Login

russian armor

Feedback for winter preview

18 Feb 2020, 00:15 AM

I'd like to see Consript reduce reinforcement cost for PPsh upgrade,in cover buff+7 men+17 MP too OP
18 Feb 2020, 03:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2020, 23:44 PMVipper

You stat are off, Panther has lower accuracy than SU-85/FF/M36/su-76 (at least the far) and in addition gets no accuracy bonuses as a vet bonus.

Can't check right now but I'm pretty sure the Panther main gun accuracy hasn't been changed. For the most part it is comparably accurate, with an edge in the close range over most contenders; the main difference remains the range difference. Right about the veterancy bit though.
From coh2db:

(Panther)
Accuracy near
Accuracy mid
Accuracy far

(M36)
Accuracy near
Accuracy mid
Accuracy far

(SU-85)
Accuracy near
Accuracy mid
Accuracy far

(FF)
Accuracy near
Accuracy mid
Accuracy far

(SU-76M I know got changed and I am pretty sure has higher accuracy values now, but I am not sure it is even fit to compare to the other units here)
18 Feb 2020, 03:58 AM

They hesitate to nerf the pakhowie cuz its an underpowered unit in 1v1 I am afraid

Also: https://www.coh2.org/topic/103761/usf-indirect-fire-stalemate/post/803247

Is there really evidence for that?

I use it a lot in 1 v 1 and see it a fair bit when I play Ost. Backtech/Second tech to Captain for AT gun and Pack howie isn't as uncommon as you'd think, especially for Heavy Cav and Tac Support users. Recon Support and Captain openers are also viable paths through which we'd see a pack howie.

It's true that LT is meta, but the Pack Howie definitely pays for itself in 1 v 1, especially on maps like Lost Glider, Faymonville Approach etc.
18 Feb 2020, 06:36 AM

How is t34-85 deserves nerf?first of all t34-85 even at point blank range have 68% to penetrate pz4 and it becomes laughable 51% at max range
Add to this low reload speed and it the end t34-85 are worse than p4
Also t34-85 AI capabilities are worse than t34-76 and pz4
T34-85 have more HP that's good and all but does it matters when opponent have cheap AT guns that pens 100%?
18 Feb 2020, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2020, 23:44 PMVipper

You stat are off, Panther has lower accuracy than SU-85/FF/M36/su-76 (at least the far) and in addition gets no accuracy bonuses as a vet bonus.

Thanks for correction on the td like acc. Its more then meds but lower then td,s.

As for no getting acc bonus with vet. Panthers have more then enough other atributes to compensate for that imo.
18 Feb 2020, 08:20 AM

No it not all other Tds have equal or better far accuracy at range 60 so their accuracy at range 50 (the range of the Panther) is superior.

As I also pointed out these TDs get bonus accuracy as a vet bonus.

Finally FF accuracy should be considered with commandeer bonus and one has to note that is mid accuracy is longer than majority of vehicles including Ele/JT making one of them most accurate weapons.

In sort Panther has inferior accuracy.
18 Feb 2020, 08:26 AM

Thanks for correction on the td like acc. Its more then meds but lower then td,s.

No problem. Will all miss stat from time to to time.

As for no getting acc bonus with vet. Panthers have more then enough other atributes to compensate for that imo.

The vet bonus of allied are simply broken and better than Panthers. The exception here is FF but considering that UKF unit have (or used to have) inferior vet bonuses by design they are not UP.
If one see the ratio of axis vehicles vs allied TD at vet 0 and vet 3 it will that is smaller and allied TDs perform better.
18 Feb 2020, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2020, 08:26 AMVipper

No problem. Will all miss stat from time to to time.

The vet bonus of allied are simply broken and better than Panthers. The exception here is FF but considering that UKF unit have (or used to have) inferior vet bonuses by design they are not UP.
If one see the ratio of axis vehicles vs allied TD at vet 0 and vet 3 it will that is smaller and allied TDs perform better.

I do agree allied td,s do preform better. In the old days that vet kept them from being uselles past med tank fase imo. Now axis med play is basicly canceld because of them esp in bigger modes just like the kt and panther used to vs allied meds.
A tone down is in order for td,s. Rather then buffing the panthers wich has only 1 bad stat and thats its ai dps.
18 Feb 2020, 16:56 PM

Churchill's are certainly mediocre in the current meta

All they needed was a slight fuel increase, not their pop increased so much that you can't afford the extra REs to repair them. (Really it's difficult to balance with Brits especially when five man increases popcap across the board, meanwhile USF and OKW laughing at you with their more pop effective repairs).

The pop increase was fine with comet because it's role in the game is not to be a damage sponge repairing half it's life. Different units need to be balanced differently if they are judged too cost effective.

In the current meta they are just vet sponges for tigers anyway. Revert Churchill nerf and bring FF pop into line with other TDs like jagdpanzer. AA tanks could also use being one pop less to encourage their use over medium spam.
18 Feb 2020, 17:09 PM

In the current meta they are just vet sponges for tigers anyway. Revert Churchill nerf and bring FF pop into line with other TDs like jagdpanzer...

FF is a heavy Tank counter and its Pop is fine
Jagpanzer is medium tank counter and should have its pop reduced.
18 Feb 2020, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2020, 17:09 PMVipper

FF is a heavy Tank counter and its Pop is fine
Jagpanzer is medium tank counter and should have its pop reduced.

They are literally in the same class. Both 60 range TDs, just jagdpanzer gets defensive vet while FF vet is offensive.

JP is the best nondoc counter to British heavy tanks axis have. It eats Churchill's for breakfast better than panther or StuG. And it also beats FF head on in 1vs1 due to superior DPS.

So there's not much logic OKW having cheaper vehicle popcap when their repairs need one Sturm at most (thanks to mech truck) while Brits you're looking at multiple RE squads

18 Feb 2020, 17:24 PM
Benefactor 392

why are they having medics as a buildable thing when you can just make an outpost next to your base with medics?
18 Feb 2020, 17:54 PM

They are literally in the same class. Both 60 range TDs, just jagdpanzer gets defensive vet while FF vet is offensive.

JP is the best nondoc counter to British heavy tanks axis have. It eats Churchill's for breakfast better than panther or StuG. And it also beats FF head on in 1vs1 due to superior DPS.

So there's not much logic OKW having cheaper vehicle popcap when their repairs need one Sturm at most (thanks to mech truck) while Brits you're looking at multiple RE squads

No they are not. Compare their penetration and you will see why.

One can simply upgrade his Ro.E to heavy sapper to repair ones Churchill.
18 Feb 2020, 17:56 PM

why are they having medics as a buildable thing when you can just make an outpost next to your base with medics?

Actually if the base medic thing go ahead Forward assembly should lose the medic upgrade.
18 Feb 2020, 17:56 PM

You cant compare JP4 with any Allied TD (FF,M36,SU85).
JP4 has much less pen. It cannot effectively pen Heavys like Churchill, KV1, KV2, Pershing, IS2, etc
18 Feb 2020, 18:03 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2020, 17:56 PMVipper

Actually if the base medic thing go ahead Forward assembly should lose the medic upgrade.

idk i feel agaisnt this. but that's just me.
19 Feb 2020, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2020, 17:54 PMVipper

No they are not. Compare their penetration and you will see why.

One can simply upgrade his Ro.E to heavy sapper to repair ones Churchill.

Compare Churchill armor with KT or JT and you will see why FF has extra pen. I don't think you can crawl out of this one when in old Churchill threads you were calling for nerfs to "non doc heavies" like Churchill.

You have been drinking the imperial dane coolaid if you think JP doesn't counter churchill, AVRE or croc as well as FF counters KT.

Jagdpanzer actually kills a Churchill faster, go test it.
19 Feb 2020, 09:34 AM

Compare Churchill armor with KT or JT and you will see why FF has extra pen. I don't think you can crawl out of this one when in old Churchill threads you were calling for nerfs to "non doc heavies" like Churchill.

You have been drinking the imperial dane coolaid if you think JP doesn't counter churchill, AVRE or croc as well as FF counters KT.

Jagdpanzer actually kills a Churchill faster, go test it.

I am not sure why you want to personalty attack me (once more) but at least get your facts straight. What I have said about Churchill is that in need its rear armor lower to be inline with other heavy units. (and many other user agree with me)

You should also check the cost difference ration between a JP vs Churchill and FF vs a KT and the fact that FF has access to Tulips that an almost guaranteed damage+snare vs KT so your argument holds no water.

The majority of user will tell you that Panther is designed to take on super heavies and JP is designed to take on mediums. Can it take a Churchill yes it can but so can Stug for far less pop.

Point here is that FF does need a pop reduction and JP need one.
19 Feb 2020, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2020, 09:34 AMVipper

What I have said about Churchill is that in need its rear armor lower to be inline with other heavy units.

I'm ok with bringing things inline, but in that case, can the front armor of churchill can be brought inline with other heavy, too ? Currently, standard churchill front armor is at OKW P4 lv.
19 Feb 2020, 12:10 PM

I'm ok with bringing things inline, but in that case, can the front armor of churchill can be brought inline with other heavy, too ? Currently, standard churchill front armor is at OKW P4 lv.

Now check hit point. Churchill will win vs PzIV 1vs1 easily.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★