overall the 1v1 feels like a whole different game than the 2v2 or 4v4 I played previously.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★