Login

russian armor

Brummbar Shell Speed

Is speeding up the Brummbar's shells a good buff for it?
Option Distribution Votes
58%
42%
Total votes: 36
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Feb 2020, 15:53 PM

I don't think it's controversial to say the Brummbar isn't in an amazing spot right now. I don't think its durability is that much to blame.

There are a lot of contributing factors: apparently bugged heavy tank guns dealing similar damage with better accuracy, the various patches to its armour trying to tune it right for team games, but there's one thing that's never really been dealt with.

The Brummbar's shell speed.

Most tanks attack infantry with scatter: they pick a random location near the centre of the squad they're firing at and shoot there. Tanks with better scatter are more accurate against infantry.

However, the Brummbar's shell is slooow. If a squad is moving, it'll fire at where the squad is when it shoots, not where it's going to be when the shell eventually gets there.

Consequently, getting good use out of a Brummbar requires manually leading your targets with Attack Ground. This means every Brummbar you have requires your constant individual attention when fighting moving targets.

What if we fixed it? If we gave the Brummbar fast shells (like the KV-2 has outside of siege mode) it'd be able to hit moving targets on autofire. It'd be as effective on autofire as it is with someone manually targeting it, just like almost every other tank.

It seems like a smart and fairly straightforward solution to me that doesn't require buffing the Brummbar against armour.
8 Feb 2020, 16:02 PM

I disagree. Brumbar is OK. Ostwind reks infantry too well and overshadows BBar. Ostwind does great AI work while requiring lower micro and being more mobile. Centaur at least isn't as good on the move as the Ostwind.
8 Feb 2020, 16:51 PM

I disagree. Brumbar is OK. Ostwind reks infantry too well and overshadows BBar. Ostwind does great AI work while requiring lower micro and being more mobile. Centaur at least isn't as good on the move as the Ostwind.

Centaur is better than Ostwind regarding on the move accuracy. But overall Ostwind is better than Centaur, agree totally. The mobility just makes it so much easier to use. I wouldn't say Ostwind is op though.
8 Feb 2020, 16:57 PM

Adding micro is a bad way to balance a unit. Faster projectile velocity would be a good change. If the unit becomes OP it can always be nerfed.
8 Feb 2020, 17:15 PM

Let’s see how it does with +20 armour before any more buffs.
8 Feb 2020, 17:19 PM
9 Feb 2020, 00:15 AM

Permanently Banned

20 armor isn't gonna do much. That's not even reverting back to the original armor values after the skirts. The prenerf Brummbar had 260/333 armor. With just the 260 armor buff without buffing the skirts, the armor values are now 260/312. I'd be satisfied if the armor was fully reverted, then the Brum would be in a decent spot and no other buffs would be needed.
9 Feb 2020, 03:50 AM

I will revert the shell range from 35 back to original 40.

No need the +20 armor trial.
9 Feb 2020, 10:07 AM

enough fast

no need buff
9 Feb 2020, 13:57 PM

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS