Login

russian armor

How to: Set up a CoH2 multiplayer map

1 Dec 2013, 09:44 AM

oh, weird... so they come out at random spots of the map entry's spots for player 1 (or whomever is assigned to be the ter owner team they are on)?

okie doke... that makes it easy. thanks!

Not random, they always choose the mapentry point that is the closed to the rally point or when not rally point set, the closed to the building :)
3 Dec 2013, 00:44 AM
Patrion 26

I can`t save them map, tells me the map is located out of all know scenario locations
3 Dec 2013, 06:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

thats a known bug since the last hotfix patch. Eagleheart said they're going to fix it with the next patch.
12 Dec 2013, 13:36 PM

I have the same problem, the map is not saved ...
25 Dec 2013, 11:42 AM
Donator 11

So I know you can turn objects around the Y axes using the shift key, but is there any way you can also turn objects around the x and z axes?
25 Dec 2013, 12:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You can use "h" to increase the height of objects.
And if you put objects on uneven terrain you can use the "autoalign" function to tilt them but I don't know if you can do it manually.
16 Jun 2014, 21:04 PM

Check out the menu "Scenarios/Teams" and assign the correct players to the correct teams.

What about when you have a 3v3 map. What happens to the extra 2 boxes in Team dialogue. What do u assign to which team the other 2 boxes so u have no enemy teams starting on your territory??
16 Jun 2014, 22:23 PM

What about when you have a 3v3 map. What happens to the extra 2 boxes in Team dialogue. What do u assign to which team the other 2 boxes so u have no enemy teams starting on your territory??

1000 : team 1
1001 : team 1
1002 : team 1
1003 : team 2
1004 : team 2
1005 : team 2
1006 : team 1
1007 : team 2
17 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM

1000 : team 1
1001 : team 1
1002 : team 1
1003 : team 2
1004 : team 2
1005 : team 2
1006 : team 1
1007 : team 2

Okay, thx for the reply IronMedic.
13 Sep 2014, 03:07 AM

Hey, I do not know what category this fits in, but when ever I try to play my latest exported map (Have made two maps before this) it does not showw up within company of heroes 2 map list, nor the workshop list, help?
16 Sep 2014, 13:22 PM

Tyknapp, you most likely have one of two possible problems.

The map name is not named, under scenario properties. If this is the case, then your map is in the list, but is a blank line, that is selectable. If it is your most recent added map, it should be at the bottom.

Possibility two, is your map and containing folder are named/format incorrectly. Spaces, parenthesis, and special characters are not recognized correctly in the exporting process.
Example: "Your Map Name 6p\Your Map Name 6p.sgb"
The first half is the folder name, after the \ is the file name, this file would not export correctly.
Correct Example: "Your_Map_Name\Your_Map_Name_6p.sgb".
The use of _ to replace spaces and parenthesis corrects the error. Just open your map, "save as" the correct name format, in a dedicated folder with the exact name as the file.

Let me know how it works out for you.
22 Sep 2014, 02:26 AM

I tried doing what you said, saved it with a new name, soon after deleted the old ones. You know whats weird, the old ones show up now on my game list, and they are playable, but not the way I intended. They are completly deleted from the COH2 folder, and yet they are now here... Anyways, nothing worked, so, any other ideas?
23 Sep 2014, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 02:26 AMTyknapp
I tried doing what you said, saved it with a new name, soon after deleted the old ones. You know whats weird, the old ones show up now on my game list, and they are playable, but not the way I intended. They are completly deleted from the COH2 folder, and yet they are now here... Anyways, nothing worked, so, any other ideas?

Previously your "mod project file"(mapname.sgb) was incorrectly named and was therefore not exported correctly. The reason why the old "incorrect" map name is displayed in game is when you first created your "mod project file" you gave it a name and this name was automatically added as the maps name in game and it dose not have the same restrictions as the "mod project file"s name. To change the name that is displayed in game go to"Scenario->Scenario properties" and enter in the map name.
24 Sep 2014, 02:09 AM

Previously your "mod project file"(mapname.sgb) was incorrectly named and was therefore not exported correctly. The reason why the old "incorrect" map name is displayed in game is when you first created your "mod project file" you gave it a name and this name was automatically added as the maps name in game and it dose not have the same restrictions as the "mod project file"s name. To change the name that is displayed in game go to"Scenario->Scenario properties" and enter in the map name.

Yeah, that is what I have been trying to do, that is what I have done, but it does the same thing over and over.
5 Jun 2015, 08:19 AM

How does it work properly? This is the area also ingame Not accessible

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=0f0cd7-1433492878.png

21 May 2016, 10:03 AM

hello all, please help. when I start play on my map, game on pause. I can unpause if push pause break, but that not good. how to avoid it?
22 May 2016, 23:10 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 10:03 AMRichi
hello all, please help. when I start play on my map, game on pause. I can unpause if push pause break, but that not good. how to avoid it?

so your map is finished?

publish your map to friends only and add me on steam. then we can try together

i dont understand what you mean by paue and unpause
7 Dec 2017, 20:58 PM

is there a way to resize an existing map? I have a map that I made a while ago and I want to enlarge it but I dont know how to go about it.
7 Dec 2017, 23:18 PM

is there a way to resize an existing map? I have a map that I made a while ago and I want to enlarge it but I dont know how to go about it.

One of the pros can answer this fully. But I think you want to open the original map and create a STAMP of it. Then create a new map of the correct size and paste the STAMP onto it. I deleted the game so I cant give you the exact keystrokes. When you make the stamp there are bunch of checkboxes so you can select what you want to make a copy of.

You may get an idea from MonolithicBacons video HERE
19 Dec 2017, 05:07 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Rosbone is correct, however the stamp tool is buggy at best and sometimes just doesn't capture things. Especially height and tiles. So you will still have to do a lot of the ground work again and you will have to repaint and add your tiles. That is if it even works for you, gl.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★