Login

russian armor

Patch for OST?

27 Jan 2020, 23:10 PM

There are some changes being cooked up, but nothing definitive yet so not much to comment on right now. There aren't many straightforward buffs because of how strong Ostheer currently is in teamgames, so progress is slow because every change has to be very well thought out.

Thanks for the info; it's good to know that something is being worked on, even if it might take some time.

Like I've said before, I can see how 'fixing' OST is going to be tricky - for example, I think most will agree that T4 needs to become "more viable", but I've yet to see any suggestions that could actually end up working well.
27 Jan 2020, 23:52 PM

The trouble is, i'm not sure how T4 could be 'fixed'...

Simply nerf allied TDs.
They over perform vs PzIV
They over perform vs T4 units
They over performed vs Tiger in team games and that lead to buffing to super heavies and creating the current mess.
28 Jan 2020, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 23:52 PMVipper

Simply nerf allied TDs.
They over perform vs PzIV
They over perform vs T4 units
They over performed vs Tiger in team games and that lead to buffing to super heavies and creating the current mess.

I don't think that would actually fix the problem, though. Let's assume we nerfed allied 60-range TDs (M36/SU85/FF) by a decent amount:

1. The panther is still really expensive, and the added HP/Armor isn't really needed now. Instead, the STUG is now more viable, especially due to its higher DPS and range than the panther. Additionally, if you do save up the 490mp/180f (iirc), you might as well save the extra 190mp/50f and get a Tiger, as that's just a much stronger unit.

2. The brummbar is still going to impose a heavy micro-tax, and even then, it's only really good against blobbers. The P4 and Ostwind are simply better choices, since they're cheaper, arrive earlier, and don't require manually firing every shot. Also, axis doesn't need a "bunker buster", either.

3. The P.Werfer is still going to be situational. It's good against static infantry and support weapons, but because the rockets always take a long time to hit, using it against moving infantry is tricky; you can't use it point-blank like a katyusha or caliope. This one also wouldn't change (at all) with a TD nerf.

28 Jan 2020, 00:23 AM

I don't think that would actually fix the problem, though. Let's assume we nerfed allied 60-range TDs (M36/SU85/FF) by a decent amount:

It might not fix the problem but it would improve that current situation.

And not it not the range that is problem but the performance at range 60 Allied TD perform nearly as good at Range 60 vs most target as they do in range 40.

Lowering the far accuracy or/and the ROF or/and Penetration could make things allot more balanced.
28 Jan 2020, 00:31 AM

I wonder though. What could people want for ost anyway??? any buff even a small one would make em super OP.

better panther moving accuracy and a little more frontal armor on brumbar. everything else is good imo
28 Jan 2020, 05:56 AM

Best buff is free medkits for pioneers and Grens once T4 is up, as well as a 250mp Hauptmann officer squad with 5 men with Kar98s, supervising armour repairs to boost repair speed on an individual vehicle, air recon and call in artillery.

Seem like someones playing coh1 way too much recently.
I'd say the officer should be 4 men 3 kars and officer model wielding a stormtrooper mp40 with cover buffs(reduced cooldown that way the mp40 wont be affected as much at close range).

28 Jan 2020, 06:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 00:23 AMVipper

It might not fix the problem but it would improve that current situation.

And not it not the range that is problem but the performance at range 60 Allied TD perform nearly as good at Range 60 vs most target as they do in range 40.

Lowering the far accuracy or/and the ROF or/and Penetration could make things allot more balanced.

Yeah the mod should look at 60td.

So either make them as effective but lowered range (55). Or keep the range same but have more rng.

Maybe users like us can vote to get a public feel.

28 Jan 2020, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 00:31 AMSmaug

better panther moving accuracy and a little more frontal armor on brumbar. everything else is good imo

Put these as vet2 bonus and we are good.
T4 scaling is simply not cost effective and scale poorly with vet, vs what allies get in comparison
28 Jan 2020, 06:23 AM

1. The panther is still really expensive, and the added HP/Armor isn't really needed now. Instead, the STUG is now more viable, especially due to its higher DPS and range than the panther. Additionally, if you do save up the 490mp/180f (iirc), you might as well save the extra 190mp/50f and get a Tiger, as that's just a much stronger unit.

2. The brummbar is still going to impose a heavy micro-tax, and even then, it's only really good against blobbers. The P4 and Ostwind are simply better choices, since they're cheaper, arrive earlier, and don't require manually firing every shot. Also, axis doesn't need a "bunker buster", either.

3. The P.Werfer is still going to be situational. It's good against static infantry and support weapons, but because the rockets always take a long time to hit, using it against moving infantry is tricky; you can't use it point-blank like a katyusha or caliope. This one also wouldn't change (at all) with a TD nerf.

Yap. making a stug/ost and a tiger is more worth it. With the last cp patch, tiger comes earlier and faster to vet up to get its sweet rof bonus.

Going p4 and then p5 and brumbar is not worth investment.

While panther is fast, it misses too often. And its armor has lesser chance to bounce unvet ATg and handheld AT

Hence the tigers. They are not OP as some think. Just smarter investment. Tigers are still slow AF and prone to med tank flanks or 60td snipes
28 Jan 2020, 08:29 AM
28 Jan 2020, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 08:29 AMLewka
I wish gren could put down sandbags

Don't worry, pios got their backs, so they don't have to.
28 Jan 2020, 09:59 AM

No mainline inf should be able to build sandbacks, only pios of each faction.
28 Jan 2020, 10:23 AM

give stugs an ambush abilty like jgpz4. So they can actually not outranged easily by ANY allie TD (even the cheapest one like SU76)
28 Jan 2020, 10:34 AM

There aren't many straightforward buffs because of how strong Ostheer currently is in teamgames,
yep that's actually what i think about wermaht 4v4 performance
give stugs an ambush abilty like jgpz4. So they can actually not outranged easily by ANY allie TD (even the cheapest one like M10 and SU76)
u sure m10 outrange stug ?
Anyway i suggest change m10 and stug into 60 range TD but like su76 120 dmg before vet2
28 Jan 2020, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 09:59 AMLoxley
No mainline inf should be able to build sandbacks, only pios of each faction.

No mainline should be left without snare, tho ?
28 Jan 2020, 11:15 AM

No mainline should be left without snare, tho ?

Yeah, better snare on mainline inf then snare on anti tank inf.
28 Jan 2020, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2020, 11:15 AMLoxley

Yeah, better snare on mainline inf then snare on anti tank inf.

Now if the at inf with snare are actualy as good at alpha damage as shrecks squads this would be a valid point imo.
Axis have a far better chance to bounce allied hh at then allies do vs shrecks. Making the snare on anything above a vetted p4 less effective.
28 Jan 2020, 11:46 AM

Now if the at inf with snare are actualy as good at alpha damage as shrecks squads this would be a valid point imo.
Axis have a far better chance to bounce allied hh at then allies do vs shrecks. Making the snare on anything above a vetted p4 less effective.

Allied infantry also has a better chance to shred axis infantry too. You wanna have your cake and eat it too.
28 Jan 2020, 12:40 PM

So they are sacrifizing Ostheer in 1v1 and 2v2 because of scrub modes. Great.

The game should be balanced around the amaller modes and adjustments be made from there. Not the other way around.

In small game modes Ostheer is utter garbadge. Non performing lategame, no 60 range td, small squads no light tanks and all that while, Allies got straight up buffs nobody even asked for (US Rifles, Kv2 vet).

I expected little but you manage t still disappoint.
28 Jan 2020, 12:52 PM

In my opinion there are 3 changes to make.
1 T4
2 Light tank
3 Infantry Upgrade.

Modify the accuracy or armor of the bumbar with veteranity, or leave it like this but bring it to 115 fuel.
Panther V improve accuracy reduce cost (170) modify veteranity 2.

The second problem is a lack of light wagons or a counter to it.
I add the puma or 222 anti tank.

Infantry grenadiers must be brought to 5 men in T3 (like the Soviets)
Panzergradier are raised to 320.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak