Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - Ostheer

10 Feb 2020, 04:42 AM

Infantry sections reinforcement cost is already below 50%, please don’t make stuff up, IS would cost 34 to reinforce otherwise, and they are even more cost efficient with bolster

Infantry sections are not OP, so not having reinforcement cost at 50% divided by # of models is fine.

I'm not making anything up. Infantry Sections are an exception, but even they used to have 50% reinforcement cost. Infantry Sections were 35/280, paying for 4 models, then 28/280, paying for 5. Now their initial callin cost is lower, so they're not consistent with the rule. Volksgrenadiers too, with 25/250mp, now 25/260.

My issue isn't that it's OP or anything like that, I just preferred when reinforce cost was consistent. But that doesn't really matter. The important part to me is that Grenadiers should remain uniquely expensive, but made cost-effective in another way.
10 Feb 2020, 07:10 AM

I'd like to see grenadier RA reduced from 0.91 to 0.9 more because it looks better than anything else. However, I do think the unit could benefit from some better veterancy. Stuff like range increase on the rifle nade* (and a recharge time decrease for it), and/or maybe a burst duration vet or something similar which more uniquely benefits the MG42 upgrade. Even just splitting the RA/RD bonuses a bit between vet to scale a bit better... Grens go from being second hardest-to-hit mainline infantry to second easiest to hit by vet 2.

Something like having T4 decrease reinforce time or increase veterancy speed would also help them out a bit in the late game where they can be relatively hard to replace (unless with PzGrens). I do think the damage reduction veterancy sort of makes them hard to approach balance-wise at this time however. This was a change I didn't think well of to begin with.

Generally I don't think the Gren rifles themselves should be buffed, thought the LMG42 aim time could be looked at a bit imo.

*I'm aware this was an issue in the past, but I think it is time we could try this again, even if just a small increment of say, 10% or so.
10 Feb 2020, 07:34 AM

Infantry sections reinforcement cost is already below 50%, please don’t make stuff up, IS would cost 34 to reinforce otherwise, and they are even more cost efficient with bolster

Infantry sections are not OP, so not having reinforcement cost at 50% divided by # of models is fine.

IS cost is balanced around 5 men, not 4.
10 Feb 2020, 20:59 PM

I'm not making anything up. Infantry Sections are an exception, but even they used to have 50% reinforcement cost. Infantry Sections were 35/280, paying for 4 models, then 28/280, paying for 5. Now their initial callin cost is lower, so they're not consistent with the rule. Volksgrenadiers too, with 25/250mp, now 25/260.

My issue isn't that it's OP or anything like that, I just preferred when reinforce cost was consistent. But that doesn't really matter. The important part to me is that Grenadiers should remain uniquely expensive, but made cost-effective in another way.

Well if you buff their near DPS it doesn’t synergies well with the mg42, and buffing their long range DPS leads to blobs
It has been suggested to let them fire the LMG on the move at 25% accuracy or something but allied players freak out because they think all moving LMGs are Obers, even though they aren’t.
12 Feb 2020, 16:14 PM

Puma became even in more bad spot with new price for tech to BF2

+1 I think this is part of the problem with the Heavy Meta currently. Right now the timing for Puma and Stug-E is pretty bad which makes those non-Tiger commanders even less appealing as an alternative. If we want less Tiger-centric Ostheer play then fixing those timings should be included in the patch IMO.

I'd say either increase price of vehicles and add to T2 buildable to establish appropriate timing or probably better option is to add some kind of 2.5 Teching cost similar to Captain/LT light vehicles.
12 Feb 2020, 21:36 PM

If the UKF officer goes as in the current version of the mode imo the Artillery officer should receive a buff in its DPS. After all it doctrinal and arrives later.
13 Feb 2020, 04:32 AM

It has been suggested to let them fire the LMG on the move at 25% accuracy or something but allied players freak out because they think all moving LMGs are Obers, even though they aren’t.

Freaking out is understandable since the same will happen if anyone suggest Tommy fire bren on the move :v
13 Feb 2020, 06:00 AM

Freaking out is understandable since the same will happen if anyone suggest Tommy fire bren on the move :v

But that's because tommies can have 2 brens. Aliies aren't even gonna think about giving grens 2x mg42's.

Although pg's being able fire mg42's on the move would be nice.
13 Feb 2020, 07:05 AM

But that's because tommies can have 2 brens. Aliies aren't even gonna think about giving grens 2x mg42's.

Although pg's being able fire mg42's on the move would be nice.

Mg42 is nearly 1,5 time better than a single bren, so it is off set.
13 Feb 2020, 09:07 AM

I never heard that you can buy 2 LMG42 for grens...

I dont really get what you mean by off set
13 Feb 2020, 09:45 AM

how in gods name does this look +50% to you.
https://imgur.com/a/s6nf7JK
13 Feb 2020, 10:42 AM

how in gods name does this look +50% to you.
https://imgur.com/a/s6nf7JK

I stand for correct about this. And i did say "nearly" since i cant exactly remember the stat. From the images, i can say mg42 is about 25% better.
13 Feb 2020, 10:46 AM

I never heard that you can buy 2 LMG42 for grens...

I dont really get what you mean by off set

My bad English, i write it in a hurry.
My point is gren have a single but better mg42, a single bren is worse so sections can buy 2 of them, 2 bren stack up then will be better than a single mg 42 but more expensive at the same time.
13 Feb 2020, 11:07 AM

Imo lmg grens need faster reload and lock on.

Live games, or for long time, you are at mercy of rng of its first burst, you hope to take down 2 models.

Otherwise it takes a long time to fire next burst.
Else grens may lose models and reload again the lmg

Also lmg grens dont scale well late games against 7 man cons behind sand bags!
13 Feb 2020, 15:40 PM

My bad English, i write it in a hurry.
My point is gren have a single but better mg42, a single bren is worse so sections can buy 2 of them, 2 bren stack up then will be better than a single mg 42 but more expensive at the same time.

You are right. I apologise if my wording sounded personal. I was just curious about your point.
Indeed sir, the game is designed as such, 1 LMG is better than 1 bren, but 2 brens (even though more expensive and uses 2 slots) are able to outgun a single LMG.

As far as i understand it, an LMG42 was kind of a relic back in ww2 and this is somehow emulated by its performance, conscripts with one could wreak havok at vet3 with it.
13 Feb 2020, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 14:08 PMblancat

Thats not enough

Make grens can do fire&move with lmg and give 3 IR stg44 upgrade and veteran squad leader

But of course, because OST is the most UP faction, specially 1v1s.

But some people will call you wheraboo for your suggestion, i might advice you caution to say taboos like "buff axis"
13 Feb 2020, 20:41 PM

Permanently Banned
So are we gonna see a faster shell speed for Brum? The polls show that the majority of voters are in favour of a faster shell speed. https://www.coh2.org/topic/103804/brummbar-shell-speed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★