Login

russian armor

Feedback for winter preview

19 Feb 2020, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2020, 12:10 PMVipper

Now check hit point. Churchill will win vs PzIV 1vs1 easily.

you missing the point, i'm not saying churchill have any problem dealing with p4. My point is, you was talking about bring churchill rear armor inline with other heavy but at the same time leave it front armour and gun profile at medium lv ? Is the hit point only can off set all of its other drawbacks ?
19 Feb 2020, 13:35 PM

you missing the point, i'm not saying churchill have any problem dealing with p4. My point is, you was talking about bring churchill rear armor inline with other heavy but at the same time leave it front armour and gun profile at medium lv ? Is the hit point only can off set all of its other drawbacks ?

OKW PzIV is a "premium medium" and what makes the Churchill a "heavy infatry support tank" is it HP not its armor.

Churchill does not need frontal armor buff (or a buff of any sort) it need a rear armor nerf. (Although I would replace the smoke with one that provide cover bonus status to infatry for better infatry synergy)

The rest is rather irrelevant (if not personal).
19 Feb 2020, 13:53 PM

Its front armour is definitely not medium level. Mediums have 160 to 180 armour (near 100% pen rate by most AT guns). Mid 200s is for kinda-heavies like Panthers, Pershing, Brummbar etc. Not really in the "high" zone but it's just as ridiculous to call it "medium armour".

In any case, no. You missed the most important points as usual. Churchill's cost is very low compared to other heavy tanks. That's an insane advantage compared to an IS2. The fact that it has more HP than IS2 and a mysteriously high rear armour value which makes it unrewarding to flank are just icing on the cake. That's why it gets a weak gun and lower frontal armour than heavies like Tiger and IS2. It's hilarious how people like you always remove gigantic pieces of information (like cost) from the equation. It's literally the most important part of the equation. The Tiger right now is OP like hell but it wouldn't be if its cost was changed to 1000mp and 300 fuel. Shock troops are insane right now but would be trash if they cost 500 manpower.

I think Churchill getting a rear armour nerf in exchange for a pop cap buff would be a reasonable tradeoff.
19 Feb 2020, 21:17 PM

Puma can easily hunt down a T34/76. Easily.

If your micro is much better you can also go after a T34/85.
19 Feb 2020, 22:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Winter feedback or PM
20 Feb 2020, 02:40 AM

Permanently Banned
A few things, some of which I've longed for the whole time:

1. (And most important): the first cache, munitions or fuel, costs 200 manpower, but any more caches cost 250 manpower. This encourages players to pick a vital strategic point to secure and improves counterplay against harassment, particularly in the early game.

2. Improve Penal Battalion late game flexibility: penal squads for the soviets can initially upgrade with 2x AT rifles. They can upgrade with the flamethrower once the mechanized armor kampaneya is built, both AT rifle and flamethrower upgrades are mutually exclusive.

3. T-34/76 and T-34/85 ramming: at veterancy 2, the tank suffers heavy engine damage instead of immobilized upon connecting with the enemy. At veterancy 3, the tank's turret has a chance of not being disabled.

4. Cost of Ostheer Mortar Halftrack restored to 200 manpower and 40 fuel, I think it's a little underpriced for its function.
20 Feb 2020, 02:48 AM

Pop standardization is certainly not a bad thing.

If puma and AEC despite different pen values can share the same pop why can't jagdpanzer and FF.

20 Feb 2020, 19:57 PM

A few things, some of which I've longed for the whole time:

1. (And most important): the first cache, munitions or fuel, costs 200 manpower, but any more caches cost 250 manpower. This encourages players to pick a vital strategic point to secure and improves counterplay against harassment, particularly in the early game.

2. Improve Penal Battalion late game flexibility: penal squads for the soviets can initially upgrade with 2x AT rifles. They can upgrade with the flamethrower once the mechanized armor kampaneya is built, both AT rifle and flamethrower upgrades are mutually exclusive.

Six man flamethrowers were absolutely shit to play against.
20 Feb 2020, 22:14 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2020, 19:57 PMKoRneY

Six man flamethrowers were absolutely shit to play against.

I can argue that a 6 man squad with flamethrower or two can occur when they pick up loose flamethrowers on the ground, and I'm not just talking about penals. Besides, this is a middle ground between that and now; flamethrower upgrade for the 6 man squad is late-game.
21 Feb 2020, 00:28 AM

I'm talking about when you could upgrade your penals with flamethrowers. It was awful and then it was removed.
21 Feb 2020, 07:50 AM

4. OKW

No problems.
KT not viable. In every highly competitive game the better choice is double Panzer IV or Tiger I. The KT is slow and cant escape high pen, 60 range tds.

JPIV not penetrating is also an issue though some clowns will try to tell you that it is not supposed to pen heavies at 135 fuel end of tech.

LeIG not being able to reliably counter 6men weapon crew is an issue aswell.
21 Feb 2020, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 07:50 AMButcher
KT not viable. In every highly competitive game the better choice is double Panzer IV or Tiger I. The KT is slow and cant escape high pen, 60 range tds.

JPIV not penetrating is also an issue though some clowns will try to tell you that it is not supposed to pen heavies at 135 fuel end of tech.

LeIG not being able to reliably counter 6men weapon crew is an issue aswell.

The kt not being viable is because of the 60 range td buff alongside kt nerfs. But before it was broken af. The definition of i win button. The toning down of the td pen at max range should make it viable again.

You want everything okw has on tracks to be able to pen heavies with ease? The panther and kt do this already. The raketten and shreck have a decent chance to do so as well.
The rof and pen profile determine the jagdpzr 4 is a medium td. Wich can cloak and get t34/85 hp with vet and has an impressive 230 armour. So yeah its worth its 135 fuel price at end tech.
The panther rof buff from about 9 seconds to about 6 seconds put it very close to the jagdpzr4,s 4/5 seconds.
For okw apperently is if its not broken its not viable.

The lieg not dealing with 6 men squads well enough? It does snipe safely from far away at a forward base reinforing easely under return fire. Didnt it get smoke? Its also not enough okw has the strongest start? A better molly for dealing with theam weapons and a non doc elite ai squad with good nades for just that purpose?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS