Login

russian armor

How to: Set up a CoH2 multiplayer map

14 Nov 2013, 16:33 PM

Check out the menu "Scenarios/Teams" and assign the correct players to the correct teams.

the right players are already assigned so i don't get how that should solve the "i can't build buildings in game" problem.
14 Nov 2013, 16:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. I am not talking about player assignment to starting positions, but i am talking about player assignment to teams

if you're assigned to the wrong team you cannot build in that sector.
14 Nov 2013, 16:58 PM

yes that screen but it doesn't seem to work, it says 1000-1007 but when i select a starting_point i get 1001-1008 (shifted +1) so in each territory point the 2 players are team mates.
14 Nov 2013, 17:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

on my map i have player 1 and 2 in team 1 and player 3 and 4 in team 2. the screenshot shows how to assign them. so it is indeed shifted by 1
14 Nov 2013, 17:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

nice thread btw and can't way for bois de chalet i think it will flow much better in coh2. more vehicle play.
14 Nov 2013, 17:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:06 PMWiFiDi
nice thread btw and can't way for bois (for coh2.)

already there ;)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/10430/2-4-crossing-in-the-woods
14 Nov 2013, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 16:58 PMsjaak
yes that screen but it doesn't seem to work, it says 1000-1007 but when i select a starting_point i get 1001-1008 (shifted +1) so in each territory point the 2 players are team mates.

If you are unable to build or AI is unable to build you haven't set something up correctly. Most likely you haven't used the right objects.

you need:
"starting_territory_team"
"starting_position_shared_territory"
"map_entry_point"

Edit: You need 1 "starting_position_shared_territory" and 1 "map_entry_point" for each player and 1 "starting_territory_team" per side. Set the player assignment for the "starting_territory_team" to one of the players on the appropriate side. Usually Player 1 or Player 2.

It's very important to make sure you are assigning each group of "starting_territory_team"
to the same player assignment. And make sure you are actually assigning current selected, not default.

Don't forget to check and fix any issues with territory (Voronoi) after editing.

Finally don't forget to save and repackage!

Follow OnkelSam's video guide exactly and you'll get it right.

Hope that helps!

helpful tip: use the "Player ownership coloring" button to toggle colors for player assignment for easy checking/debugging. The button is the 7th button from the right on the toolbar.
Only Relic postRelic 14 Nov 2013, 21:07 PM
Developer Relic Badge

awesome tutorial Onkelsam, the only thing I can suggest is that you only need two player positions in order to save a map. you do not need to place any of the territory markers before you save.

I'll be watching all these :) thanks for doing my work for me
14 Nov 2013, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:48 PMTheel

If you are unable to build or AI is unable to build you haven't set something up correctly. Most likely you haven't used the right objects.

you need:
"starting_territory_team"
"map_entry_point"

You need 1 of each of those objects for each player on your map, make sure you are assigning each group of those objects to the same player assignment. And make sure you are actually assigning current selected, not default.

Don't forget to check and fix any issues with territory (Voronoi) after editing.

Finally don't forget to save and repackage!

Follow OnkelSam's video guide exactly and you'll get it right.

Hope that helps!

helpful tip: use the "Player ownership coloring" button to toggle colors for player assignment for easy checking/debugging. The button is the 7th button from the right on the toolbar.

that didn't work it gave a error with "this map contains a odd number of players". every player has its map_entry_point, starting_position_shared_territory and starting_territory_team point. but in the first place i had one starting_territory_team (owner:world) per 2 friendly's next to each other that worked without problem.

thank you it worked for some reason it switched the player assigments back to world.
but after some trying it finnaly worked so thx for the help everyone.
15 Nov 2013, 18:21 PM

My problem right now is my men wont cap anything... can send them there but they do nothing.. any ideas?
15 Nov 2013, 19:16 PM

Does the non-core area of the playable map act as it should in game automatically or do you need to manually "paint" it in within the worldbuilder?
15 Nov 2013, 19:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you have to paint it. I'll create another tutorial for that in the future.... in short, there's a interaction layer editor in the toolbar (grey symbol with a dottet circle). Core area is stage 0, non-core playable area is interaction stage 50
15 Nov 2013, 21:27 PM

(grey symbol with a dottet circle)... interaction stage 50

Thank you, got it working now :)
17 Nov 2013, 20:08 PM

My problem right now is my men wont cap anything... can send them there but they do nothing.. any ideas?

Go back to the TER view where you set up territory. If you click "Sample", then click on a capture point, it will allow you to edit (paint) the territory of that cap point.

Just click "Paint Capturable" checkbox above the "Sample" button in order to paint the cap radius of the cp.
19 Nov 2013, 02:36 AM

Go back to the TER view where you set up territory. If you click "Sample", then click on a capture point, it will allow you to edit (paint) the territory of that cap point.

Just click "Paint Capturable" checkbox above the "Sample" button in order to paint the cap radius of the cp.

Thanks Bud.. I watched the OS tutorial again... Missed that part.. :))
20 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM

Hello there!
How do you set the "core area"? It seems that my map is playable up until the outer borders borders, where the map becomes pitch black.
Also, some objects act as a source of light (such as searchlights and lamps) when you set the time to "night". However, once I test my map or reload it in the worldbuilder, all lamps are off. Any suggestions?
20 Nov 2013, 19:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hello there!
How do you set the "core area"? It seems that my map is playable up until the outer borders borders, where the map becomes pitch black.

I hoped to be able to create another tutorial for this, but didnt find the time, yet. in short i explained it here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/11026/interactivity-stage-tool

with some playing around you'll get it.
30 Nov 2013, 21:53 PM

I'm having issues (& don't remember seeing a solution) of having the map entry points reset to player 1 in SHARED territory (or whomever owns it)... no matter the "default" or "current" options set. If I add a map entry point, change it to a diff player owner than the ter belongs to it resets, forcing me to create sep ter for each player... quite the pain!
30 Nov 2013, 22:45 PM

I'm having issues (& don't remember seeing a solution) of having the map entry points reset to player 1 in SHARED territory (or whomever owns it)... no matter the "default" or "current" options set. If I add a map entry point, change it to a diff player owner than the ter belongs to it resets, forcing me to create sep ter for each player... quite the pain!

A mapentry point always belongs to the sector owner. When you set up a team territory and assign it to player 1, all mapentry points in this team territory will belong to player 1, you can't change it, because the WB will always overwrite it again, but that doesn't matter since the whole team shares these mapentry points. The only exception you use the mapentry_point_player object. I hope this is the answer you are looking for.
1 Dec 2013, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2013, 22:45 PMofield

A mapentry point always belongs to the sector owner. When you set up a team territory and assign it to player 1, all mapentry points in this team territory will belong to player 1, you can't change it, because the WB will always overwrite it again, but that doesn't matter since the whole team shares these map entry points. The only exception you use the mapentry_point_player object. I hope this is the answer you are looking for.

oh, weird... so they come out at random spots of the map entry's spots for player 1 (or whomever is assigned to be the ter owner team they are on)? I thought the relic maps I extracted had em all separated even tho on shared ter.

okie doke... that makes it easy. thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS