Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
20 Mar 2020, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 06:50 AMmrgame2

Well said brother.
There was too much ost whiners and they got a win with needless brumbar buff

Never play Wehrmacht do you. Armor buff wasn't necessary, but it should've gotten its range back to 50.

I kind of agree with this. The British Mortar pit was nerfed to require user imput for precisely the same reason, yet in team games you can set your howitzer to auto fire and it will take out katies randomly with no effort required.

Katy is to fast to hit and the howitser is really inaccurate, if your katy got hit by a howitser on 'counter-barrage' you didn't give your katy a shift-order to move after your barrage.

Inreturn Allies have Priest or Sexton in team games which are far more anoying to Axis players.

Which can also fire from their base, and the howitsers can't be build there.
20 Mar 2020, 11:19 AM

Never play Wehrmacht do you. Armor buff wasn't necessary, but it should've gotten its range back to 50.

Back to 50?
It never had 50 range.
20 Mar 2020, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 11:19 AMKatitof

Back to 50?
It never had 50 range.

Thought it was nerfed 50 -> 35? Not that keen on previous patches... Only experienced that the brumbar has to get real close before it can shoot.
20 Mar 2020, 11:36 AM

Katy is to fast to hit and the howitser is really inaccurate, if your katy got hit by a howitser on 'counter-barrage' you didn't give your katy a shift-order to move after your barrage.

Inreturn Allies have Priest or Sexton in team games which are far more anoying to Axis players.

It is not about a howitzer countering a katy, its about it countering everything else.

you toggle on the ability and you dont need to micro it anymore. mortars, pak howis and everything else gets counterd without you having to do anything.

it has no place in 2020
20 Mar 2020, 11:41 AM

still, it require no input rather than get to vet1. take a loock at cancer regiment's base howi counter battery, it have limited range, sometime dont work and lockout production, yet still being a timer and cost muni to use. It used to be togger but was change for good reasons, it is time for axis counter batt to change, too.

It requires an expensive unit to sit idle and wait for an enemy to trigger the ability. Huuuuge difference. A unit sitting there... Taking up pop cap and COULD be barrageing but is instead waiting.... It's like an AT gun sitting in Camo. Ain't gunna do fuck all of you don't trigger it.

20 Mar 2020, 11:44 AM

Thought it was nerfed 50 -> 35? Not that keen on previous patches... Only experienced that the brumbar has to get real close before it can shoot.

It had standard 40 range.
20 Mar 2020, 11:52 AM

It requires an expensive unit to sit idle and wait for an enemy to trigger the ability. Huuuuge difference. A unit sitting there... Taking up pop cap and COULD be barrageing but is instead waiting.... It's like an AT gun sitting in Camo. Ain't gunna do fuck all of you don't trigger it.

in any gamemode beside 1v1 the ablitiy is broken
20 Mar 2020, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 11:52 AMTheMux2

Because you can't beat it? Really feels like a 'learn2play' situation.

Did use this in 4vs4 against some USF player, he had 1 Priest and killed 3 of my howitsers on counter barrage mode. Since then I'm never using the counter barrage mode again, regular barrage is way better.

Still, whats your suggestion to compensate the loss on the units you're removing it from? Mortar/Pwerfer/Howitser.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 11:44 AMKatitof

It had standard 40 range.

Hmm, felt like a bigger difference. Still I think that would've been better than the armor buff.
20 Mar 2020, 12:00 PM

Because you can't beat it? Really feels like a 'learn2play' situation.

Hahaha good joke. its not that i cant beat it.

it costs no muni and does too much without any micro. its an outdated ability

Still, whats your suggestion to compensate the loss on the units you're removing it from? Mortar/Pwerfer/Howitser.

Why would the howi need a new ability? the sov one didnt get a new one either?

for mortars? mmm maybe something with a rapid fire ability for muni?

and we can give the pwerfer creeping barrage
20 Mar 2020, 12:05 PM

Hmm, felt like a bigger difference. Still I think that would've been better than the armor buff.

It lost the range, because its disgustingly accurate with attack ground and 40 range would allow shooting into FoW.
It basically means that team weapons and ATGs can't be used when its on field, that's why it got range cut.
You can't have decent range and amazing accuracy on a unit that 1-2 shoots 6 man squads.
20 Mar 2020, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 12:00 PMTheMux2

Hahaha good joke. its not that i cant beat it.

it costs no muni and does too much without any micro. its an outdated ability

Why would the howi need a new ability? the sov one didnt get a new one either?

for mortars? mmm maybe something with a rapid fire ability for muni?

and we can give the pwerfer creeping barrage

yeah lets cut core features from factions... (6Man weapon crews gone, crew repair pop out gone, brace gone... sounds good to mee:D)

nearly every playable SU commander has one Point click and remove option...

As US just go for Priest or calliope

as brits just go for Saxon.
20 Mar 2020, 12:11 PM

yeah lets cut core features from factions... (6Man weapon crews gone, crew repair pop out gone, brace gone... sounds good to mee:D)

nearly every playable SU commander has one Point click and remove option...

As US just go for Priest or calliope

as brits just go for Saxon.

Do i need to remind you that the core of USF/okw was reworked? cutting core features isnt anything new here.

It should atleast cost muni and not be a toggle.

your argument is an incredible strawman.
20 Mar 2020, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 12:11 PMTheMux2

Do i need to remind you that the core of USF/okw was reworked? cutting core features isnt anything new here.

It should atleast cost muni and not be a toggle.

your argument is an incredible strawman.

And ? its a good abilty with drawbacks not even as good as crew repairs or 6Man untis

Than lets make crew pop out cost muni... maybe 20 ?

this ist just a L2P problem... from someone who got beaten by this.
20 Mar 2020, 12:25 PM

There's a huge difference from a 400mp unit coming out at 5min having no micro and a 400mp and 50fuel one once at vet 1being able to shoot at units that barrage if it's not already on cool down.

Wanna know how to make CB useless? Get a mortar and fire it before you fire your Katy. It'll draw the fire and you can just move it.

400mp vs 400mp/50fuel is not a huge difference.

Large team games are full of arty and yet somehow I still regulary end up with 2-3 vehicle kills on a howitzer without me having to do do anything for it. I would much prefer to see a Cooldown reduction or number of shell increase or literally any stat bonus or even a cool new ability at vet 1 rather than a "press button and forget".
20 Mar 2020, 12:30 PM

Counterbarrage gets triggered the moment the Katies barrage ability gets used. It's not fast enough to dodge. I'm not just saying this as someone who has lost katies to it, but also as someone who himself always puts the howitzer on counter barrage for this specific reason when I have Soviets playing against me in team games.
20 Mar 2020, 12:32 PM

It kind of is.

Large team games

And that's the difference, resource inflation in 4v4.

Ability itself is fine. While it is auto-counter, you can't really barrage where you want.
20 Mar 2020, 13:03 PM

And ? its a good abilty with drawbacks not even as good as crew repairs or 6Man untis

Than lets make crew pop out cost muni... maybe 20 ?

this ist just a L2P problem... from someone who got beaten by this.

Nothing l2p, i can counter it.

you even say so yourself that it has no drawbacks.

also the argument that crew repairs or 6 man units are better has nothing to do with the OPness of it

you are comparing core faction design vs 1 commander unit
20 Mar 2020, 13:45 PM

Forgetting population costs? Howitzers have almost twice the popcost at 15 vs 8 on the mortar pit
20 Mar 2020, 14:14 PM

Did use this in 4vs4 against some USF player, he had 1 Priest and killed 3 of my howitsers on counter barrage mode.
damn triple lefh on counter barrage mode sounds like cancer
20 Mar 2020, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 11:52 AMTheMux2

In any game mode beyond 1v1 there is no excuse because you should have the ability to recon and nuke it out of existence. YOU being unable to counter it doesn't mean it's broken.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS