Login

russian armor

Königstiger buff

13 Feb 2020, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:47 PMKatitof

Don't drive expensive, slow tank alone on spearhead with zero infantry/anti infantry cover?

Because obviously your infantry is immortal and you can’t get pushed back.

Apparently also since you can play the KT perfectly it’s all good. Perfect play means no buff needed.
13 Feb 2020, 14:50 PM

Because obviously your infantry is immortal and you can’t get pushed back.

Well, apparently for some reason, that opposing infantry is, so yeah, use your own immortal infantry that can't be pushed back to counter them?

Apparently also since you can play the KT perfectly it’s all good. Perfect play means no buff needed.

Actually, yes, no buffs are needed over what it already got.
We've been over this already in the thread - stop building panthers, they aren't going to help you against these TDs, build JP4 to support it.
13 Feb 2020, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:50 PMKatitof
We've been over this already in the thread - stop building panthers, they aren't going to help you against these TDs, build JP4 to support it.

Wut? What Panthers? What JP4? What does all this have to do with the KT getting a mobility ability to compensate for its catastrophic lack of mobility?

Also it’s comic to say the KT is fine.
13 Feb 2020, 14:57 PM

Wut? What Panthers? What JP4? What does all this have to do with the KT getting a mobility ability to compensate for its catastrophic lack of mobility?

And why a tank that could barely move against any kind of elevation due to underpowered engine for its weight should get mobility ability?
I mean, sure, you can have mobility, but you're going to have to say bye bye to all of that armor in exchange. You can't have a cake and eat it too.
Also it’s comic to say the KT is fine.

Its comic to say its not given its recent changes, given there is no unit in game that can stand directly up to it.
The only disadvantage to the unit, hilariously is that its HARDCOUNTERS are effective against it, which can be compensated by getting another unit.
13 Feb 2020, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:47 PMKatitof

Don't drive expensive, slow tank alone on spearhead with zero infantry/anti infantry cover?

You can drive it with a whole 95 popcap army around it and still will get rammed frontally by t34 and cheesed by il2 for just 100 muni.
13 Feb 2020, 15:04 PM

You can drive it with a whole 95 popcap army around it and still will get rammed frontally by t34 and cheesed by il2 for just 100 muni.

What are you going to do for that 100 muni? Rain KT with propaganda arty, hoping it force retreats?
13 Feb 2020, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:57 PMKatitof

I mean, sure, you can have mobility, but you're going to have to say bye bye to all of that armor in exchange. You can't have a cake and eat it too.

Jackson here....

-mobility
-armor
-pen
-turret
-60range
-selfrepair
13 Feb 2020, 15:10 PM

And why a tank that could barely move against any kind of elevation due to underpowered engine for its weight should get mobility ability?

Its comic to say its not given its recent changes, given there is no unit in game that can stand directly up to it.
The only disadvantage to the unit, hilariously is that its HARDCOUNTERS are effective against it, which can be compensated by getting another unit.

this is funny...because the IS2 has nearly the same armor, HP, gun...and EVEN mobility...and dont have to deal with nondoc 60 range high penetration TDs. and cost less

13 Feb 2020, 15:12 PM

Jackson here....

-mobility
-armor
-pen
-turret
-60range
-selfrepair

JP4 here, invalidating first 5, so it can do 6 all the time.

this is funny...because the IS2 has nearly the same armor, HP, gun...and EVEN mobility...and dont have to deal with nondoc 60 range high penetration TDs. and cost less

Not anymore, no, no, no also, its doctrinal.
13 Feb 2020, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 15:04 PMKatitof

What are you going to do for that 100 muni? Rain KT with propaganda arty, hoping it force retreats?

If you wanted to sound funny try again. IL2 rocket strafe isn't propaganda arty.
13 Feb 2020, 15:15 PM

I proposed an alternative, to lower the threshold for engine damage and maybe make it more resistant to ramming at full health.
13 Feb 2020, 15:15 PM

BUT its doctrinal !1!1!!!111..... this ist a soooooooo muuuuuuch worse
13 Feb 2020, 15:24 PM

I proposed an alternative, to lower the threshold for engine damage and maybe make it more resistant to ramming at full health.

Why for this tank alone? Why suddenly Ramming + IL2 become a problem and specially vs KT. Should we ask for the same special treatment vs P47 and M20 mine combo?

KT is fine as it is because with the appropriate support it does wonder. If you use it as a single army unit that's your problem, not the unit fault.
13 Feb 2020, 15:27 PM

when its so great..why so less ppl use it? Its get only good with panzercommander...and repair from Sturmtiger doc...since you get arty callin, more view and selfrepair...

without it...not worth to lose in so many ways
13 Feb 2020, 15:28 PM

The threshold is a straight up 75%. That means the threshold for engine damage on the Tiger II is already much higher than other tanks because it has 1280 hitpoints. Not even a Satchel will cause engine damage from full health. It needs to lose 320 hitpoints before it takes engine damage (compared to 160 for medium tanks for example).
13 Feb 2020, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 15:24 PMEsxile
Why for this tank alone?

How many times do I have to say mobility before you decide to read it?
13 Feb 2020, 15:52 PM

How many times do I have to say mobility before you decide to read it?

I think Sander93 responded quite clearly.

KT's mobility value is balance toward its amazon health pool and armor and firepower vs both infantry and vehicle targets. You can't have it all, and before you came (or one of your partner in weraboo community) with the Jackson example. Jackson doesn't have AI and that level of armor or health pool.
13 Feb 2020, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:40 PMEsxile

Then don't get it snared? That basically the same shit for every vehicle in the game minus churchill that are already slow as shit that it doesn´t make any difference.

Good luck 3-shotting that rusky kamikaze at full speed, only a mine or a pfaust of a squad right in front of the KT can catch it in time.

And there is smoke to support the ramming maneuver and make it 100% effective.

Added for completition

The threshold is a straight up 75%. That means the threshold for engine damage on the Tiger II is already much higher than other tanks because it has 1280 hitpoints. Not even a Satchel will cause engine damage from full health. It needs to lose 320 hitpoints before it takes engine damage (compared to 160 for medium tanks for example).

Since its true that a 100% wont get engine damage, its not that hipotetical to get it snared with ram.
If the KT is being used as spearhead, after 2 shots of an SU85 (that will mostly pen) a KT is vulnerable to a ram snare.

Both, su85 and T34 are faster than KT, one to kite and the other to flank.

I will admit that such maneuver is worthy the benefit though
13 Feb 2020, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 15:52 PMEsxile

I think Sander93 responded quite clearly.

KT's mobility value is balance toward its amazon health pool and armor and firepower vs both infantry and vehicle targets. You can't have it all, and before you came (or one of your partner in weraboo community) with the Jackson example. Jackson doesn't have AI and that level of armor or health pool.

and where exactly did sander say this? he is just talking about its health in regards to snaring. Anyone can see the KT is under-performing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★