Login

russian armor

I'll come back to the game once they patch out heavies

• This thread is locked
16 Feb 2020, 06:49 AM

Literally every balance problem in this game comes down to heavy tanks. They don't have a place in this game. CoH should be a squad based infantry combat game with vehicles coming in as an X-factor, yet for MONTHS now heavy rushes/stalls have been prevalant, with heavy tank commanders being vital to win. Just remove heavy tanks at this point, does anyone like them?
16 Feb 2020, 09:33 AM

I do agree that infatry play should last longer and that includes other vehicles and not just Super heavies.
16 Feb 2020, 10:24 AM

Bye.
I guess you play allies more?
Stronger infantry.

Remove heavies and 60td become 50td, then we talking
16 Feb 2020, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 10:24 AMmrgame2
Bye.
I guess you play allies more?
Stronger infantry.

Remove heavies and 60td become 50td, then we talking

Do you have paranoia?

He never said he was playing allies, so how do you talk about it so decisively?

The reason you lose the game is not because of the strong infantries of the allies, but because you have poor skill

It's true that a commander without a heavy tank can't beat a commander with a heavy tank. But don't you ignore that?
16 Feb 2020, 10:46 AM

Eh heavy tank is performing fine, now they are delayed to give stock units some more breathing space.

It's all good.

For wehr the reliance of tiger is because their stock units are cost inefficient and poor late game scaling.

Allies can pick and choose between call in or not.

If you think heavy are cancerous, i think 60td with virtual pen at max range is as bad, or worse as they are stock units
16 Feb 2020, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 10:42 AMblancat

About which format are u talking about? 1v1?

Do you have paranoia?

He never said he was playing allies, so how do you talk about it so decisively?

About which format are u talking about? 1v1?

The reason you lose the game is not because of the strong infantries of the allies, but because you have poor skill

It's true that a commander without a heavy tank can't beat a commander with a heavy tank. But don't you ignore that?
16 Feb 2020, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:18 AMblancat

perfectly l2p issue

The heavy tanks suffer the same, whether allies or axis.

The allies heavy tanks became so strong that it was impossible to deal with them unless axis were using a Tiger, and the Axis heavy tanks also became so strong that they destroyed the rock-paper-scissors relationship of AT gun - infancy - tank.

You're such an idiot if you're still saying that the heavy tanks are performing fine

Heavy tank patches are the result of whining idiots like you

Wut?
The only change to heavy tank was aoe more reliable instead of more rng wipes.....
16 Feb 2020, 11:24 AM
Benefactor 392

okay bye
16 Feb 2020, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:19 AMmrgame2

Wut?
The only change to heavy tank was aoe more reliable instead of more rng wipes.....

The change made heavy tanks an infantry slayer

'more reliable'?
Every 2 or 3 infantry dies every shot?

The heavy tank's doing all the work by itself, and nothing's wrong?

You need to know what each unit does
Learn again from the basics of this game
16 Feb 2020, 11:34 AM

After reading all the complains, i wonder what kind of role the heavies should have ingame?

Making them a more durable medium, would be a death sentence; then heavy elite infantrie and tds would rule the game
16 Feb 2020, 11:49 AM

CoH should be a squad based infantry combat game with vehicles coming in as an X-factor, yet for MONTHS now heavy rushes/stalls have been prevalant, with heavy tank commanders being vital to win. Just remove heavy tanks at this point, does anyone like them?

Umm, you have confused CoH2 with DoW2 mate.
Focus always shifted from infantry to vehicles by mid and late game in CoH series.
And just because there is a collective REEEEEEE when infantry unit is killed and silence when expensive vehicled are destroyed doesn't mean late game is infantry focused nor should it be, unless you're into blobs.

Anyway, bye! Have fun in your next game.
16 Feb 2020, 11:57 AM

After reading all the complains, i wonder what kind of role the heavies should have ingame?

Making them a more durable medium, would be a death sentence; then heavy elite infantrie and tds would rule the game

You cant really give them a specified role and balance them so that people will actually use them, I mean you could tie practicality into vet like the jagtiger how it is usesless against infantry until it vets up, that sort of thing, but for me current heavies need to be slowed down for a start, nothing worse than trying to flank a reversing heavy only for your speed to practically match.

Someone in another thread mentioned adding costs to repairing them so they dont just walk in, wipe things and then retreat for nothing but I don't know how I feel about that one.

Its almost impossible to balance, they should be rewarding to get to (but they are currently not) and as a result, punishing to the other player that has to face them. As it currently is though, its just too punishing, even more so when you combine the OKW tiger 1 with a call in artilery barrage from the tank itself that renders AT gun play moot.

Look at the croc for example, it murders infantry, its slow but it seems to have a very high chance to be penned from the front by everything. Now, this is most likely confirmation bias as last time I used it 2xPgren squads murdered it with 2 salvos each, but noone actually uses them in favour of Comets due to how often they will bounce and can fight quite well against heavies.

They need to be frightning to play against but not the "tank" that they are now, but if you remove that, as with the croc, people wont use them anymore.

People only use heavies because they are very good at killing things without too much micro needed from the player. If someone wants to push a heavy with mediums, (my god, Im getting PTSD from the micro) its a true test of patience and micro ability.

My solution for heavies, only allow 1 for the entire game, if you lose it tough shit. That or increase the recourse cost every time one dies.
16 Feb 2020, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll lock the thread. There's nothing here that would benefit a decent discussion. Also we already have plenty of heavy discussion ongoing at the moment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 5
unknown 4
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L